PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: China

Melanie
08-24-2007, 09:01 AM
Season premieres Thursday, September 20. :search:

The cast bios (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor15/) are up on CBS.com.

Go Leslie! "Hometown" girl - graduated from Kubasaki High, about 1/4 mile from my house here on Okinawa. OohRah!

disneydrmr
08-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Yeah! I can't wait! And it looks like a pretty diverse cast again...

Carol
08-24-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm ready. :joy:

Survivor remains one of my reality TV favorites - right behind The Amazing Race. I haven't missed a episode of either show.

It looks like they mixed in some "real' folk among the 'fluff' this season. :tikki:

bleukarma
08-24-2007, 11:12 AM
With Survivor I skip around. I've probably seen a handful of the season, including the first one, but I haven't seen them all. But I think I'm going to watch Survivor China! Looks interesting!
And I love Jeff Probst!!! He's the reason I eventually come back again! :mickey:

NotaGeek
08-24-2007, 12:28 PM
I haven't watched Survivor since I watched about 1/2 of the original season. It's just too long and drawn out for me. I might just watch this one since they are in China.

Nascfan
08-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Wahoo! I'm ready for another season. I'm glad they took it back down to 16 to start too. With 18 it seemed like it took half the season to even remember some of the names, let alone get a feel for the people.

bleukarma
08-24-2007, 01:45 PM
From looking at the bios, it looks like Todd has worked at our favorite theme park! Or...he could've worked at that other one. Either way, he lived in Orlando and has worked at "a major theme park".
:mickey:

Christine
08-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Can't wait!!!

fig's disney
08-24-2007, 02:50 PM
I'll also say go Leslie!!!!

She is one of our local talk show hosts on Charlotte's Christian Music statioin 91.9!!!!

She isn't allowed to return until after the show is over, but i think it's really neat all in all.

offwego
08-24-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm looking forward to this one. the last one was kinda blah so I'm holding out some hope for this one based on all the different backgrounds.

2Epcot
08-24-2007, 04:51 PM
I will also probably watch this editon of Survivor only because it is in China. I watched the first few seasons of the show, but stopped watching it after The Amazing Race started. I find Race a much more entertaining reality show. I can't remember the last full sesason of Survivor I've watched, but this one seems like it will be interesting.

MNNHFLTX
08-25-2007, 11:33 AM
My interest in the show has been re-sparked, hearing that it's going to be in China. An interesting group of people, although I think California is a bit over-represented. Off-hand I'd have to say that I am favoring Sherea, as she went to my son's favorite university (Florida State) and Denise and Chicken--because who could not like the School Lunch Lady and a guy named Chicken? ;)

grego77
08-26-2007, 07:00 AM
My Disney Dollars are on the lunch lady...plus she's from MA so obviously she'll either be out first (Peter S4) or win (Ethan S3)...:cool:

TTAtravler
08-26-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm ready. :joy:

Survivor remains one of my reality TV favorites - right behind The Amazing Race. I haven't missed a episode of either show.

It looks like they mixed in some "real' folk among the 'fluff' this season. :tikki:

What PolyGirl40 said! Ditto on everything.;)

Momof2boys
08-28-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm also ready for this Season !

Right off the bat I'll root for Erik (because he's from Nashville) and Amanda (because I love her name ;) )

ChipnDaleGal
08-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Survivor is still one of my all time favorites too, so I am really looking forward to the setting this year. :thumbsup:

Ian
08-28-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm really excited! Survivor is my favorite reality show and the fact that it's in China this year makes it even more interesting for me.

This case looks pretty diverse ... I like that. I'm tired of the Big Brother "eye candy" approach to casting.

Jeremy
09-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Woot!! new survivor next Thursday the 20th
8 pm est. time
So who else going to wacth it?
I have my DVR set and ready to go YAY!!:thumbsup:

I Hope it will be a good one, last season seem kind of slow, or was it me?:confused:

anywho,
Whats your input?

:)

SBETigg
09-14-2007, 11:03 AM
I love Survivor and I'm always excited for a new season. The cast doesn't look very exciting to me yet, but I'm hoping it's a good season. Looks like they are back to two teams of 8, which is good news at least if that's how it works out. There are 16 castaways, so I'm making assumptions.

CubsWest
09-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Another colossal waste of valuable broadcast time... lol!

Tinkerfreak
09-14-2007, 01:43 PM
I always watch this. I agree last season did seem to get a little slower than I remember it being. I agree the new cast does not look very exciting but I'm hoping for some surprises. They definately need to add some new twists to the game because it is getting too predictable.

pixiesmimi
09-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Can't wait!:woohoo:

I've been so busy watching BB8 that I haven't read up on the new cast yet and have only seen a couple of ads. I hope it is better than last year! It was disappointing. I wonder if they have just about run their limit. I wonder last year what island they could possibly come up with this year since they have repeated a couple. I was very surprised to see they chose China. As hard as it is to get into that country, I wonder how they pulled that off.:confused:

KarenP
09-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Looking forward Survivor here. Last season was definitely not great. Hope this season's survivors are more interesting.

NLODisney
09-14-2007, 08:19 PM
I love Survivor and can't wait for this season to start. Last season got off to a slow start for me but I thought it was better at the end. I think it will be awesome being in China!

Ian
09-20-2007, 09:26 PM
So? What did everyone think?

I was highly underwhelmed. I was also sort of disappointed that Chicken was voted off first. I won't claim I warmed up to him or anything, but there were others I found far more annoying that I would have liked to see go first.

Magic Smiles
09-20-2007, 09:34 PM
I think that it is going to be interesting. Why would they vote Chicken off? He was one of the more interesting characters on that team, if not the best. Mind you I could only understand half of what he was saying. LOL!
Ashley should have been gone in a heartbeat!

pixiesmimi
09-20-2007, 10:48 PM
My thoughts exactly, Ian. I thought I had heard on the commercials that Chicken was the oldest and the one doing the most. Guess they were wrong because it sounded like he was outlasting the others. I was disappointed that he didn't step up to build the shelter since he seemed to know more than the others. They were really stupid for voting one of their strongest members out so soon. I think they may be doomed from the start unless they start stepping up. I am glad the other team won the challenge. At least they are trying to work together. I'm with you, I'm afraid Ashley would have been the first to go if I was voting.

They didn't even get to take a small bag with their essentials like they always have in the past. That would be rough. Speaking of this, why do these people, after all of these episodes, go to this first day without the proper clothes on to begin with. They looked utterly ridiculous with the clothes that they had on. And they know there is always a twist the first day where it can get real rough. I don't know about anyone else, I don't enjoy seeing some of these people in their underwear. That could be really embarrassing.

RenDuran
09-20-2007, 11:16 PM
The first few episodes of Survivor are usually pretty tame....almost worth missing, while the "castaways" get themselves aligned and figure out what their strategies are going to be.

Poor Chicken... I knew when I saw that he was the oldest person on his tribe, with a thick accent to boot, that he would be leaving really quick. Whoever casts Survivor seems to have the same formula for most every season....the old hillbilly, one or two older women, and all the good-looking young people!

I missed the first ten minutes, so I don't know how the tribes first got to their camps, but nothing looked too different, otherwise, considering they were in the middle of China and not on some deserted beach.

2Epcot
09-21-2007, 12:22 AM
why do these people, after all of these episodes, go to this first day without the proper clothes on to begin with. They looked utterly ridiculous with the clothes that they had on.

I agree, by now people should know to be in the proper clothing on the very first day. Though they have fooled the contestants in the past by saying they were just getting together for a pre-orientation, and then it turned out to be the first day of the Survivor. Overall I thought the show was OK. I'm not as big of fan of Survivor as I used to be, but the China element is keeping me interested for now.

NotaGeek
09-21-2007, 12:47 AM
Oh great. TiVo disaster. No Survivor. UGH.

Christine
09-21-2007, 01:41 AM

Don't sweat it...for the most part, it was :bored: .
I don't think it really gets good until about episode 3 or 4...once you really get to know them better!

SBETigg
09-21-2007, 07:15 AM
I connected with the show better from the start this time than I had in the past few seasons. I love that they abandoned the whole Exile Island/extra immunity idol premise. I love that they divided into two teams of eight.

Some people I liked from the start:
James, Frosti, Todd, Ashley, Denise.
Some people I really disliked:
Leslie, Jean-Robert, Peih-Gee, Courtney, Dave.

I was fine with voting off Chicken. He did himself in when he wouldn't express an opinion after starting out acting like he knew a good way to make a shelter. I think he was working too hard to project a simple farmer image that may not be who he really is and people saw through it, or were suspicious of it.

ChipnDaleGal
09-21-2007, 08:15 AM
I love Survivor, but it always takes a few episodes for me to get names down and start to pick favorites. Just on first impressions, I liked the surf instructor and the flight attendant. The only one I instantly disliked was the bleached blond waitress. She had a terrible attitude. And I don't think I like the wrestler either. The thing I enjoyed most about that show last night was the beautiful scenery.

Melanie
09-21-2007, 08:24 AM
First impressions:

I like James and Todd.

I don't like Ashley, Courtney or Sherea. Sherea was complaining before they even got into their camp properly. Those heels. Ugh!

Okay, I'm wanting to like Leslie, but I was really thrown by something she said at the beginning after she walked out on the Buddist welcome. Didn't she say she wasn't religious, or was I hearing things? She's a Christian radio talk show host. :confused:

The locale is beautiful and interesting. I really hope we can get to China in the next few years. I liked the tribal council area. Is this the first time it's ever been under cover? I just think back to all the previous seasons when they would occassionally be dealing with rain during tribal council.

medic9016
09-21-2007, 08:39 AM
Sorry Mel, I did not watch,had to watch the A&M (Go Horns)beat down. I like to start watching a few episodes before the merger. It seems the whole show is drawn out. I know it about ratings but they could cut out a few weeks.

Melanie
09-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Sorry Mel, I did not watch,had to watch the A&M (Go Horns)beat down.

Yikes, that was UGLY! :shake:

Yes, it does take a few episodes for me to get into it as well. I do have to say though, I was upset with Chicken going tonight. At least he was interesting.

ChipnDaleGal
09-21-2007, 08:49 AM
I had to go look at the CBS site to get the name I needed. I was super impressed by James! He looks like a younger version of Michael Clark Duncan - what a physique!! He was just so likeable when he was saying how uncomfortable he was going to be with all the gameplay stuff. He seems like a shy, gentle giant. I hope they don't try to boot him off early out of fear of his strength.

KarenP
09-21-2007, 08:53 AM
It always amazes me what some of these people wear. Dresses and heels for Pete's sake! :shrug: Like they are going to a tea party instead of into the rainforest.

I was very surprised they voted Chicken out first. There were quite a few weaker players I was hoping to see go instead of him.

Melanie
09-21-2007, 09:01 AM
He looks like a younger version of Michael Clark Duncan - what a physique!!

I can see that to an extent, but I think he looks like Seal, but better!

I like him. I hope he goes far!

Christine
09-21-2007, 09:05 AM
I had to go look at the CBS site to get the name I needed. I was super impressed by James-what a physique!! He was just so likeable when he was saying how uncomfortable he was going to be with all the gameplay stuff. He seems like a shy, gentle giant. I hope they don't try to boot him off early out of fear of his strength.

Holy Smokes! :whew: :faint: I don't think I've ever seen such a statuesque man! And I totally agree...the way he was shyly talking to the Christian radio host...I think he's precious AND genuine! And he's about the ONLY one that I don't mind seeing running around in his underwear!!! ;)

Ian
09-21-2007, 09:22 AM
The only one I instantly disliked was the bleached blond waitress. She had a terrible attitude. And I don't think I like the wrestler either. The thing I enjoyed most about that show last night was the beautiful scenery.I agree on all counts. That waitress from "New York" (I know she's from New York because she mentioned it like a dozen times :rolleyes: ) was so rude early on. I hope she goes fast.

The wrestler lost me the minute I saw that ridiculous outfit she was wearing. Who shows up for Survivor in those stupid boots??

First impressions:

I like James and Todd.

I don't like Ashley, Courtney or Sherea. Sherea was complaining before they even got into their camp properly. Those heels. Ugh!

Okay, I'm wanting to like Leslie, but I was really thrown by something she said at the beginning after she walked out on the Buddist welcome. Didn't she say she wasn't religious, or was I hearing things? She's a Christian radio talk show host. :confused:

The locale is beautiful and interesting. I really hope we can get to China in the next few years. I liked the tribal council area. Is this the first time it's ever been under cover? I just think back to all the previous seasons when they would occassionally be dealing with rain during tribal council.Anyone besides me think, "Epcot!" the minute they saw the tribal council spot? Looks like Nine Dragons. ;)

I heard the same thing from Leslie ... she said she wasn't religious. I wonder if she's trying to throw people off, so she doesn't alienate anyone? Also, she might not want people to know she's a radio personality, because they might assume she's wealthy

I agree about James ... he's my favorite so far. As soon as I saw him, I said to Trish, "He looks like Michael Clarke Duncan!"

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
09-21-2007, 09:28 AM
I thought it was a little odd that the challenge winners got fire as a reward and then they gave the losing team fire after the tribal council was over.

I was also sort of disappointed that Chicken was voted off first. I won't claim I warmed up to him or anything, but there were others I found far more annoying that I would have liked to see go first.

ITA, there were others that should have been sent home before Chicken. I understand that PG was irked that he wouldn't give his opinion, but he gave his opinion when they first began and it was disregarded.

The only one I instantly disliked was the bleached blond waitress. She had a terrible attitude.

OMG! I wish she could have been voted off! I don't get her attitude. Just because she is from NYC, she can't deal with positive people?? What? there are no happy, pleasant people who live in big cities :confused: What a nut :ack: I can't wait until she blows up in camp.

disneydrmr
09-21-2007, 09:51 AM
I think this is gonna be a pretty good season! Such beautiful scenery! I was disappointed that they voted off Chicken.. I really think he would've been an interesting character to get to know.. he put me in mind of Tom from the Africa season. My first impression favorite is James.. as others have said.. he comes across as sweet and sincere and genuine...

As I Christian I think I can help here... what she meant was.. many Christians don't see themselves as "Religious" as in, feeling more that it's about going to church and practicing all the church rituals. For many Christians it's about having a 'relationship' with Jesus.. and she did say that right after saying she wasn't religious. It's hard to explain if your haven't been around it or are in it... but it's more about Jesus and the way we relate to Him then about 'good works' or 'going to church or Sunday School."... I personally was VERY impressed with her when she walked out, not knowing if that would be the end of the show for her.. I actually told my husband I never would've even walked in... I don't want to get into a Christian 'debate' or discussion on this or any other thread as I know how heated they can become.. but if anyone is left confused or wants help understanding where Leslie was coming from in walking out.. feel free to pm me...

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
09-21-2007, 10:28 AM
I think this is gonna I was disappointed that they voted off Chicken.. I really think he would've been an interesting character to get to know.. he put me in mind of Tom from the Africa season.

They are from pretty much the same area, not very far from me ;)

Scar
09-21-2007, 10:33 AM
I say this every year… The first episode should be either two hours, or two episodes with no immunity challenge or tribal council in the first hour. Forty - five minutes, less commercial time, just isn’t enough to get to know the cast.

Why didn’t Leslie just pray to Jesus during the ceremony? :confused:

Carol
09-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Just because she is from NYC, she can't deal with positive people??I don't think that is what she meant. She was talking about all the fake praising for every single little thing.

Who knows - but I didn't like her either and I am a New Yorker. :thumbsup:

I knew Chicken was doomed when they focused on him at tribal council. I liked the episode. The scenery was gorgeous and it's always nice to see Jeff. :D

thrillme
09-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Really bummed they voted off Chicken. He would have been a good character through the season.

He did himself in. He came on strong and pretty much putting himself above everybody else and I think he probably really knew what he was doing. They dissed him and he backed off not wanting to take lead. The problem came when the ASKED for his advice and he sorta blew them off with a "whatever you wanna do"...I really would have been fine with the other two girls going first. I really had some hopes for Pei-Gee but she needs to behave a little nicer. Wrestler Girl needs to be very careful. I understand sick but...there are times when you just can't afford to be.

On the OTHER tribe. I felt like slapping Courtney. She was so RUDE in the temple (flipping her hands around etc) and if she rolls her eyes at somebody one more time :mad: I feel like I'm going to have to jump through the TV and teach her a thing or two about MANNERS. :flame: I wish I could tell people of China we're not all that RUDE.

I can understand Leslie's issue (sorta) about the religion thing...but I think she was in another country she KNEW she was going to have partake in some "traditions" of that country. It was NOT a religious ceremony it was a "welcome" in their tradition it was not polite on her part...but I can forgive her rudeness a little more than Courtney's because she felt she was betraying her beliefs and it probably wouldn't look good to her "listeners" back home so she had to be "careful" if she wants to be employed when she gets back. I still don't think it was the right thing to do...but...it's done. "When in Rome...do as the Romans do..."

Now for the LAST comment...am I wayyyy off or did anyone else find it a little odd that all the fellas were wearing very "nice" boxers or biking type "unmentionables" instead of the plain white "fruit of the looms"??? I can't tell you what the ladies were wearing...I don't remember...:blush: If this were a big surprise that they weren't going to get any of their "stuff" they were certianly prepared...I guess they can thank their Mom's for that.

Momof2boys
09-21-2007, 03:18 PM
The scenery was gorgeous and it's always nice to see Jeff. :D

:exactly:

Too bad Jeff couldn't host Amazing Race during his "off" season.

disneydrmr
09-21-2007, 03:18 PM
I can understand Leslie's issue (sorta) about the religion thing...but I think she was in another country she KNEW she was going to have partake in some "traditions" of that country. It was NOT a religious ceremony it was a "welcome" in their tradition it was not polite on her part...but I can forgive her rudeness a little more than Courtney's because she felt she was betraying her beliefs and it probably wouldn't look good to her "listeners" back home so she had to be "careful" if she wants to be employed when she gets back. I still don't think it was the right thing to do...but...it's done. "When in Rome...do as the Romans do..."

Without starting a debate... please take this as my offering a christian point of view here... Jeff 'said' it wasn't a worship/religious ceremony.. BUT... they were bowing to Buddha, which is their god... to expect anyone (especially a Christian) to bow down in front of your god does (in my book) make it a form of worship, and it is something that Christians are not suppossed to do. It was not rude of her to walk out... she was unable to do what they were wanting them to do (you saw the way the one guy was slapping at Courtney to get her to mimic what he was doing) so by leaving the temple she prevented a scene of having to refuse to do what they wanted her to do (and to me causing a scene IN the temple by refusing to do something would've been more rude than walking out). China is not really known for it's tolerance of Christianity so it was a touchy situation and I believe she handled it the best way she knew how and I do not in anyway think it had to do with her job, but more to do with the fact that she is a Christian who knows that God does not allow for us to bow before other gods...

Again, I am in NO WAY at all trying to start a debate or issue or problem here and mods.. if you feel that is where this post could lead then by all means delete it.. I'm just trying to help everyone understand where Leslie was coming from so no one knocks her for what she did. It's along the lines of Kimmy in Australia being a vegitarian and refusing to eat the cow brains (I think that is what it was) at the food wheel challenge...Survivor is about survivial, being a team mate, etc.. but if you sacrafice and bend your morals and beliefs, are you truly a 'survivor'?

Melanie
09-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Too bad Jeff couldn't host Amazing Race during his "off" season.

Oh no! Let's keep Jeff on Survivor and Phil on Amazing Race!

thrillme
09-21-2007, 04:24 PM
I'll take Jeff on EVERYTHING...his dimples are cute:blush:

ChipnDaleGal
09-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Oh no! Let's keep Jeff on Survivor and Phil on Amazing Race!

My thoughts too, Mel!! Phil needs to be waiting at the pit stops!!

SBETigg
09-21-2007, 04:49 PM
Now for the LAST comment...am I wayyyy off or did anyone else find it a little odd that all the fellas were wearing very "nice" boxers or biking type "unmentionables" instead of the plain white "fruit of the looms"??? I can't tell you what the ladies were wearing...I don't remember...:blush: If this were a big surprise that they weren't going to get any of their "stuff" they were certianly prepared...I guess they can thank their Mom's for that.

I thought that was pretty normal. Not too many guys wear the tighty whiteys anymore. The plain white Fruit of the Looms are out of fashion.

Be prepared if you're the mom of a boy and he's headed to middle school gym class-- he's going to want boxers if he isn't already in them.

TiggeRia
09-21-2007, 04:51 PM

I had a TiVo disaster as well! :( I was so disappointed last night when I went to watch it at 11:00 and saw that it had recorded the wrong show! :(

pixiesmimi
09-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Without starting a debate... please take this as my offering a christian point of view here... Jeff 'said' it wasn't a worship/religious ceremony.. BUT... they were bowing to Buddha, which is their god... to expect anyone (especially a Christian) to bow down in front of your god does (in my book) make it a form of worship, and it is something that Christians are not suppossed to do. It was not rude of her to walk out... she was unable to do what they were wanting them to do (you saw the way the one guy was slapping at Courtney to get her to mimic what he was doing) so by leaving the temple she prevented a scene of having to refuse to do what they wanted her to do (and to me causing a scene IN the temple by refusing to do something would've been more rude than walking out). China is not really known for it's tolerance of Christianity so it was a touchy situation and I believe she handled it the best way she knew how and I do not in anyway think it had to do with her job, but more to do with the fact that she is a Christian who knows that God does not allow for us to bow before other gods...

Again, I am in NO WAY at all trying to start a debate or issue or problem here and mods.. if you feel that is where this post could lead then by all means delete it.. I'm just trying to help everyone understand where Leslie was coming from so no one knocks her for what she did. It's along the lines of Kimmy in Australia being a vegitarian and refusing to eat the cow brains (I think that is what it was) at the food wheel challenge...Survivor is about survivial, being a team mate, etc.. but if you sacrafice and bend your morals and beliefs, are you truly a 'survivor'?

I agree with you and thought exactly the same thing when that happened last night. I applauded her for holding to her beliefs. I don't want to start a controversal thread but I would have done the same thing. It may not have seemed like a religious ceremony to Jeff and the others but if you are a Christian, that was exactly what it was. You don't bow to other gods no matter what kind of ceremony it was. I was afraid Jeff would boot her off the program for it but I think he would have really opened a keg of worms if he had. I had the same problems with this when we were in Korea and Hong Kong and went to temples sight -seeing. I felt really strange even going into the temples and didn't go into very many. I certainly wouldn't have bowed. I don't want to offend anyone but I think her feelings should be respected as well as everyone else's. The blond was just rude with her actions. This is one of the reasons the Chinese don't like American's, because they see them as rude. I was kind of surprised that they were allowed to have this whole thing at this location. They are pretty strict with protecting their customs from foreigners. I wonder how Jeff got permission for all of this when it is so hard just to get into this country.

To me the blond from NY seemed like she detested everyone from the beginning. It will be interesting to see how she gets along with everyone the next few weeks and how long she lasts.

BrowncatP
09-21-2007, 10:05 PM
After hearing the thin blond speak once, I said to myself, "She has Got to Go!" Sorry to see Chicken go, he was entertaining.

Melanie
09-23-2007, 03:49 AM
After talking with a friend of mine yesterday about the Leslie situation, I now have a better perspective on it. Thanks for the explanation, disneydrmr.

I thought it was a little odd that the challenge winners got fire as a reward and then they gave the losing team fire after the tribal council was over.

Definitely odd. Wonder why they aren't making them earn it this go round?

TooGoofy
09-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Definitely odd. Wonder why they aren't making them earn it this go round?

From what I've heard, it's because the living conditions are so harsh where they are. They gave them rice, because if they didn't they were afraid that the contestants would starve. And of course, you need the fire to make rice.

Here we go again...
09-27-2007, 03:19 AM
I have a question...
How far out is Survivor taped? For instance, what we watch tonight, how long ago do you think it really happened? Since this could be considered a spoiler, I am typing it in white.
:spoiler:

This is why I ask... A friend went to a wedding this weekend and guess who their bartender was? JAMES! They said he was very small, lost most of his muscle and was not allowed to talk about the show.
On another note, did anyone see the clip Ellen played over and over of Chicken getting voted off? It was pretty funny.

TTAtravler
09-27-2007, 11:33 AM
O.K. first things first. TIVO has changed my life!

I may be the only one who has said it, Chicken was voted off because he basically didn't play the game well. He was trying to be neutral and not having an opinion, trying not to be bossy and it back-fired on him. Sorry he had to go. I don't like that team as a whole especially the wrestler girl. I wouldn't care if they all got picked off one at a time.

I love the grave digger! James I think is his name. I am from the same home town. I hope he will get some wisdom though. He is strong physically and that could hurt him. He needs to form some alliances.

I am also going to keep my eye on the Lunch Lady. I like her humble attitude and appreciation for the experience.

It is going to be a great season.:number1:

DizneyRox
09-27-2007, 12:15 PM
I have a question...
How far out is Survivor taped? For instance, what we watch tonight, how long ago do you think it really happened? Since this could be considered a spoiler, I am typing it in white.
:spoiler:

This is why I ask... A friend went to a wedding this weekend and guess who their bartender was? JAMES! They said he was very small, lost most of his muscle and was not allowed to talk about the show.
On another note, did anyone see the clip Ellen played over and over of Chicken getting voted off? It was pretty funny.
What we are seeing now is months old. The finale is still live, and the contestants would only possibly know who the finalists are. Contestants know not to talk, the contract they have with CBS states they lose thier winnings (whatever they are) AND will be sued for damages. So, seeing a contestant IRL means nothing. I think they have to return to real life in order to keep the secret at least until the show they are voted off in airs.

