PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Discount Package deal more expensive than regular rates????

RemyzCookin'1976
08-24-2007, 02:09 PM
The other day I saw a promotional package discount in my newspaper for Disney resorts, and I really want to come to WDW right before Christmas. I called the reservation desk and when I asked for the discount for the time I want to come, the rates were more expensive than they were without the discount! :confused:I think it is because I am staying so close to peak season. :fit:
Has anyone else encountered this situation? The CM told me prices vary case by case, but I still thought this was really weird. WHAT IS DISNEY PRICING THINKING???:down:

BMan62
08-24-2007, 02:27 PM
First off, prices went up as of August 5th. Anything booked after that date is at 2008 prices.

Second, 2008 pricing has a quirk to it - you pay different rates based on the night of stay. Weekend nights are more expensive than weekday nights.

Third, you no longer have the luxury of booking at the end of a rate period and getting that rate for your entire stay. If you book the last night of Value season thru the next 5 nights (6 night/7 day trip,) you would pay Value season rate for the first night only, the rest of the nights would be at the new level (normally Regular season.)

It's a bit more confusing to figure out, but more in line with 'real world' hotel chains.

It sounds like you may have looked at the 2007 rates to compare against the 'discount.' Unfortunately, 2008 rates are in full effect.

TammiMcMan
08-24-2007, 05:27 PM
RemyzCookin'1976, first of all, it's hard to comment not knowing what the details of the package are. Secondly, I would suggest getting in touch with Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/). If there's a discount or package available, they'll work to get it for you.

First off, prices went up as of August 5th. Anything booked after that date is at 2008 prices.I think you might be a little bit confused. If someone is still booking for a resort stay in the year 2007, they get 2007 rates.