PDA

View Full Version : Speciality Cale

kjmom
08-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Has any order a speciality cake for birthdays? We will be celebrating both DD bdays in WDW and I was just wondering what to expect if we ordered one ahead of time?
Are they worth the extra cost or?

paulsheri
08-24-2007, 12:15 PM
I ORDERED A CAKE , FOR 40TH ANNIVERSARY AND WE CELEBRATED "OUR DAY" AT CALI GRILL AND THEY SERVED IT TO US AFTER OUR MEAL, IT WAS A GOOD TASTING CAKE, AND THEY EVEN BOXED IT UP FOR US. ORDER IT YOU WON'T BE DISAPOINTED :party:

offwego
08-24-2007, 12:21 PM
My dh ordred one form birthday a few years ago now. It wasn't completely defrosted when served and he had to remind the server at the table after reminding the hostess and the server when we were seated..essentially for the three of us not worth it since I think it was aprox 26-30 dollars. You may want to look at disney florist for something to be delivered...they have always wowed me!

kjmom
08-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the info, what type of arrangements are offered by the disney florist? I haven't really thought of that option.

Strmchsr
08-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp) to go to the Info Central birthday section for info on the cakes, florist, and other ideas.

#1donaldfan
08-24-2007, 08:00 PM
We had a bday cake at the Cinderella Dinner at the Grand F......it was AWESOME......we almost hated to start cutting it......WOW, was it good....

Tigger-N-Pooh
08-25-2007, 05:59 PM
There is a cake hotline you can call @ 407-827-2253. Follow the prompts for the resort/park restaurant you want it delivered to and you will either leave a message with what you want or talk to someone who will help you plan your cake. Just a word to the wise they can get expensive. If you truly want a personalized cake with choices, then you must order a 10" cake. The best part about these cakes is that they are fresh and not frozen. The 6" cakes come out of the freezer and often use shortening for the frosting :sick:. When we went to CRT for lunch last year, my DH surprised me with a beautiful cake that had an edible image of Mickey and Minnie riding Dumbo. It was truly magical. The pastry chef will be able to assist with almost any image. Last I checked they can't do Winnie the Pooh though, but any others is fair game. :mickey: