PDA

View Full Version : Only the 4 of Us - Day 2

kakn7294
08-24-2007, 09:24 AM
Sunday - Animal Kingdom and more

Cast - me 38, DH Phil also 38, DD Stephanie 12 and DD Megan 7

The alarm went off at 7a. Phil went out to run, a daily ritual for him. We all got ready and headed out for a bus to AK. While we waited, Megan made friends with Lucy and Erin, an adult mother-daughter pair from Seattle who were also heading to AK for the day - boy my girl can talk! Once there, we played with Wes Palm for a bit - Megan loves him. We explored the trails at the entrance - how is it that I never noticed that bridge and waterfall / cave before? We headed over to EE to grab fastpasses then over to ride Kali River Rapids. It was a 10 minute wait for Kali so we were on quickly. We'd never ridden it before (I don't like to be wet) so this was a first. We quickly stored our stuff and then looked around the raft - Erin and Lucy were sitting acrossed from us! It was a nice ride but since I got soaked, I don't think I'll be in a hurry to ride it again. After Kali, we headed over to EE as our FP time was up already. This was Megan's first time and she hated it. We did purchase the picture and she talked us into getting her a little stuffed Yeti after it was over - his name is Fluffy. Lucy and Erin were in line in front of us and we ran into them several more times throughout the day. We hurried off to catch the Flights of Wonder show, missing the first few minutes. By this time, I had a blister on my left foot from the strap of the flip-flops that I wear all the time. Bandaids wouldn't stick and of course, all of my other shoes were at the resort. We headed over to Tusker House for lunch, seeing Baloo and King Louie (http://inlinethumb44.webshots.com/10475/2615330090102032678S600x600Q85.jpg) along the way, and making a short detour to grab FP for the Safari. We also looked around for some Crocs for me but there were none to be found. After lunch, we stopped in first aid for some mole skin (which wouldn't stick either) then headed back for KS. We saw a lot of animals but the lions and cheetahs weren't out. We also walked the 2 trails where Steph got to see her favorite, the Okapi (http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/11921/2159234040102032678S600x600Q85.jpg). We headed over to Dinoland where Megan and I rode Triceratop Spin while Phil and Steph rode Primeval Whirl (Megan's still too short). I couldn't stand it any longer, so we went in search of shoes again. The only Crocs I could find in my size were the color I already have so I ended up with a pair of flip-flops that missed the spot with the blister. And of course, right after that we found red Crocs in my size but I wouldn't buy them because I already had spent money on those flip-flops! We headed over to catch Dinosaur - we had forgotten to grab a FP here so it was a long wait of 40 min. This was Megan's first ride here as well and she hated it too although she kept her head down and her eyes covered the entire ride so I don't know how she could tell that she hated it! Stephanie didn't like it last time but decided it wasn't so bad this time around. We then watched the parade - we've also never seen it either. Phil and I watched from the doorway of a giftshop - it was too hot to stand out along the street! We tried several times to see the Nemo show but they only had the 11a showing that day for some reason. However, a CM kept telling us each time to come back for the next show so we wasted time going back for shows that never took place. After this, we decided we were done for the day - we'd never make it back to Camp Minnie-Mickey for the FOTLK or Pocahontas shows so we took our time wandering back to the entrance, doing some shopping along the way. We caught a bus to WL and a dinner at Whispering Canyon. We arrived at 5:30p but dinner wasn't until 7p so we freshened up the best we could in the restroom and explored the resort a bit. Now the girls want to stay there! Dinner was still nearly an hour off but we decided to ask if they could fit us in any earlier and to my surprise, they seated us within a few minutes. The food was good - the milkshakes are great! None of my pics here turned out. After dinner, we headed over to MK - it was open until 11p with evening EMHs. We got our bracelets upon entering and headed over to Tommorrowland. We saw the Laugh Floor - cute little show, rode Buzz (http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/9553/2607350960102032678S600x600Q85.jpg), TTA, and COP (I love that attraction!). We then headed over to Fantasyland and caught a few attractions there then went to the HOP. By this time, we found seats on the porch outside of the Diamond Horseshoe for Spectromagic. This is our favorite parade. Megan fell asleep and we were all tired so we decided to forego the EMHs and headed off to bed. Maybe we'll sleep in tomorrow!

