PDA

View Full Version : V&A here we come! woohoo

chechas
08-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Got the confirmation call today from V&A for next Sunday night (Sept 2) Woohoo. Me and my best friend are going to Disney for Labor day weekend for 3 nights at the BWI as a Birthday bash...she turned 40 last week. We went to V&A a couple of years ago for my 34th Birthday and loved it! So can't wait! And they are really good about working around my shellfish allergy!

Just had to share because I am so excited

WDWFRK
08-25-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm excited for you :party:! My DH and I have enjoyed three WONDERFUL meals there on our honeymoon, and 5th and 10th anniversaries! We're looking forward to our next visit on our 15th!

Enjoy!:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
08-25-2007, 04:15 PM
I would like to eat there someday. Have a great time:thumbsup: Happy Belated Birthday to your friend:party:

mouseaddict
08-25-2007, 10:11 PM
we were there last week,,the menu was fantastic. The Japanese Kobe beef is worth every penny of the extra $80!!! We were plotting our next excuse for going at the dinner table!

Natazu
08-26-2007, 05:04 AM
Awesome. Post a review for us to drool over longingly.

mouseaddict
08-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Jym..since you helped my with the wine at Cali grill I thought I would post a report on our dinner at V&A ..just to get you ready for F&W in Oct...
We were 3 nurses there..all in our 30's. There were only 2 other couples there at our time..very quiet.
We did the wine pairing...as recommended by a certain Intercot food expert..this is a MUST ( and so is the cab ride home!)

I hate to admit that I can not remember exactly what the amuse bouche was..but it was fantastic. The wine pairing was Roederer Estate Anderson Valley Brut Rose NV...mmmm

Next was the Colorado Buffalo for me (oh so tender!) Wine was Cantina Del Taburno Falanghina, Campania 2005.
My friends had the Prosciutto wrapped gulf shrimp with a King Estate Pinot Gris...love the Pinot Gris!

Next course...2 words..Foie Gras...wow! It is worth the extra expense here!

Our next course we all had a different plate. Alaskan King Salmon with celery root puree and carnival cauliflower for one with a potent chardonnay.
I had the crab stuffed tempura squash bloom with grape must mustard..this was fantastic!
The last of us had Seared wild turbot..this is an extra $25..but it is worth it since it is rare to find turbot anywhere.
Our meat course was....oh my! I was "cheap" and had the Kansas City Angus with fingerling potato lyonnaise..I can still taste it! It was paired with a Sequoia grove Cabernet Sauvignon..I am not a red wine drinker but I would have had a second glass of this in a heartbeat!
One of my friends did the Australian Kobe ($30 extra). It was served with a braised short rib..this meat is almost "sweet"..melts in your mouth!
My other friend went all the way and did the Japanese Kobe..it was $80 extra..but as our server said..after eating that she could never enjoy a regular steak again!
We all did the cheese next...I love strong cheese and the Port that was paired with it really finished us off...potent stuff.

Dessert was the chocolate trio...ohhhh and one had the Caramelized Banana gateau...

This dinner was phenomenal..I am dying to go back..but will have to wait a while...total ill for 3 very happy girls..$700! We tried to pawn the bill off on a few docs at work..but no go..lol!

Mandykay
08-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Hope you have a fantastic dinner!!! I'm not a very adventureous eater, but I'm trying to try new foods so I can justify V&A's:mickey: After reading the above post I might just be ready;)

Natazu
08-27-2007, 02:03 AM
What a great review.

chechas
08-27-2007, 07:30 AM
OMG mouseaddict! Thanks for the review....I sooooo can't wait until Sunday. My mouth is watering! It is going to be a very long "short" week for me.

SurferStitch
08-27-2007, 10:38 AM
It's an absolutely amazing experience, and you will have a wonderful time. :thumbsup:

I highly recommend getting the wine pairings. Also, go all out and add on the extras when available. DH raved about his Kobe beef (at the time they only had the Australian), and I added white truffles. They actually forgot to bring out my truffles, and doubled the serving without charging me anything, so it was a very nice surprise.

We are dining there in December, and I'm drooling just thinking about it. My favorite desserts are the Kona Chocolate Souffle or the Bailey's Chocolate Chip Souffle. Both are amazing.....:cloud9: