PDA

View Full Version : Jiko or Boma?

PrincessASquared
08-25-2007, 02:05 PM
My DW, DD(5) and myself will be at AK in Feb. We would like to have a nice meal before the EMH's. Not sure which one to choose. Please help me decide. Thanks.

Samtastic
08-25-2007, 02:53 PM
I've never done Jiko, but I LOVE BOMA!!! It's nice for the adventous and tame in your group. It's got the kids/American section and since it's a buffet, you can try every African thing! I'd find it hard to pick on thing to try at Jiko since I know little about the food. I love the variety at Boma and you don't feel bad if you don't like it, you just try something else. Though I really enjoyed most everythin I had.

TheMartellFamily
08-25-2007, 03:11 PM
I do not know if you are on the dining plan but Jiko is two TS credits and Boma is 1.

LauraF
08-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Personally I LOVE Jiko more, but Boma is also excellent. With a munchkin, you might be get more mileage out of Boma since Jiko is fancy and she may not want to sit still that long.

anewvision
08-25-2007, 09:28 PM
... go to jikos

Gottaluvgoof
08-25-2007, 10:48 PM
There certainly are a lot of buffets there. Did it ever occur to you that maybe that's the best way to find something for everyone in your party due to the many different offerings on a buffet? Also, some people may tend to eat less on a buffet because they can get as little or as much as they like. :rant:

mudpuppysmom
08-25-2007, 11:48 PM
For a wonderfully relaxing meal, Jiko hands down. I will say that these are two TOTALLY different restaurants and while one is, yes, a buffet, it does offer a lot of variety to try. Jiko on the other hand is a (semi) quiet surrounding that just relaxes you from the moment you step into the dining room -- the lighting, the ambience, the service (we've only had one lackluster server thus far) and the food is just wonderful!!

We have taken DS each trip since he was 3 and he has done well.......kids mac & cheese IS all that everyone says it is!!! DS usually get the fruit salad and mac& cheese or the fruit and the filet then a mickey puzzle for dessert......HE has a set choice when he goes and he knows what to order when we get there!! DH and I enjoy trying new things though.....it IS tough once you have one entree you really enjoyed though, but we keep working our way through the menu dish by dish!!

jsw123
08-26-2007, 01:18 AM
We were there in July and dined at Boma. It was our favorite meal! We ( 5 families) had a great arrangement that each family would watch all the kids when the others went out. Honestly, I felt we were cheated at Boma. The kids would have loved it! The adults were greatly/ adventurousely satisfied. The grounds of the AK lodge were amazing. The food is fantastic for anyone! Have fun! It is great!:mickey::cloud9:

anewvision
08-26-2007, 09:48 AM
. Did it ever occur to you that maybe that's the best way to find something for everyone in your party due to the many different offerings on a buffet? Also, some people may tend to eat less on a buffet because they can get as little or as much as they like. :rant:

By the way all you can eat
buffets in the USA do not usually have much
variety (all you can eat snowcrab legs or prime
rib) ect. Some do some don't. For the most
part the one at bomas don't. Example a total
of three meats 1) roasted chicken 2) fish
3) rib roast cut very thin. The fish was real
exotic boiled TALIPIA. Disney grows them
at EPCOT

disneygirlie11
08-26-2007, 11:35 AM
By the way all you can eat
buffets in the USA do not usually have much
variety (all you can eat snowcrab legs or prime
rib) ect. Some do some don't. For the most
part the one at bomas don't. Example a total
of three meats 1) roasted chicken 2) fish
3) rib roast cut very thin. The fish was real
exotic boiled TALIPIA. Disney grows them
at EPCOT

I think the point of this thread is to see which people enjoy more.

conorsmom2000
08-26-2007, 12:22 PM
:cop: Moderator Warning :cop:

Hi everyone - The original poster asked for opinions on Jiko vs. Boma for her family - please limit your comments to that topic only. There is no need to go off topic with potentially offensive comments.

Thank you!! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
08-26-2007, 12:40 PM
I think Jiko will be a bit more special if that is what you are looking for. Not sure if you are on the dining plan though. If so it will be a 2 TS exchange. :mickey:

JPL
08-26-2007, 12:54 PM
If your Daughter is a picky eater I would suggest Boma they have much more Variety and she can sample things and if she doesn't like it can make another selection.

Nicki'sMom
08-26-2007, 01:13 PM
If I had no other reasons to choose a restaurant other than which I thought sounded better, I would pick Jiko based on what I saw on the Travel Channel with Samantha Brown. It looked amazing! It also sounds like a previous poster has taken her little one and it was fine. I think you should pick Jiko. But I am not sure you can make a bad choice here. Have a great time :D