PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic with or without the Dinner Package

Disney Baby
08-25-2007, 12:15 AM
We have never gone to Fantasmic without the Dinner package. Is it difficult to get decent seats without the dinner package? We are going the 3rd week of October and I was wondering if anyone has experience with how long you would have to wait in line without the package to get a decent seat.

MsMin
08-25-2007, 12:26 AM
We've had great seats w/o the dinner pkg w/ no wait in line BUT it was the 2nd wk of Dec. and it was the second showing and we just walked up as the line was moving in. I think so much depends on the time of week too, I imagine it would be a little more difficult on a wknd and from what I've seen the crowds are lighter for the second show (when there is one). It's doable but you may need a little luck too.

disneyfan1124
08-25-2007, 07:10 AM
We're doing the dinner pkg this year (Nov) for the first time (with another couple). We've always waited in line for a little about an hour and then been seated right in the center. I'm not sure location matters, you can see from anywhere. There are plenty of seats available, and frankly, if you're there early, you sit on the bleacher seats until the show starts and it can be a little rough on the back and the "back side" if you know what I mean!

GreenBeetle
08-25-2007, 09:35 AM
In my opinion, October is getting more and more popular among visitors. I was very surprised at the crowds during our trip last October. Every park was crowded and MNSSHP was really packed - and that was a weekday. I wouldn't take a chance having to stand in a long line for Fantasmic, it just wastes too much time. Since you've done the dinner package before, you are aware of the benefits.

Have fun! :mickey:

grumpypima
08-25-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm not sure location matters, you can see from anywhere.

I agree with disneyfan. We've been a couple of times and really have never had a bad seat.

There are plenty of seats available, and frankly, if you're there early, you sit on the bleacher seats until the show starts and it can be a little rough on the back and the "back side" if you know what I mean!

We have arrived early and we have arrived late. Getting there early can be a little rough on the back. Also, it was rough on our youngest child. We were in the parks all day, and it was late by his standards; he had a rough time sitting in one place while the rest of the crowd was seated. When we arrive late, or right on time (just when the line starts moving), it seems to work best for us.

If it were me, I would not pay the extra $$ for the dinner package. Also, we ususally go during a busy time of the year. After giving this advice, I really hope it all works for your family.:fingers: