PDA

View Full Version : Sea Raycer age

ryca1dreams
08-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Is there an age/height requirement for the Sea Raycers for the passenger. I know the driver at least has to have a driver's license.

merlinmagic4
08-25-2007, 11:47 AM
I don't know the age for a passenger but at DD we were told our son could not *drive* one until he was twelve (with an adult of course). I wonder if they changed the rules? This was in April of 2007.

ryca1dreams
08-25-2007, 06:27 PM
You're right. The WDW site says exactly what you did and only that the combined weight of the pax can't be above 320 lbs.

d_m_n_n
08-25-2007, 07:40 PM
In 2005 we took these out. At the time DS rode with me and he was 4. They didn't question me about his age or any other requirements.

mermaidmarian
08-31-2007, 11:35 AM
I don't know the age for a passenger but at DD we were told our son could not *drive* one until he was twelve (with an adult of course). I wonder if they changed the rules? This was in April of 2007.

DS (9 yoa) and I just returned from a stay at PORiverside. We tried to rent the SeaRaycers (a/k/a water mice) and were told by the CM at the Marina hat the operator must be at least 12 yoa and at least 5 ft. tall.

wendy*darling
09-01-2007, 07:58 PM
DS (9 yoa) and I just returned from a stay at PORiverside. We tried to rent the SeaRaycers (a/k/a water mice) and were told by the CM at the Marina hat the operator must be at least 12 yoa and at least 5 ft. tall.
I believe the rules for POR, Yacht Club and Downtown Disney Marinas are still 12 yrs and 5ft tall to drive.
At any of the marinas on the Seven Seas Lagoon/Bay Lake, you must be at least 16 and have a valid driver's license to drive. (These go faster and the body of water is much larger)

But, for the passenger- we took our then 3yr old out from the Yacht Club Marina years ago.
I probably wouldn't go much lower than that. They need to be able to sit safely in the boat, unrestrained and without being thrown around, while you drive.

merlinmagic4
09-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Actually, I have a related question: do you need to bring anything as proof of age for a 12 year old to drive?