PDA

View Full Version : #1disneyfan's August Family Trip Days 1 & 2

#1disneyfan
08-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Cast:
Me - #1disneyfan - name says it all!
DH
DD - 11

So our trip started way back in July...the 12th to be exact. I know, my reports are really late! A little history of this trip ... We originally we going to Orlando to relax, stay at my mom's timeshare (not Disney - Bonnet Creek), spend one day at MK and a day or two at the water parks. Then head off to my mom's in southern Fl. As the trip grew closer, of course the plans changed. I added a night at the end of our trip at POR. I just couldnt go to WDW and not stay in the parks. Then we added 3 more days in the parks. So this non-Disney trip ended up being very Disney -- I just couldn't help myself!

So Day 1-
We headed for Philadelphia Airport the night before and stayed at a hotel near the airport since we had an early flight.

Day 2 -
Headed out the door for the shuttle at 5:15, a little later than expected since I was feeling really under the weather. I had food poisoning from the day before :sick:, but nothing was keeping me from getting on that plane! We arrived in Orlando at 9:10. Headed for the car rental counter and we on our way to check into Bonnet Creek resort. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with this resort. I wouldn't choose to stay here all the time, but it was beautiful and full of anemities if you have the time. After checking in and heading to our room to unpack, yes it was ready, we headed out to MGM. We met up with a new Disney friend of ours who works there, said our hellos and then we were on our way to TOT. Our DD has never been on ToT before and was really nervous. We managed to get alot done despite the late arrival to the parks and the crowds. That ended up being the way the entire time :D. We had dinner at 50's Prime Time and then headed out back for the resort since we were so exhausted. My mom and step dad had arrived by now too and I was really anxious to see them. We all walked around the resort and checked things out. Tried out the lazy river and caught Illuminations from the balcony. All in all a great first day. Up next Day 2 - Magic Kingdom!

iheartmickey
08-24-2007, 11:05 PM
That's a bummer about the food poisioning the day before. It didn't seem to slow you down too much ... you got a lot done for your first day!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
08-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

vizsla
08-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the report.

Lizzie
08-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the report.

dolphinmickey9170
08-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Sorry to hear about the food poisoning. Glad it worked out.

Looking forward to the next day.

faline
08-25-2007, 04:25 PM
You certainly got a lot done even though you weren't feeling well!

Bethis26fan
08-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Thanks for sharing.

January-2007
08-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the trip report. :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
08-30-2007, 01:51 PM
I am glad that your tummy issues didn't keep you from having a good time. Looks like you are off to a good Disney start. Thanks for sharing. :mickey: