PDA

View Full Version : Just DH and I, R and R.....Yeah right! Day 6

dolphinmickey9170
08-24-2007, 05:35 PM
Cast:
DH - Ben - 42 - Fell in love with WDW on his very first trip, hence, he bought into DVC for my wedding present!! Thanks Ben.

Me - Kristen - 36 - Been in love with all things Disney since I was a little girl!!

August 11-16, 2007, Just the two of us for a bit of rest and relaxation......yeah right!

BOO!! HISS!! Pitching a fit!! I don't know what it is, but I hate check out day. Could be because I have to leave WDW, or is it because I have to go back to work....hmmm? That's a tough one, I hate leaving the world. Work isn't the issue. I love my job. We packed up yesterday for the most part, so this mornings exit was quite easy. Except for the fact that the DVC tank top I bought the other day was two sized too big. I just took it back into the store and exchanged it for the right size. Then put it on and wore it for our last day. We had chosen the express check out so we did not have to go to the desk, and yesterday we received our DME letter telling us what time we needed to board the bus. Also on our door today was what our credit card-room charges were. We only charged two things. The DDP and two adult beverages. No biggie. So off to check our bags with bell services while we end our fabulous anniversary vacation with one last day in the world. We head for the bus stop and decide to go to the MK, being our last day and all. So our usual deal is we catch the first bus that comes, MK or Epcot and go from there. Well, Epcot came first so we hop on. As we are walking toward the monorail station, my cell phone is ringing. It's Shannon.......Our O'Hana breakfast is on, but not at 10:50 as originally planned. We have been changed to 930. Well...it's almost 9 now and we are at Epcot. No biggie, we'll be there in a bit. We arrive before anyone else and check in. I tell the hostess that the rest of our party is on the monorail and will be here soon. She then informs me that Lilo is sick today and will not be joining us. Instead we have Stitch, Mickey and Pluto. Also, a surprise from Minnie will happen at 1030 for a short time. At 945, we all are seated together. Will, Shannon, and our newest friends, Matt, Madison, Phyllis and Keegan from VA (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2753002630042804337jondJf). We meet Mike, our waiter, and he brings coffee, juice, a platter full of fruit and then another platter with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, potatoes and then a nice young lady brings mickey waffles and pineapple bread and raisin bread. This is an all you care to eat breakfast. And trust me when I say all you CARE to eat. It is very delicious and you just can't help but gourge yourself. The music and dancing is great and the characters are fun too!! Will and Shannon (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2027704830042804337YIjySV)have a great time with the characters as well Ben and myself. (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2560982370042804337JEYlrD) Keegan (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2231280130042804337rPSNbC) is quite the character himself and enjoys dancing in the parade around the dining room.

After a great breakfast, what does everyone want to do? Well, we decide on MK. Matt goes to get the stroller for Maddy while we hang out the Poly. I love this statue (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2634053700042804337cJNEJA) just inside the monorail enterance. Ben won't let me have it, he says it wouldn't travel well on the plane. Go figure.:D

We had for Adventureland and guess who's there. Capt Jack (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2663028450042804337qkJaTm). You tell me....does he look like the real one or what? This was the pirate tutorial. As we walk toward Splash to see the wait time, we realize there is....um....er, shall we say, small problem (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2893393220042804337lVXhXZ)with the, not wet (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2045634220042804337HjGHHO), mountain. Down for two hours, gotta come back later. We get FP for BTMRR and go right to It's a Small World. I attempt, yet again, for the umpteenth year in a row, to get a GOOD picture of the eskimo guy holding the blue fish on the carousel. I think it is in the white room? It's on the right as you ride by. Of course, it doesn't happen. I am too slow, or actually my camera is. But I did get the penguins. We do Space Mountain, a blast as always and head back to BTMRR for our FP return time. As we wait, some of our party gets a little goofy (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2719376550042804337eTDwpB). But we have a great time. We have another FP for Peter Pan, but won't have time. Luckily Splash is now up and running and we had 3 FP to use for it. Keegan and I have Maddy in the middle and we get the front. Guess what, I got soaked. I never realized that the first drop causes you to get soaked by the big drop that happens just as you round the corner. Oh well. No biggie, it was hot anyway, so I'll dry quickly. Shannon and Will head off to House of Blues for the Aly and AJ concert. (You can listen to their podcast if you PM me for the link). We head back to the bus to go to OKW. We have about 30 minutes to spare before we have to board DME @ 550pm. We order two CS meals at Goode's, thinking that was it. We actually had two more, so we purchased 2 cold sandwiches, 2 chips and 2 bottles of water. I also had 4 snacks left, so we purchased 4 mickey cereal treats. That finished it all off. Just finished eating and the bus pulls up. We load first and several others behind us. Then we go to SSR and pick up a bunch more. We were at MCO by 645pm. The line for the SW counter was HUGE!! I couldn't believe how long it was. But it actually went pretty quickly. We reprint our boarding passes (secured A with early check in), left our bags at xray and headed off to the Disney Earport store. I saw a pin rack. Well, I figured I would at least try to find the Boston Red Sox pin I had been looking for. Guess what?!? :joy::woohoo::yay: They had it. Along with other unmentionable teams. Uh hum. Anyway. I bought my pin and headed for security. Once through, we get some iced coffee, diet pepsi and really big cookies for the plane. We still have some time too kill so we chat on the phone with our DDs, watch a little preseason football, Miami vs KC Chiefs. Our flight is at 9pm and we were called to board at 0830pm. Well, in five minutes anyway. But, again, another teenie weenie small problem. There is no plane. Uh....what happened? Where is it? Well, about 10 minutes later, in walks our plane. Well, you know. So we board, getting the two seats in the exit row!! Love it. Secured myself a pillow and a blanket and settled in for a little nap. Well, that didn't happen. I have too much fun looking out the window at night. The view is just incredible. I tried to take a picture, but all I got was blackness. Sorry. We receive liquid refreshements and two snacks. I guess they thought we were all hungry tonight. We land about a half hour late. Hop in a cab and ride home.

