PDA

View Full Version : Adult eatinng off childs buffet

Dawniemouse
08-25-2007, 08:21 AM
Hi all! I've been wondering, can a picky adult eat items off the kids buffet? Still pay regular price. One of the people I'm going to WDW with will not try anything new. It looks like the kids food is right:ack: up her alley!

Strmchsr
08-25-2007, 09:10 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

The official policy I'm not sure about, but, yes most CMs I've encountered do this with no problem.

iheartmickey
08-25-2007, 09:16 AM
:welcome:

I don't know the answer for sure either, but I ate a mickey waffel from the CP buffet and no one seemed to mind. I think it'll be OK ... someone with more 'offical' knowledge will be along I'm sure!

I really just wanted to say 'Hi and welcome' from your neighbor just to the south ... I live in East Windsor! :thumbsup:

mickey&missy
08-25-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm not sure if there is any policy. But, in all the guide books etc I've read I've never seen anything. My kids tend to have more mature tastes then other 6 and 4 year olds. They eat off the adult buffets.

:welcome: to Intercot!

wdw_bound
08-25-2007, 09:47 AM
My DH is not very adventurous. My DD9 is. We do mostly buffet TS because it works for our family (also have a DS2). We have never encountered a problem with taking any of the food we want from the buffet. In several of them, the "kids" section is not separated in any way from the rest of the buffet. DH has eaten chicken strips and DD has eaten salmon - no problem. Sounds like a buffet is a perfect choice for you and your friend, and there are some great ones to choose from. Some of our favorites are:

Crystal Palace (awesome breakfast, we are trying the dinner next trip)
Park Faire (dinner with Cinderella, amazing strawberry soup)
Chef Mickeys (although the last time we went during free dining it was REALLY noisy and messy)

Boma gets rave reviews, but to be honest, it wasn't our cup of tea.

Two of our favorite restaurants aren't buffets, but may also work with your friend's pallette: Ohana and Whispering Canyon. Check out the menus here on Intercot.

Have a great trip!

Seasonscraps
08-25-2007, 10:41 AM
I have selected foods from the kids section of buffet and no one has ever said anything. I really don't see why they would - everything set out is for everyone.

ElenitaB
08-25-2007, 11:15 AM
:secret: I've been known to sneak waffles off the kid's buffet at breakfast and chicken strips at lunch and dinner, and I was never scolded. I really don't think there's a problem.

TheMartellFamily
08-25-2007, 03:27 PM
I thought once at a buffet you take anything off to eat anywhere. I think they call it the kids buffet because it is just lower to their level to put things on thir plate. They always have corn and DH get that on his plate along with chicken strips. We have not been told otherwise. Sometimes mommy just wants a PBand J sandwhich and she has made that too. IF there is rules let us know and we will change.

PirateLover
08-25-2007, 07:14 PM
On our last trip, at Hollywood and Vine, there were more adults in line for the "kids" buffet then for the regular buffet! The other buffets we have eaten at are Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace. Again, no problems.

Dawniemouse
08-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Thank you all for your input. I leave in 13 days.:blush:

Marilyn Michetti
08-26-2007, 09:58 PM
ALWAYS !!!!! I love mac 'n cheese, and at Cape May buffet, they have tiny little hot dogs on tiny little buns - about three bites, but I can't turn down steamed hot dogs and, no way, am I going to make that my entree. The chicken fingers are always good too.

Nobody is going to say anything unless you knock down a little kid in the process. It's not only "all you can eat", it's "you can eat all".:D

brownie
08-27-2007, 07:53 AM
You can eat whatever you'd like from the buffets.

DVC2004
08-27-2007, 10:05 AM
As other have said, you can eat whatever you choose. You will be charged the adults price still.

DawsonAR
08-27-2007, 10:25 AM
We always get food from the kids section and haven't had any problems at all. Have Fun!

disney323
08-29-2007, 04:15 PM
We do it all the time. We still get most from the regular line, but sometimes the pizza, Mac and Cheese or what have hits the spot.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-29-2007, 11:48 PM
Wow...I never gave that a second thought. We would have felt really bad if we found out we were doing something wrong by taking some mac and cheese. :blush:

I will say that when we eat at Akershus my very picky DH has them make a dish off the kids menu into an adult size meal. They have always been great about it.