pdrlkr
08-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

iheartmickey
08-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Sounds like a fantastic day! Sorry Megan didn't like the rides ... at least she tried them!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

murphy1
08-24-2007, 10:53 AM
Ouch, darn blister, hope it healed well! THanks for the report! I am so glad we can't go on PW next time b/c my younger dd is too short still, the CM made us stay on it three times and thought it was funny! Your girls are so cute.

January-2007
08-24-2007, 11:02 AM
We also looked around for some Crocs for me but there were none to be found..........
The only Crocs I could find in my size were the color I already have so I ended up with a pair of flip-flops that missed the spot with the blister. And of course, right after that we found red Crocs in my size but I wouldn't buy them because I already had spent money on those flip-flops!

Oh my gosh, isn't that always how things work out sometimes? That's so funny about the mother and daughter you kept running into. Thanks for the trip report, sounds like a very long day!

Beach Club Babe
08-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Sounds like a great day! We were also at the MK when you were there!

Lizzie
08-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the report. That weird about the Finding Nemo show. I hope to see it on our next trip.

gauvin4
08-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the report. Sorry about the blister, but it sounds like you had a great day anyway. :thumbsup:

faline
08-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Other than the blister, you had a long and wonderful day! I've yet to see the Animal Kingdom parade! Maybe next trip?!

dolphinmickey9170
08-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Sorry about your blister. We haven't watched the parade either, so who knows what I'm missing. Can't wait to keep reading.

aprilisis
08-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Sounds like a great day! I am looking forward to reading about the next one!:mickey:

Bethis26fan
08-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Sounds like another great day.

shan-ash
08-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Sorry about your feet!! Isn't it funny how you keep running into the same family you first meet them, especially in a grocery store?:funny:

DestinationWDW
08-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Sounds like a fun day! Your girls are pretty! As many times as we've been, we've never seen the parade, Flights of Wonder or Pocohontas!:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
08-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Sorry that a blister is already in full swing so early in the trip. That is no fun. But the rest of your day sure sounded great! Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

pogo
08-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Another great day, but it sounds like you are getting tired. I hope you had a good sleep. :D

DizNee143
08-29-2007, 03:28 PM
sounds like a nice lon day at AK and then MK...sorry about your whole shoe problem...you guys really did manage to do alot again today...:mickey:

ElenitaB
09-02-2007, 06:09 PM
A day of firsts! Sounds like it was a lot of fun (except for the blister), even though not all the firsts were well received. At that age though, what they like one year changes radically by the next year! ;)

CanadianWDWFan
09-03-2007, 08:39 AM
Thanks for sharing your day, blisters and all!:D It sure was a day of firsts!

I am with you on Kali! I hate getting wet. I did it once and that was enough. I had to buy new clothes, I was so wet!

Caroleh
09-03-2007, 09:26 AM
Sounds like another great day, except for the blisters.

I also agree with you on Kali..My DH and I got so soaked that it took almost all day to dry off. Needless to say, it isn't on our plans for the next trip.

magicman
09-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Have you ever noticed that the people on Kali who DON'T want to get wet get the wettest?

Another great report. Thanks for filling us in.

WDW Dreamer
09-03-2007, 05:01 PM
CoP is one of my fav's too! Can't wait to read more about your trip! :thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
09-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Short of the darn blister it sounds like a great day! I think that you could get a little more done in a day though!:D That's my kind of day in WDW go till your ready to drop!:thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
09-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Your day sounded great. You DD's are beautiful.:mickey:

KylesMom
09-06-2007, 03:42 PM
After the heat of AK, I can't believe you returned to the MK. It usually wipes us out by early afternoon!

Hopefully your blister woes will not continue throughout your whole trip! :( Looking forward to Day 3! :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
09-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.