Mousefever
09-28-2007, 01:07 AM
I'm not sad to see wrestler lady go, but Dave was almost as annoying as she was. The way they were constantly sniping at each other got old very quickly.

Honestly, I'm not a prude, but do we have to see so much skin in these challenges? I thought that everyone's whole bodies would be a censored blur by the end of it, except Leslie's of course.

:dory:

Christine
09-28-2007, 01:10 AM
Honestly, I'm not a prude, but do we have to see so much skin in these challenges? I thought that everyone's whole bodies would be a censored blur by the end of it, except Leslie's of course.

No, I understand. I'm getting a bit uncomfortable letting my 7 year old daughter watch everyone hanging out in their underwear and bras and panties too. Then they start pulling each other's clothes down...:shake:

I understand how you feel. And if that makes you a prude, then I guess I'm one too! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-28-2007, 06:31 AM
Ashley fell victim to thinking she was standing up for what everyone else wanted, too, and that made her an easy target. I don't like Dave, either, but it was pretty easy to see that the team needs direction and they're not ready to get rid of Dave quite yet, so Ashley was the next best choice. Dave is so condescending, though. I'm glad I don't have to look at Ashley's lip ring fangs anymore. Nothing against piercings, but that was just unattractive.

And I also don't like it when they leave them out there with just the clothes on their backs. Watching them do messy challenges in underwear feels skanky.

ChipnDaleGal
09-28-2007, 07:17 AM
If I had been a voting member of that tribe I would have wanted to vote out Dave. He is a jerk. He isn't being a leader, he is being a bully. And I actually think most of his team thinks that too, but in the end they had to keep him for his muscle. I was not a fan of Ashley's but she made honest points at tribal about Dave. I don't enjoy watching arrogant people, so I hope Dave lightens up or gets the boot soon.

KarenP
09-28-2007, 10:34 AM
I just told my kids last night while we were watching I am so sick of seeing these people in their underwear! Didn't any of them bring bathing suits??? :shrug:

bleukarma
09-28-2007, 10:52 AM
I’m a little behind on posting so I’m going to backtrack a little… Re: episode 1: I’m kind of glad Chicken got voted off. He had skills and he wasn’t willing to use them just because his feelings got hurt when he offered his opinion and nobody listened. He was the oldest guy so he wasn’t really an asset when it came to challenges. When he stopped helping with shelter and fire then he because a liability and had to go. However thinking back of him yelling what he did when he got voted off has kept me laughing for the past week!

In last nights episode, I think they made a poor mistake voting off Ashley if it was a toss-up between Ashley and Dave. No matter what you think of Ashley she is still a strong person, probably one of the strongest on the show because of her profession. They could’ve used her when it came to challenges. Dave was the weakest in last nights immunity challenge and had to be helped. He is a horrible leader because he preaches to them and does what he wants to do. When someone (like Ashley) disagrees with him then he talks in circles, preaches to them about how the world works, and does what he wants anyway. All Ashley did was express everybody else’s opinion on how they should be cooking rice and she got on the chopping block for it. With that being said, her boots looked ridiculous.

The waiter from NYC has GOT to go!!! She acts like she’s the coolest thing that has ever happened to NYC or China. From watching episode 2 it seems like she’s going to fly under the radar. If she wins, I will be SO mad! I am with everyone else and I like James!

Leslie telling that one guy (is his name Todd?) about the immunity idol wasn’t a very good decision. Especially since it seems like Todd(??) is out to really play the game. I think we are going to see some interesting things come from him! I’m picturing another Robfather.:secret:

I agree with the underwear. The show was starting to take an x-rated twist yesterday! :blush: I wish they would give those poor people some proper clothes! They need to have a reward challenge where they get their stuff back!

TheDuckRocks
09-28-2007, 10:52 AM
What a lot of annoying people are in this group!
I don't consider myself a prude by any means.....BUT this undies stuff is getting to be to much. Allowing people to pull off the clothes of others and getting so physically violent with each other is just not right. I would think that the producers would put an end to these things before someone gets seriously hurt and there ends up being law suits.

Ian
09-28-2007, 11:18 AM
I just told my kids last night while we were watching I am so sick of seeing these people in their underwear! Didn't any of them bring bathing suits??? :shrug:Yeah, that's getting really annoying and, honestly, kinda nasty since I don't really want to see any of these people in their underwear.

The one I found really bad was Ashley. She was wondering around in some very skimpy panties and it was really not appropriate for this show, IMO. And the challenge was ridiculous ... any more blurry spots and you wouldn't have been able to tell what was going on. They need to get these people some clothes.

If I had been a voting member of that tribe I would have wanted to vote out Dave. He is a jerk. He isn't being a leader, he is being a bully.Agreed. He's a horrid leader and I can almost guarantee they'll get sick of him and he'll go soon. You can't be that obnoxious and continue to masquerade as a leader for long.

disneydrmr
09-28-2007, 04:00 PM

No, I understand. I'm getting a bit uncomfortable letting my 7 year old daughter watch everyone hanging out in their underwear and bras and panties too. Then they start pulling each other's clothes down...:shake:

I understand how you feel. And if that makes you a prude, then I guess I'm one too!

Yeah, that's getting really annoying and, honestly, kinda nasty since I don't really want to see any of these people in their underwear.

The one I found really bad was Ashley. She was wondering around in some very skimpy panties and it was really not appropriate for this show, IMO. And the challenge was ridiculous ... any more blurry spots and you wouldn't have been able to tell what was going on. They need to get these people some clothes.

Add me to the list of fed up with seeing all this skimpy underwear... You know.. Janet J got in trouble for her "clothing malfunction".. so what's the difference here? Why isn't Survivor being fined? Her's was an 'accident' if you will, while the Survivor's are purposely and knowingly showing all their under clothing.. and alot of it leaves nothing to the imagination... call me a prude... but it is starting to look like an adult film at times...

I just don't understand how ANYONE can tell anyone about hidden immunity clues.. do these people not watch past shows? Don't they know how quickly your friends turn on you.. or how you CAN NOT trust anyone.. no matter how nice and trustworthy they seem...

mttafire
09-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Huh, I must be the opposite of a prude...I LOVED the challenge in the mud..:thumbsup: It had to be one of the most entertaining challenge yet. YES, The blurr outs are annoying a bit but...I can deal with that. Remember...Hatch took ALL of his clothes off during the first season. So, all this "non clothing" issue is not new. As for this season.. I like it. Im rooting for the poker player. For some reason i like him..Despite the fact he is painfully lazy. As for Ashley.. I have a hunch she will be back. Survivor is all about suprises and twists. It would not suprise me or disappoint me to see her return. Also, When Hatch gets out of jail....BRING HIM BACK..He is GREAT for this show.

thrillme
09-28-2007, 05:06 PM
I was tired of Ashley. I couldn't stand looking at her anymore.

Her lip piercings made her look like a "Bulldog". The only one with too skimpy undies was Ashley. She just :ack: looked icky. But then I'm not a guy...Really I don't see a huge difference if they're running around in their undies verses a bikini. MOST of them, the undies probably cover MORE.

The showing of the skin thing. EVERY Survivor from the very beginning has always showed a healthy amount of skin from the moment Richard froliced in the surf au natural.

I'm not a big fan of Dave either but...for at least one more challenge I'd rather have him around than the bare keestered "bulldog". Courtney on the other team has got to go.

I agree.. I like James and I'm developing a fondness for Amanda too. Unfortunately I think James will be at risk as soon as they merge because of his "strength". I was rather impressed with Frosti stepping up and taking over for a weakening Dave during the challenge.

TTAtravler
09-29-2007, 05:11 PM
I have said it before, I want that whole tribe to be picked off one at a time. Jaime is the best one on there but still not enough for me to pull for them.

I like the other tribe.
The little airline steward guy is sneaky but is playing well. I am still thinking the Lunch Lady is going to be the one to watch. I am a Christian and Leslie is getting on my nerves. I think she will go first. NYC blondie probably won't last too long simply because she is skin and bones and it is only 3 days into it. I love James but I don't think he is cunning enough to last.

2Epcot
10-01-2007, 12:06 AM
I don't like Dave, either, but it was pretty easy to see that the team needs direction and they're not ready to get rid of Dave quite yet, so Ashley was the next best choice. Dave is so condescending, though. I'm glad I don't have to look at Ashley's lip ring fangs anymore. Nothing against piercings, but that was just unattractive.

I had also grown tired of looking at Ashley's fangs (I personally can't stand piercings), but I think I would have rather had her stay then Dave. I'll give him credit for stepping up to be a leader, but he certainly isn't a great one.

Ian
10-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Blech. What a mess these people are. Another episode laden with nasty people running around in their undies.

I'm not likin' this season at all so far. :ack:

mttafire
10-04-2007, 09:42 PM
I actually like this season alot. It will be interesting to see how far Courtney gets. She seems (IS) pretty much useless. Overall i give this season a (B). I still like Jean Robert. There is something about brutal honesty that i admire. Anyways, On the other tribe its anyones game till the merge.

TheDuckRocks
10-05-2007, 06:09 AM
Blech. What a mess these people are. Another episode laden with nasty people running around in their undies.

:ditto:
This just may be the first season ever that I don't watch all the way to the end.

ChipnDaleGal
10-05-2007, 07:36 AM
I know that these are all just people and will have their good and bad moments, but it is hard for me to like James as much as I did after his disgusting bonding with Jean Robert. Seems like they are designing challenges this year to let the tribes beat up on each other for our "enjoyment". I can not understand why they wouldn't have all wanted to vote that skeletal waitress out. She singlehandedly lost them that challenge. Where can she physically go but downhill?

Ian
10-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Was that the most pathetic performance you've ever seen in a challenge or what?? She just stood there feebly hacking with that machete and she just had no power at all behind her swings. Sad ...

And yeah, I thought I liked James, but after that mess with Jean-Robert (who I knew I disliked on day 1) he's off my list.

I don't know ... there's something about this season so far that just feels very cheap. Like they've decided to go for the lowest common denominator in terms of entertainment. Pro-wrestling style challenges ... people running around barely dressed ... men making demeaning and vulgar comments about women ...

I always somehow felt that Survivor managed to stay above that. For the most part ...

bleukarma
10-05-2007, 08:08 AM
I know that these are all just people and will have their good and bad moments, but it is hard for me to like James as much as I did after his disgusting bonding with Jean Robert. Seems like they are designing challenges this year to let the tribes beat up on each other for our "enjoyment". I can not understand why they wouldn't have all wanted to vote that skeletal waitress out. She singlehandedly lost them that challenge. Where can she physically go but downhill?

Agree! Although I was kind of pulling for Jean Robert to get voted off. He's just a discusting guy. But Courtney is SO thin!!! It's almost like she needs to go home for her health! But, I'm not entirely too upset with the vote last night. They did make a good point with Lindsey getting close to the other tribe. So, I guess now Todd is the only one on that tribe that knows the clue to the immunity idol.

Melanie
10-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Dave is DISGUSTING!!! :ack:

thrillme
10-05-2007, 09:58 AM
I don't know I'm probably the only one who really didn't care about the conversation between J. Rober and James. Was it "polite"...no...but it was a conversation they didn't think anybody was listening in...and my experience...guys talk...but then...girls talk too...they were just caught. Then again...maybe they DID know they were listening and they wanted to ruffle their feathers...knowing that logically the rest of the crew wasn't going to vote off the muscle first.

I found my self screaming at the TV at Courtney. I don't like her to begin with...she thinks James and J-Rober's conversation was rude. Flipping your hands around in the temple was rude...rolling your eyes and dogging all your tribe members is rude. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure if you don't have the strength to hack it...SAW it...I wanted her to go soooooo bad. She was worthless and I don't feel a bit sorry for her. It didn't even look like she was trying.

I thought Leslie was a sweet lady but she's got to learn there are times to open your mouth and times to keep it shut...

Getting along with the opposite tribe: $10
Getting another clue to the immunity idol: $25
Telling YOUR tribe members all about how wonderful the other tribe is: PRICELESS

WHAT WAS SHE THINKING???:confused: Oh well...

And Todd...HELLOOOOO....just how far does he think he's going to go if he keeps the "wimps" and votes off the muscle BEFORE the merge?

Dave has soooooo got to go. I'm done with him after last night. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but last night he needed to be beaten. I'm so glad James was the last man standing. :ack: I have no need for another Richard.

Ian
10-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Dave is DISGUSTING!!! :ack:Ummm yes ... I concur. Another shining moment in this season ... although admittedly it's certainly not the first time that's happened. Unfortunately. :ack: :sick: :ack:

I don't know I'm probably the only one who really didn't care about the conversation between J. Rober and James. Was it "polite"...no...but it was a conversation they didn't think anybody was listening in...and my experience...guys talk...Guys may talk, but there's a difference between "guy talk" and what those two were saying (at least, IMO).

disneydrmr
10-05-2007, 03:25 PM

This just may be the first season ever that I don't watch all the way to the end.

I said the exact same thing to my dh last night... I might give it one more chance... but my stomache was turning after watching last night... DISGUSTING all around!

I know that these are all just people and will have their good and bad moments, but it is hard for me to like James as much as I did after his disgusting bonding with Jean Robert.

I know.. James was the one I had chosen to root for... but after last night.. welllll.. I hope both he and Jean Robert (the disgusting slime) get booted pretty quick! Since this is a family friendly site I won't even tell you guys what I was telling a friend I would like to do to him.. but it involved the stuff you throw into the ocean to bait sharks, sharks and the part of Jean Robert's body that he kept refering to when talking about Courtney... :plot:

I don't know ... there's something about this season so far that just feels very cheap. Like they've decided to go for the lowest common denominator in terms of entertainment. Pro-wrestling style challenges ... people running around barely dressed ... men making demeaning and vulgar comments about women ...

I always somehow felt that Survivor managed to stay above that. For the most part ...

:ditto: Are you a mind reader Ian?

Ummm yes ... I concur. Another shining moment in this season ... although admittedly it's certainly not the first time that's happened. Unfortunately. Guys may talk, but there's a difference between "guy talk" and what those two were saying (at least, IMO).

And another great big :ditto:.... someone needs to slap those two silly! BUT... from the way it was portrayed it was mostly Jean Robert doing most of the saying.. he's just all around disgusting.. man - if they merge and Jean Robert and Dave are both still around.. UGH! :sick:

bleukarma
10-05-2007, 03:40 PM
BUT... from the way it was portrayed it was mostly Jean Robert doing most of the saying.. he's just all around disgusting.. man - if they merge and Jean Robert and Dave are both still around.. UGH! :sick:

I agree. The conversation was mostly Jean Robert saying stuff and James agreeing. I don't see James as innocent after that, but I still will give him a shot. Just the fact that he has the survival skills from Borders and no body else bothered makes me think that he deserves a shot at the million!

Now why would Dave think that fighting in the nude is a good idea?! Gross!

thrillme
10-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Now why would Dave think that fighting in the nude is a good idea?! Gross!

I think he must have thought it was going to throw their "groove" off. It was still nasty.

Right now I think the ones to watch are Amanda, Jessie (the other blonde not Courtney) and maybe the "lunch lady" on the guys side...Right now maybe Frosti. I really can't say anything about Erik...I haven't really noticed him yet.

KarenP
10-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Dave is DISGUSTING!!! :ack:

Man is he ever!!

Lacy
10-07-2007, 03:43 PM
I agree with everything that is being said here. This may be the first Survivor that I don't finish watching. Please give them some challenge clothing or at least their swim suits! At least they blurred Dave out but I thought some of the people in their underwear needed to be blurred as well.

And I'm not all that excited about any of the people except for maybe Todd. I thought Leslie was nice but she said too much so I can't disagree with their decision to vote her out. Although Courtney should have gone instead based on her challenge performance.

Plus, it is getting harder to justify watching Survivor instead of the Office. I have a TiVo so when I'm home I can watch both of them but this week I was gone and elected to TiVo Survivor instead of the Office...I think that was a mistake.

SBETigg
10-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Man, you all are killing me! I missed this week except for the tribal council. I was signing books in NJ and tuned in just in time to see Leslie get the boot (which seemed okay to me, considering what I heard, but now I am not so sure). I'll have to catch it on CBS.com and chime in afterwards. I do know that I didn't like Dave, Leslie, Jean Robert, Courtney, and Pei-gee previously, but James?. Hmm. I'll wait and see.

SBETigg
10-12-2007, 01:32 PM
What, no round of applause that bossy, obnoxious, patronizing Dave is gone? Wooo! I was pleased. But I have to say, Sherea was looking like a good candidate for the boot as well. I hate it when people don't pull their weight around camp. As if everyone else doesn't want to save their strength for challenges, too? Things need to be done.

It's so funny that they keep showing that Immunity Idol and no one has figured it out yet. :)

offwego
10-12-2007, 02:58 PM
The challenges were great but the dave/sherea thing was really annoying. And his speech at the end! Whoa....amazing what a lack of water/food and sleep does to folks.

Momof2boys
10-12-2007, 03:23 PM
He was so creepy :ack:

Glad Dave's gone :party:

bleukarma
10-12-2007, 03:40 PM
I’m glad “crazy Dave” is gone! He caused so much tension in the tribe! It seems like he was always arguing with someone. Although with the Dave/Shereah toss-up, I didn’t care who they picked. I hate it when people don’t pull their weight and sit around and watch other people do it! She’s saving her energy for the challenges?!! Obviously that “strategy” isn’t working since they lost the challenge and ended up in tribal council anyway!!! I SO wanted someone to point that out last night! Haha

It was surprising to hear Jean Robert bust out with Mandarin last night! And I have a feeling the talk between Jean Robert and James put a sour taste in James’s mouth. James was really snapping at John Robert yesterday. Maybe we should give James more credit then we did last week? Hmm…..

So…is Todd the only one that knows the clues to the immunity idol now? Well, Dave never actually knew the clues but he knew that Todd has them. Todd might be in a pretty good position. And it looked like he kind of figured it out.

disneydrmr
10-12-2007, 04:04 PM
One jerk down, one more to go! I sure hope Jean Robert is gone next week.. then maybe Survivor will be enjoyable to watch again... he gives me the creeps.. makes me sick every time he comes on screen.

I agree, I think Todd is in the best position right now. If he can figure out the idol clues...

I'm still not cheering for anyone in particular... no one is really jumping out for me...

thrillme
10-15-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm glad Dave is gone but in a sense I really would have preferred to see Shera gone. Yes Dave is annoying but he did at the very least pull his weight around camp. I probably would have said something very directly to Shera and tell her to "get off her lazy you know what and do something rather than lie around in her undies". That whole thing between her and Dave throwing out the moldy rice was ridiculous. I probably would have let him keep it and go off and try to find something better. There in a jungle. I can go hiking in a local state park and find "snacks". Surely there's food there with all those animals hanging out.

I couldn't help but chuckle when Dave went to hug James for giving him the lime and James replied to the tune of..."Wha'd I'd tell you about huggin man"....

Right now Shera and Courtney are HIGH on my list for the getting rid of...My favorites right now I'm leaning toward Amanda (of course things can change). Erik is kinda cute.

I'm not all that sure they really "benefitted" from the fishing lesson unless the "supplies" were left behind.

SBETigg
10-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Right now Shera and Courtney are HIGH on my list for the getting rid of...My favorites right now I'm leaning toward Amanda (of course things can change). Erik is kinda cute.

I'm not all that sure they really "benefitted" from the fishing lesson unless the "supplies" were left behind.

I agree- Sherea and Courtney are not favorites at all. I believe they did win supplies along with the lesson. I'm thinking they got to keep the net, but those fishing birds were amazing.

2Epcot
10-16-2007, 03:43 AM
So far I've not been very impressed with this season. I gave the show another chance because it was in China, but I'm remembering why I stopped watching Survivior after the Amazing Race started. I will keep watching for now, and hope it gets better.

KarenP
10-17-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm glad Dave is gone but in a sense I really would have preferred to see Shera gone. Yes Dave is annoying but he did at the very least pull his weight around camp. I probably would have said something very directly to Shera and tell her to "get off her lazy you know what and do something rather than lie around in her undies".

I totally agree with you. I was glad to see Dave go as he irritated me to no end, however if I were playing the game Sherea's lazy butt would be gone. I would rather keep someone who is annoying but pulls their weight over someone who does nothing but lie around in their underwear all day!

Ian
10-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Eh ... Aaron's gone ... Do I care? Not really ...

pixiesmimi
10-18-2007, 11:18 PM
I have to say, if I was voting, Jaime would go next and then P Q. That made me so mad how they threw the challenge and were laughing about it. And then laughed at James afterwards. How rude can you get? If you want to vote someone off, just vote them off. Don't act so smug and throw the challenges! Chances are they would have lost that one anyway. They always lose. I can understand why James would be so mad. If that happened to me, I would be irate that they intentionally threw it and then laughed about it. James and Aaron didn't ask to come over there. They should be glad they had two strong men to help them start winning for a change.:mad:

SBETigg
10-19-2007, 07:03 AM
I was really upset with Jaime and PG for throwing it last night, and then I took a deep breath and reminded myself it's only a TV show. :) I just hate when people throw challenges. Numbers are strength and people get caught up in being on a team.

No guarantee Sherea and Frosti aren't going to bond and be loyal with their new team. Also, if the women had won the new men over with team spirit, they might have become a tight five going all the way. It was a tremendously risky move to throw it, and the kind of move we seldom see pay off at the end. I hope it doesn't.

Jaime was so gleeful in her losing and throwing it but then PG was mean-spirited and rude to James. So I don't care who goes next but one of them would be nice. Plus, I thought I liked Erik until last night and then I just wanted to see him think for himself. UGH! Frustrating. I predict another shake up or win will save James and someone from the other side will go next. And if it's a former teammate of Pei-Ghee and Jaime, they have shown that their strategy is ridiculous because they lose numbers now no matter which team wins.

Melanie
10-19-2007, 08:21 AM
I wish they would merge at 11 and James would then be saved. It didn't look like that from the previews though. But, Jeff did warn them of how this "strategy" might come back to bite them.

I was really put off by the girls' behavior. Sherri is right - just vote them off and not be so smug and childish.

offwego
10-19-2007, 09:23 AM
And I also think the tactic of not telling Eric about the plan in advance could be dangerous, despite going along he clearly had some reservations that could come into play later.

And lets face it life at camp will be no picnic with the one who could help you with chores being beyond annoyed at your willingness to through a game and in such an arrogant manner as well. Do they forget that tossing something away will be filmed or does it just not matter how they will be looked at after the show?

thrillme
10-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Does BAMBOOZLED fall into place here.

I was so annoyed at them for throwing the challenge. I was really hoping that Jeff was going to give immunity to James and Aaron as newcommers at the last minute to really stir things up. I really hate it when they throw a challenge but to throw it and giggle like teenagers was just rude. The look on James's face when they voted out Aaron was priceless. He really thought it was going to be him Aaron even voted against him...

PeGee is quite a little strategist. They'd better watch her carefully.

SBETigg
10-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Does BAMBOOZLED fall into place here.

I was so annoyed at them for throwing the challenge. I was really hoping that Jeff was going to give immunity to James and Aaron as newcommers at the last minute to really stir things up. I really hate it when they throw a challenge but to throw it and giggle like teenagers was just rude. The look on James's face when they voted out Aaron was priceless. He really thought it was going to be him Aaron even voted against him...

PeGee is quite a little strategist. They'd better watch her carefully.

Yes, I was hoping they would put people back in their original tribes at the end! Wouldn't that have been a twist? After they all assumed they were permanently moved and gossiped about teammates to get switched back? I wanted Jeff to spring another twist on them at tribal council, but no. And good for James for not voting for Aaron.

Ian
10-19-2007, 10:41 AM
I was really put off by the girls' behavior. Sherri is right - just vote them off and not be so smug and childish.:ditto:

The only good thing is that I can't think of a single time when this strategy has worked and I'm quite sure the last laugh will ultimately be on them.

KarenP
10-19-2007, 01:11 PM
I was really hoping that Jeff was going to give immunity to James and Aaron as newcommers at the last minute to really stir things up.

I was hoping he would give them immunity too. This twist ensured that a stong player went home and that irritates me. I hated that the girls threw the challenge. They were smug and childish. I hope one of them goes next.

bleukarma
10-19-2007, 01:18 PM
I was kind of hoping that Aaron would talk Eric into voting one of the girls off (probably PG since Eric has a crush on Jaime). Jaime and Eric think that they can last till the end. It's happened before, but Eric is no Rob. He needs to learn to think for himself first.

thrillme
10-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Oh I forgot one thing...can I say

HOORAYYYY FOR SWIMSUITS!!!

I "think" they got them when the tribes switched tribemates but for some reason I think I blinked and didn't click till I saw Denise in her suit.

KarenP
10-19-2007, 02:01 PM

I "think" they got them when the tribes switched tribemates but for some reason I think I blinked and didn't click till I saw Denise in her suit.

Let's just hope they have ones with plenty of coverage, most especially for Jean-Robert and Sherea. I am tired of seeing these two with it all hanging out!

offwego
10-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Let's just hope they have ones with plenty of coverage, most especially for Jean-Robert and Sherea. I am tired of seeing these two with it all hanging out!

Oh my word yes! I mean ok with mucky but this is just not even close to that. Who wants to watch ratty underwear when it looks like this already?

2Epcot
10-21-2007, 12:26 AM
I have to say, if I was voting, Jaime would go next and then P Q. That made me so mad how they threw the challenge and were laughing about it. And then laughed at James afterwards. How rude can you get? James and Aaron didn't ask to come over there. They should be glad they had two strong men to help them start winning for a change.:mad:

I agree I was not happy with the way the two of them acted.

It was a tremendously risky move to throw it, and the kind of move we seldom see pay off at the end. I hope it doesn't. I predict another shake up or win will save James and someone from the other side will go next.

I also have a feeling from what Jeff said at tribal council that there will be another twist that will save James.

pixiesmimi
10-21-2007, 08:27 PM

I noticed, too, that she had on what looked like a swimsuit but didn't see when they got them. Maybe the producers were tired of people complaining about how bad they looked in underwear on sites like this and decided to do something. There was a lot of nudity for a show during primetime that had to be blurred.

Melanie
10-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Speaking of inappropriate, this week was the first time in a long time of watching reality TV with my kids that I had to start talking during the show in order to prevent my kids from hearing (Jamie and Erik's conversation towards the beginning). I'm just not ready to start answering those questions. :unsure:

offwego
10-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Speaking of inappropriate, this week was the first time in a long time of watching reality TV with my kids that I had to start talking during the show in order to prevent my kids from hearing (Jamie and Erik's conversation towards the beginning). I'm just not ready to start answering those questions. :unsure:

Yep! by far the worst for that in a long time (and considering Richard Hatch that's saying something!)

Melanie
10-26-2007, 09:03 AM
How delusional is Sherea? A threat in the challenges so they had to get rid of her?

Bye bye, Sherea! :hi: I'm so glad she's gone!

ChipnDaleGal
10-26-2007, 09:31 AM
How delusional is Sherea? A threat in the challenges so they had to get rid of her?

Exactly!! She was so mad. I enjoyed watching her leave. :thumbsup:

offwego
10-26-2007, 09:34 AM

I agree 100%..and what was with (name blanked completley here but bare with me) skinny skinny waitress from New York? How on earth did she think that would help her in the game?

And I missed the first challenge and few minutes. How did they all end up with so many clothes?

Poor James..he tried so hard to let Denise win that but just couldn't do nothing. (but those challenges are just nasty!)

mttafire
10-26-2007, 10:03 AM

I agree. IMHO,she was the laziest survivor EVER.

TiggeRia
10-26-2007, 10:20 AM
I wasn't too fond of Sherea, either, so I wasn't sorry to see her go! I was so hoping that their plan about having James using the immunity idol would work--I couldn't wait to see the look on PG and Jaime's face! Too bad Denise couldn't eat the last of her portion...it would have been a great plan.

I could not believe it when Courtney announced to her alliance that she felt like an outsider until Frosti and Sherea arrived...I think that made the ones who were going to vote for Jean-Robert change their minds. She's just completely set herself up as a target and would not be surprised to see her go within the next few weeks. She can't be trusted now.

KarenP
10-26-2007, 10:24 AM

Woooohooo :woohoo: was I ever glad to see Sherea go! She had a real smart attitude and really thought she was invaluable.

Anyone else have to look away during the food challenge? I was gagging, especially with the chicken fetus. Could you imagine trying to swallow something with feathers?? :sick:

bleukarma
10-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Yeah, Courtney isn’t playing a very smart game. Why would you vote against your own alliance unless you were sure it was going to work?! Now Todd and the others can’t trust her so I wouldn’t be surprised to see her go soon. It sounded like Jeff Probst was annoyed with her too at tribal council, telling her how smug she looks! Go Jeff!!!!!!!!!

I don’t like Jean Robert but I was kind of glad they voted Sherea off. I think it was smart move.

Todd was so smart with the immunity idol and then it blew up in his face! I think he lost any edge he had when he went around the camp going “I found the immunity idol!!!” I was really hoping that Frosti didn’t get it at the last minute, though, after everything Todd went through to get it!!! It looks like next week Eric and Jaime discover theirs. What happened to James going back to his camp and ripping it off?!! He dragged his feet and gave it up!

Looks like next week is the merge, maybe next week the game will start picking up!

Ian
10-26-2007, 11:24 AM

Exactly!! She was so mad. I enjoyed watching her leave. :thumbsup:

Woooohooo :woohoo: was I ever glad to see Sherea go! She had a real smart attitude and really thought she was invaluable.You all said it better than I ever could have. Buh-bye!

Anyone else have to look away during the food challenge? I was gagging, especially with the chicken fetus. Could you imagine trying to swallow something with feathers?? :sick:Yeah, that was nasty! What got me was those eels and the way those two girls just plowed them down. BLECH! :ack:

SBETigg
10-26-2007, 12:38 PM
I was glad Sherea went, and I hope it messes up Peih-Gee and Jaime's plans. But if they merge next week, this might play out badly for Todd and his alliance.

Courtney can easily join the other side and rile them up against the one she sees pulling strings on her side. The classic strategy move would be to work people who feel they are outside the plan for a final four run and win them over to vote off the strongest player. James, for his strength in challenges? Or Todd? Or possibly Erik, if Todd's numbers hold. Hmm.

I would prefer to see Jaime, Peih-Gee, or Courtney go next, but in a merge situation, strength becomes the target. Unless they were faking us out and they don't merge next week. After the preview, I'm worried that James gets his Idols stolen.

TiggeRia
10-26-2007, 12:43 PM
After the preview, I'm worried that James gets his Idols stolen.

I didn't think about that...I just assumed that they found the one on the other camp! Interesting....

ChipnDaleGal
10-26-2007, 01:38 PM
I didn't think about that...I just assumed that they found the one on the other camp! Interesting....

First thing I thought was that they found both of the idols in James' bag or something. Something about that quick bit of preview looked suspicious to me. :(

disneydrmr
10-26-2007, 03:19 PM
I HATE those weird food challenges. I was unable to watch pretty much the whole time that part was on.

I'm still wishing for John Robert to get the boot! He just plain needs to go!

mttafire
10-26-2007, 03:33 PM
I HATE those weird food challenges. I was unable to watch pretty much the whole time that part was on.

I'm still wishing for John Robert to get the boot! He just plain needs to go!
I layed down 3-1 that Jean Robert WINS.
Like him or not (i do) i think he is the one to watch go far...We'll see.

Melanie
10-26-2007, 05:18 PM
First thing I thought was that they found both of the idols in James' bag or something. Something about that quick bit of preview looked suspicious to me. :(

I've been reading on another board about this, and apparently the idol cannot be stolen.

ChipnDaleGal
10-26-2007, 10:05 PM
I've been reading on another board about this, and apparently the idol cannot be stolen.

That's good. Thanks for sharing that info, Mel.

thrillme
10-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Maybe the Idol can't be stolen but it doesn't mean they won't try.

I'm sooooo glad Shera is gone. I've been wanting her out for a long time. Now...I have to go down the list and I'll be happy.

Courtney
Pei Gee
Jamie
Jean Rober

If I was a contestant I'd be inclined to get rid of Todd. He's sneaky and seems to have quite an alliance going.

I don't think I could have done the turtles. I have had those as pets...

For the life of me I can never figure out why some of these countries take the grossest things and call them "deliquesces"

pixiesmimi
11-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Whoa! Tonight was priceless!:rotfl: I don't know who was more surprised, JR or Jaime. :D

Ian
11-02-2007, 07:04 AM
Yeah, that was a riot!! The look on Jamie's face was great ... one of the better tribal council moments I can remember!

Okay, so I think I've finally decided that I'm rooting for Todd. He comes across as being a pretty decent guy and he's been playing a good game so far.

It could change, but right now he's my frontrunner!

ChipnDaleGal
11-02-2007, 07:17 AM
Todd is my favorite right now too. So I am glad that it was Jamie that got the boot since that helps him be more safe. But I hope they bounce Courtney out of there soon. She has no redeeming qualities that I have seen. I have never seen a player seem so disinterested. She acts like she was kidnapped and forced to play the game. Not cool when there are so many people that apply and would love the challenge and opportunity.

SBETigg
11-02-2007, 07:27 AM
That was one of the best ever shows for me. Smug Jaime turning in the false idol and then getting the boot is right up there with Susan Hawk's final tribal rant. It was brilliant! I loved seeing James so happy. They did have me on edge that Jaime may have switched her fake idol for one of his good ones. But the "I'm so much smarter than I look" camera confessionals mixed with the final result? Priceless! Great show.

