PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone eaten at any Crossroads restaurants?

MickeyMousse
08-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Since we will have our car during our November trip, I was wondering about the restaurants located at The Crossroads, outside of the WDW gates. Has anyone ever eaten over there?(other than at McD's!) Last I noticed, I think there was a Chevy's, maybe a Red Lobster??? I've never ventured through there to look at what was offered and since we have the car, I figured one night we could go over there for something different.Any suggestions/opinions? Thanks!

brewcrew26
08-24-2007, 01:08 PM
There is a Chevy's and a Red Lobster. Albeit, I haven't been there in like six years.

But I've eaten at the Jungle Jim's -- it's a burger joint with an animal theme. It's actually really fun. Lots of interesting burgers and drink options. Plus, if you have little ones the live animals will sometimes be out and about.

We've also eaten at the Miami Subs, not quite in Crossroads, but maybe a block or two down. It's a sandwich shop but they also served Dom Perignon which was very strange since its like $100 per bottle.

I want to say that there's a TGI Fridays, a Perkins, and an IHOP that I've eaten at, too. But, my memory isn't quite what it used to be. I'd have to go back and check some of my guidebooks that have sections about Crossroads.

DisneyTeen
08-24-2007, 01:11 PM
I believe there is also a Friday's and a Hooters near the mini golf (both can be seen from the high way). i don't mind Chevy's, its pretty good. I don't know if they have added anything to were Jungle Jim's used to be. Down the road a little more, (if your looking at crossroads) to the left is an Olive Garden and a little further down is Orlando Ale house. The other way, going under the high way there is a bahama breeze and I think a buffet (golden something or other).
Just know that all these places are normally extremely packed.

Piglet822
08-24-2007, 02:51 PM
In the general area of Crossroads you have a Chinese buffet, Shoney's, Steak and Shake, Hooter's, Kobe, Olive Garden, IHOP, a new Mexican place I haven't tried, Orlando Ale House, Chevy's (ate there the other night, it was pretty good), Pizza Uno, Perkin's, Red Lobster, Waffle House, Golden Corral, Bahama Breeze, Outback, and more that I can't think of right now.
Jungle Jim's closed awhile back. I'm thinking I saw a TGI Friday's in there but I won't swear to that, I could have seen it elsewhere and I'm just mixing up the two locations.

TTAtravler
08-24-2007, 07:00 PM
We ate at the Perkins for breakfast. I love that chain.:thumbsup:

MMouse6937
08-24-2007, 08:12 PM
We have eaten quite a bit at the Crossroads strip mall. Goodings is one of the nicest place to grocery shop. We have eaten breakfast at Perkins and dinner at TGIFridays and Red Lobster. The meal at Red Lobster was one of the best I've had. Nothing like fresh seafood! :beer:

TheRustyScupper
08-25-2007, 01:20 AM
1) The eateries are chains and/or fast food.
2) We pretty much avoid the strip center.

ISLE39
08-25-2007, 04:51 PM
I HAVE EATEN AT THE OLIVE GARDEN HERE and im from new york and i got to say that at this particular olive garden i did NOT have to ask for one thing it was like i opened my mouth to ask for something water cheese more salad and before i could finish a sentence what i wanted was right there best service i have had at any restaurant anywhere. i wish i had that service everyday. but the food was good

Cathy S
08-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Have eaten at Red Lobster and I have to say that it is one of the best RL I have ever been to. We also love the fresh Tex-Mex at Chevy's. I am not particularly fond of the Mexican fare at the parks -- I know most people love San Angel and the Cantina, but it's a matter of taste. And we love Chevy's. Yhe food has always been good and fresh.