My DH (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2720160360042804337CIpXCI) is playing a game and our dog, Jaxon, will not leave his side. I think he has a detachment disorder. But its all good. I just wish we could take him to WDW with us. You also see my cat, Jazmine, she loves her daddy too. I thought I saw that OKW was pet friendly, but I don't see a "dog walking park" anywhere. So maybe I was just dreaming. Remember, that alarm was spoiling peoples dreams.

Its over. Another vacation ended. I can't take it. It's just too much to handle.

Oh, wait.

Hold on.

I have another WDW vacation coming. We have one day less than 4 months until our fabulous family christmas vacation. I can't wait.

shan-ash
08-24-2007, 05:56 PM
What a nice final day at the world!!!!!:mickey:

Willful
08-24-2007, 07:40 PM
:mickey: We thoroughly enjoyed your trip report post especially since it included us. Thank you again for the great times, good conversation, big laughs, and wonderful pics:number1:

We're trying to get a trip together to go back to Disney Dec. 13-18th....hope it works out and we can have a reunion of the all the gang from the last trip!!!!:blush:

dolphinmickey9170
08-24-2007, 07:44 PM
:mickey: We thoroughly enjoyed your trip report post especially since it included us. Thank you again for the great times, good conversation, big laughs, and wonderful pics:number1:

We're trying to get a trip together to go back to Disney Dec. 13-18th....hope it works out and we can have a reunion of the all the gang from the last trip!!!!:blush:

WOOHOO!!, Willful's first post is to my trip report. Can't wait to find out more about your trip!!

Bethis26fan
08-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Thanks for sharing.

iheartmickey
08-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Sounds like a great last day! I never get that much done the day I'm leaving.

Thank you for sharing you trip with us! :thumbsup:

Willful
08-24-2007, 11:00 PM
WOOHOO!!, Willful's first post is to my trip report. Can't wait to find out more about your trip!!
I had to make my first post count! :D

It's funny that your final resort activity is the same as ours! And this past trip we had so much extra QS and snack credits that we were loading up at Artist's Palette and we needed several bags. :funny:But definitely worth it because I had a Disney sandwich on the plane!

Well, I guess I should be working on my trip report...

pdrlkr
08-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Lizzie
08-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Thanks for the report. How is Lilo sick? I hope her and Stitch are there for our breakfast thats the only reason we are eating there.

Willful
08-25-2007, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the report. How is Lilo sick? I hope her and Stitch are there for our breakfast thats the only reason we are eating there.
I think we've been to 'Ohana breakfast every trip the last few years and that was the first time Lilo had been sick. In fact, Shannon, Keegan, and I had been at 'Ohana breakfast two days earlier and she was there. I think it was just a fluke. I wouldn't worry. Of course when you book the ADR, they will tell you the official company line "characters subject to change". But I'm sure it will be all good! :thumbsup:

Pocahontas
08-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks for your trip reports, I've enjoyed reading them all!:mickey:

faline
08-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Glad you found the pin you wanted! It's always nice to have another trip to look forward to when one ends!

Beach Club Babe
08-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Sounds like a really great day and end to your trip!

January-2007
08-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the trip report.

DizNee143
08-28-2007, 02:59 PM
what a great last day at disney...sounds like you had a really nice time at the MK...:mickey:

aprilisis
08-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Thanks so much for the great report! :mickey: