PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Groceries on Site

smw01
08-24-2007, 03:16 PM
I will not have a car while I am on site, but am interested in having such things as water, snacks, etc. in the room. I came across an on line store Garden Grocer that will deliver to the hotel on site. Have any of you used this service before? And if yes, did it work ok?

crazypoohbear
08-24-2007, 03:27 PM
I used them last year and it worked out just fine.
They are very reliable. :mickey:

mickey&missy
08-24-2007, 04:45 PM
First, :welcome:

Garden Grocer is an intecot sponsor. I haven't personally used them yet but have heard very good things from other members! Good luck and happy planning!

Strmchsr
08-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Garden Grocer is an intecot sponsor.

They are no longer an Intercot sponsor, but most folks seem to have had a positive experience with them.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-24-2007, 07:48 PM
We are using them next week. When my sis went to order, there were already some dates they were all booked up and didn't have any availability to deliver. So don't wait too long to place your order.

bkfree
08-25-2007, 09:49 PM
We ahve always used them with great success. We usully call them as soon as we enter the hotel lobby to check in and they have our stuff to our room within the hour.
We make our order and pay thru Paypal a few weeks before our trip.
They even make a stop by the Liquor store and brought us some wine and Crown Royal for those late afternoon toddy time.
We will use them next time for sure.:number1:

Lizzie
08-26-2007, 01:38 AM
Didn't realize they could be completly booked. I need to place my order soon. Good to know.

playdead88
08-26-2007, 10:09 AM
garden grocer rocks! they deliver and go over the list with you and check off your items before they leave in case anything is missing - we go as far to order shampoo and soaps so we don't have to carry them in the luggage :mickey:

kathiep
08-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Do you have to be present when they deliver your order?

And if not, what happens if you've order perishable items?

Thanks!

Beast_fanatic
08-26-2007, 09:13 PM
The resort will accept orders that are delivered when you are not present, and they will store the perishable items until you arrive to claim them (and the other items as well - none of it is delivered to your room if you are not present).