PDA

View Full Version : Cali grill wine list

mouseaddict
08-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Does anyone have a copy of a recent wine list? I know they change frequently..but I am trying to find the wine we drank that night..it was dangerously good!

TheRustyScupper
08-25-2007, 01:18 AM
. . . I am trying to find the wine we drank that night..it was dangerously good! . . .

Ripple, Red?

Natazu
08-25-2007, 04:20 AM
The CG wine list doesn't change as often as one might think. I have a few here. Do you need the regular list or the reserve list?

mouseaddict
08-25-2007, 05:44 AM
How did I know that it would be you who answered.....lol. I just need the regular list. It was nothing fancy..just an extremely good Riesling, which I had never tried until that night! I am usually a Chardonnay person but.... that wine went down like water!

angedeaile
08-26-2007, 02:00 AM
I am curious to know the name of that wine as well...

We aren't really wine drinkers, but I do want to splurge on a nice bottle when we eat at Cali Grill in January.

Something smooth and mild like that might be perfect for us!

Natazu
08-26-2007, 04:47 AM
How did I know that it would be you who answered.....lol. I just need the regular list. It was nothing fancy..just an extremely good Riesling, which I had never tried until that night! I am usually a Chardonnay person but.... that wine went down like water!

CG regularly offers two Rieslings on the regular list both by the bottle and by the glass. The first is a Bürklin-Wolf estate wine. The second and much better Riesling is from Selbach-Oster. It is one of Rachel’s favorite white wines. There is a third Riesling-like wine, Mission Hill, but it is really more of an Ice Wine than a Riesling so it’s usually listed with the dessert wines or “alternative whites”.

1) Dr. Bürklin-Wolf Estate
2) Selbach-Oster Bernkasteler Badstübe Spatlëe

Natazu
08-26-2007, 04:59 AM
I am curious to know the name of that wine as well...

We aren't really wine drinkers, but I do want to splurge on a nice bottle when we eat at Cali Grill in January.

Something smooth and mild like that might be perfect for us!
Try the Silverado Sauvignon Blanc. It may not be on the list so don't be afraid to ask for it. They usually have some. Should be about $55 a bottle.

mouseaddict
08-26-2007, 06:01 AM
Thank you!!! It is the Selbach Oster!!! Now I have to find it in this city...

Natazu
08-27-2007, 02:10 AM
Thank you!!! It is the Selbach Oster!!! Now I have to find it in this city...
Good wine. If you can't find it, I can give you a website where you can order it for about $15 a bottle.

mouseaddict
08-27-2007, 10:08 AM
shows you what a wine connaisseur I am..I am in love with the $15 wine..not the $100 ones..lol. Thanks again..I am out to search today.

Natazu
08-28-2007, 02:46 AM
shows you what a wine connaisseur I am..I am in love with the $15 wine..not the $100 ones..lol. Thanks again..I am out to search today.
If it makes you feel any better, the Oster is like $45 at CG. Remember, as a general rule, Rieslings are not expensive wines. I'm sure glad Rachel likes them. The worst move I ever made was turning her on to Cabernets.

Kairi_7378
08-28-2007, 06:35 AM
The worst move I ever made was turning her on to Cabernets.

My husband has said the same thing about me on more than one occasion. :wine:

mouseaddict
08-28-2007, 08:51 AM
I grew up in a french-canadian household..Cabernet was like water...I was lucky enough to "over-do" it one time and was turned off for a very long time...but when we were at V&A earlier this month I had one that erased all bad memories..now I am in trouble. My poor tea-totaller husband....he is in trouble!

SurferStitch
08-28-2007, 09:53 AM
I get the Selbach-Oster almost every time we dine there. It's one of my very favorites! I absolutely love Riesling.

Chateau Ste. Michelle also makes a wonderful Riesling. Not expensive at all, but very, very good, and easy to find.

Natazu
08-29-2007, 03:09 AM
I get the Selbach-Oster almost every time we dine there. It's one of my very favorites! I absolutely love Riesling.

Chateau Ste. Michelle also makes a wonderful Riesling. Not expensive at all, but very, very good, and easy to find.
Side note on the Ste Michelle. It is heavily influenced by altitude. It's $12 a glass at GC, but if you get it 11floors below at Outer Rim, it's only $6.

SurferStitch
08-29-2007, 06:35 AM
Side note on the Ste Michelle. It is heavily influenced by altitude. It's $12 a glass at GC, but if you get it 11floors below at Outer Rim, it's only $6.

:funny::rotfl:

I'll have to remember that! You know, I thought I had the Ste Michelle at CG once....that's probably where I discovered it.