PDA

View Full Version : Photo Pass ??

Deansgal85
08-24-2007, 12:21 PM
What does everyone think about the "Disney Photo Pass??" Is it worth it to buy the CD before arriving..it's cheaper. OR Is it a better deal to just "buy as you go??" ALSO--if I do purchase the CD....can I take it to my local Wal-Mart and print whatever pics I want??

Just wondering if this is worth it----or just to take my own pictures.....THANKS!!!:mickey:

AuntDJ
08-24-2007, 12:26 PM
I would buy before I go...ofcourse I always plan to buy it anyway...

We use EVERY photopass person we see, if there isn't one there I use my camera. If I don't want to be in the picure I will use my camera and the photopass. Then when I get home, I look at both set to see which is best and only develop the best ones.

Last time we had over 150 photopass pics and about 300 of our own. I also like it because you can add the special effects, like holding tinkerbell...

I am going again until next year, but if the pre purchase offer is still there then I will get it.

DJ

divinedi
08-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Quick question, what is the pre-purchase price, as compare to what it costs when you are actually in DW. Thanks!

Deansgal85
08-24-2007, 01:36 PM
I think the pre-purchase price is 99.00 and the later price is 119??? I'm not sure...I can't seem to find the site I was on yesterday with that information!:blush:

Kairi_7378
08-24-2007, 02:44 PM
I wasn't a fan of the photos that I got with my PhotoPass. The pictures that the CM took with my camera were better than the official PhotoPass ones. I guess it depends on how you feel about interrupting your touring to stop for pictures. I would pay as you go.

disneyfan328
08-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Hjere is all of the info that I have on Photopass as I did some checking into this myself.

There is a prepurchase offer for 99.00 - if you buy before you go - if you don't like the pics you get from what I understand you can get a refund.

The cost of the CD reg price is $124.99. This gets you the copyright and all of the pictures on a CD for you to print anywhere you like - at home, walmart, target wal greens whatever - you just have to be sure that you take the copyright with you when you go.

If you buy the CD in the parks before you go you lose the option to add the borders, autographs ect if you wait until you get home you have 30 days to do all of your editing and then purchase.

good luck regardless. to buy the pics indv. it is 12.95 per 5x7 and that is the cheapest it gets.

Deansgal85
08-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the info....I found the site by "googling" Disney Photo Pass pre-arrival coupon.

If I get the CD ahead of my trip and print them once I'm home at Walmart....can I add the borders?

Thanks!!

ktflisa
08-24-2007, 11:26 PM
The way it reads on Disney's site, you pay ahead of time, they give you a promotion code. You go to the parks and take photos like normal. When you get home, you can view all your photos, make any "crops" or add borders etc...then you order the CD. By putting in the promo code they sent you beforehand, there is no charge.

LoriMistress
08-25-2007, 04:14 AM
Quick question, what is the pre-purchase price, as compare to what it costs when you are actually in DW. Thanks!
$99.95 when you pre order online. If you go to the parks it costs $125.

crazypoohbear
08-25-2007, 09:35 PM
We are leaving in 2 days!!!!! for a grand gathering. We were talking today about splitting the cost for the pre paid CD.
1) can we all use the same # so all the pictures are on one CD?
2) because we will be splitting up it is easier to do this so whenever someone wants a picture taken they can do it.
3) I read somewhere there is a bar code that the photo pass people can scan, can we just make copies of that??
Thanks

Kairi_7378
08-25-2007, 10:20 PM
I think you can put up to 4 photo pass cards on a CD. I have also read here that some people make sure to write down their pass bar code #'s in case they loose their photopass.

snifflesmcg
08-26-2007, 12:01 AM
What does everyone think about the "Disney Photo Pass??" Is it worth it to buy the CD before arriving..it's cheaper. OR Is it a better deal to just "buy as you go??" ALSO--if I do purchase the CD....can I take it to my local Wal-Mart and print whatever pics I want??

Just wondering if this is worth it----or just to take my own pictures.....THANKS!!!:mickey:

Last year my BF and I used the photopass as much as possible. I think the CD runs around $100. A couple I know got the CD and was able to use it for buying pictures at a local photo center and sharing them online ect. There are no restrictions on the CD. It's worth it if you are going to take alot of pictures. It's not if you are only going to take a few. Either way, it's free to use the photopass but it costs to order anything. Also, you can ask the photopass people to take a picture with your own camera. I had alot of great shots that the photopass people were nice enough to take for me.

My only absolute suggestion. DON'T BUY YOUR PHOTOS FROM WALMART!!! I have had nothing but problems from them. They cut my film wrong ruining my only Chicago, IL pics and all of my 2005 Disney pics had a red line running thru them. I also had a problem with them giving me two of the same cd and forgetting to give me another. :mad::mad::mad:

However, I happen to like Shop-Rite (which is what I use for most of my digital pics) Walgreens, Wegmans and CVS.

Good luck!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-26-2007, 10:18 PM
So I just preordered the PhotoPass. Do I actually receive a anything at home? Or do I just take the confirmation number with me? I leave in less than 48 hours, so I'm really hoping I just take the confirmation with me and just use that once we have all the pictures taken.

tinksmom02
08-26-2007, 10:24 PM
So I just preordered the PhotoPass. Do I actually receive a anything at home? Or do I just take the confirmation number with me? I leave in less than 48 hours, so I'm really hoping I just take the confirmation with me and just use that once we have all the pictures taken.

I believe that you don't need to take anything with you. I think that you are given a code; when you get home, you enter the code(s) from your PhotoPass(es), and then the promo code from the pre-purchase.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I've gotten it wrong!

crazypoohbear
08-27-2007, 08:53 AM
If you pre purchase the CD, do you just go up to a CM and ask for a photo pass #? can you get duplicate #'s so everyone is on the same CD?
I'm so confused:confused:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-27-2007, 09:17 AM
I guess we can just ask when we get there tomorrow.

disneyfan328
08-27-2007, 10:38 AM
OK HERE'S THE DEAL -

When you preorder the photopass - You are given a number to use to set up the account when you get home ( I believe that this is all you receive) -

As far as sharing the cost - its great for those of you going with families that you can do this. From the info that I was given from Photopass you can add as many cards as you want to the account - If need be you will be sent more than one CD containing all of the photos. You are better off to add the borders, autographs ect once you get home. You have 30 days to finish up all of the editing before you have to submitt for the CD.

Your first day in the parks - go to the first photopass CM you see - they should be easy to find. Tan vests and big cameras. Let them know its your first day and they will give you your pass. You give this to the photographer each time you get a photo taken so that they can scan it. All other party members do the same.

You add all of the cards to ONE account when you get back

However - I would strongly suggest taking a few minutes at some point during your trip (not the last day ) and go to one of the places and view your photos. Just in case there is a special one (whole family ) ect that you really want - you can check it to be sure it is a good photo, and if not then you at least still have time to go and get it retaken.

Good Luck

PS The cost of the Photopass Pre-Trip is 99.95. The cost after you get back is $ 125.00 (the cost went up earlier this year - it is no longer $100.00) I would not reccoment buying the CD before you leave the parks as you can't add the borders, edit the photos ect.

Good Luck.:mickey:

wdwnomad
08-27-2007, 10:29 PM
I always take a picture of my photopass cards with my camera. This way if I lose the card I still have the numbers. This came in handy last year when one card disappeared. I stopped by one of the Photopass stores and the CM pulled up the numbers. She transfered the pictures from that card onto another card I had.

Mnchknbrat1982
08-28-2007, 12:02 AM
anyone know how far in advance you need to order the cd? For the preorder price? I leave in 24 days. So want to make sure I get it on time.