Courtney, Peih-Gee, and Jean-Robert can go next but I have a feeling Courtney may hang on awhile, as Jean-Robert suggested at council. We'll see.

Ian
11-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Courtney, Pei-Ghee, and Jean-Robert can go next but I have a feeling Courtney may hang on awhile, as Jean-Robert suggested at council. We'll see.Those are the ones I want to go next, as well.

TiggeRia
11-02-2007, 10:19 AM
I thought last nights episode was great! I really didn't like Jaime after she and Pei-Ghee threw that challenge a couple of weeks ago. And after she went snooping through James' bag last night, I think she definitely got what she deserved! I was laughing out loud. :blush:

I thought I liked both James and Todd, but after seeing the previews, Todd wants to blindside James, which makes me mad. Although I guess it would be a good move on his part. They should get rid of Courtney, first, though--she is not to be trusted at all after some of the comments she's made. I think right now I'm going to stick with rooting for Amanda.

offwego
11-02-2007, 10:30 AM
That was amazing!! (loved the way Jeff tossed it in ala Jamie's toss of the puzzle piece)

And I'm kinda going for James (but enjoy watching Todd as well).

It was the best so far by a long shot!

SBETigg
11-02-2007, 11:08 AM
I like both Todd and James for a win, or Denise and Amanda. I can see that James would be a target now. With the immunities and his strength, they may never get rid of him.

But, with next week's preview in mind, I don't like it when people second guess their abilities to get votes with the jury and bring a weak or hated player along with them to the end. Of course it makes sense strategically, but why not have more faith that the jury will see you for your merits removing the necessity of having a fall guy? Rich Hatch won because he so clearly outplayed and people respected that in the end, and you can't get more hated by your tribe than that.

I think Todd could potentially win it over James if they were the last two because Todd has been solid with strategy and planning from day one. James has been all strength and playing along. Why be afraid to bring that to the jury to decide?

TheDuckRocks
11-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Super good show last night. :funny: over Jaime and her whole little talks about not being as dumb as they think she is. Oh, my gosh!
James, Denise, Amanda and Todd would be on my list of people I'd like to see make it to the end. I know that's almost half of the people left but being that I didn't like anyone to begin with this is a huge step forward for me.:blush:

thrillme
11-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Last night was GREAT...I so LOVED it when Jeff tossed Jamie's idol into the fire. That really serves her right. Not only for throwing the challenge but also for rummaging through James' bag and stealing it.

I was really glad to see her go...now to get rid of Courtney and Pei Gee.

Then I can rest easy. So far my favorite is Amanda or maybe Denise. Todd...he's very "manipulative". He probably needs to be voted out soon to break that alliance.

KarenP
11-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Great tribal council! So long, Jamie! :funny: You got what you deserved. I hope Peih-Gee is right behind you!

Chrisx2
11-02-2007, 05:31 PM
My favorite part was James on camera wishing that Jaime would think her piece was an immunity idol. That was the happiest I've seen him and he was like a little kid. It was great!

Jaime and Peih-Gee lost me when they threw the challenge. I do feel bad for Erik though. I would rather see him last longer than Jean-Robert and Courtney.

pixiesmimi
11-03-2007, 12:28 AM
It ticked me off when Jean Robert told Todd that if he got voted off that he would hold Todd responsible and he would make sure that Todd didn't win like he holds anyone's loyalty enough to do that. :( I hope he goes next and Todd tells everyone what he said so they will know how important he thinks he is. He has tried several times to blackmail people for their votes.

Disneypixie513
11-03-2007, 11:09 PM
It ticked me off when Jean Robert told Todd that if he got voted off that he would hold Todd responsible and he would make sure that Todd didn't win
Phew i know! It's like "Just threaten his life why don't ya?" Scared me:(
Haha my mom,sister and I crakced up when we realized that Jaime was stupid enough to use the "idol" and how she was talking about how smart she was and all that..Then at tribal we really lost it..We were laughing so hard, i had a few tears :blush: ..Wow..Courtney needs to go..She is incredibly annoying..She just doesn't see things..She need some food too..She's a stick :ack:

2Epcot
11-04-2007, 01:06 AM
Last night was GREAT...I so LOVED it when Jeff tossed Jamie's idol into the fire. That really serves her right. Not only for throwing the challenge but also for rummaging through James' bag and stealing it.

I was really glad to see her go...now to get rid of Courtney and Pei Gee.

Sounds like a good episode, hopefully it is available online. I just got back from China, and one of my DVRs switched off daylight savings time early so I lost about 6 shows for the week including Survivor. Luckily my other DVRs were OK, so I didn't miss everything while I was gone.

SBETigg
11-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Sounds like a good episode, hopefully it is available online. I just got back from China, and one of my DVRs switched off daylight savings time early so I lost about 6 shows for the week including Survivor. Luckily my other DVRs were OK, so I didn't miss everything while I was gone.

Wow, Chris, how exciting to have been there and to come back for Survivor: China. The episodes seem to be available on CBS.com so enjoy the catching up.

tinkerbell04
11-07-2007, 12:19 PM
This was by far without a doubt the BEST episode so far this season! I loved the idol thing at tribal. :mickey:

thrillme
11-07-2007, 01:02 PM
It ticked me off when Jean Robert told Todd that if he got voted off that he would hold Todd responsible and he would make sure that Todd didn't win like he holds anyone's loyalty enough to do that. :( I hope he goes next and Todd tells everyone what he said so they will know how important he thinks he is. He has tried several times to blackmail people for their votes.

Actually I would have had a bit of a "laugh" at the threat. ONE vote from ONE fella that nobody likes...not really a big deal. He's blowing smoke.

bleukarma
11-07-2007, 01:17 PM
My favorite part of last weeks episode was James talking about how he hopes Jaime brings out the fake idol thinking it’s a real idol! He got such a huge kick out of the thought that I couldn’t help but laugh along with him! And then when it happened, I thought “Oh James was right!” Jaime had me second guessing that she switched the idols for the real one in her “I’m smarter then I look comment”. I bet she feels stupid now!

I think out of anybody Todd deserves to win. He’s played a good game, and not too nasty either. Of course there are going to be some backstabbing in a game like this, but he hasn’t gotten too ugly like I’ve seen in the past. Now Jean Robert telling him that he will hold him accountable if he gets voted off…that’s mean…but a good strategy for him. I doubt it will work enough to scare Todd off from voting for JR though. I would like to think that everybody else knows who the best player is in the end. But, if I was on the island then I’d be working at getting Todd off. I’m afraid it might happen eventually, but I’d like to see him win it.

RenDuran
11-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Goodbye, Jean-Robert! Did anyone else think he looked like Vince Vaughn?

ChipnDaleGal
11-08-2007, 10:03 PM
That was so much fun to watch Jean Robert's face. After those three James votes he was so sure he was safe and his grin was so big, then his third vote and the smile disappears, and then his fourth and final vote and he is glowering like a little kid! I am glad he doesn't have a shot at any of the big money. He seemed like a pretty nasty guy.

TheDuckRocks
11-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Why did Courtney win the Immunity Challenge? Because she weighs about as much as air!

KarenP
11-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Whew! I was glad it was Jean Robert and not James!!

MegaDisney
11-09-2007, 12:51 PM
The smart move would have been to blindside James.

bleukarma
11-09-2007, 01:08 PM
The smart move would have been to blindside James.

I agree. Although it's nice that JR isn't there anymore, I think it would've been smarter of them to go ahead and vote James off. Now he will take the immunity idol with him to every tribal council. He may just end up winning it. Which...wouldn't be a bad thing, but most everyone else there has played the game smarter. James just kind of goes with the flow with his idols in his back pocket. I agree with Todd that James should give him one back. James wouldn't have an idol at all if it wasn't for Todd telling him about it.

Now I wonder what Courtney is going to complain about since JR is gone??!

offwego
11-09-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm also fine to see the back of JR. What a odd person.

As to Courtney winning the challenge that was pretty funny. You know if there are a lot of balance type ones she could be a much more competive player then we all thought.

I really do think James is playing a good game (better then he seemed at the start) very aware of the people part & and aware of his own inability to play that as well as he'd like (which so many of them can't see).

As to giving it back to Todd...since Todd seems to be in such control if I were James I'd wait till it seemed like Todd needed it if I were him (just like Todd did with James really).

Looking forward to next week (which I didn't think I'd be saying a few weeks ago)

SBETigg
11-09-2007, 03:58 PM
James had better plan to use his immunity idols or win challenges. He should catch on now and be hard to beat. Actually, the smart move would be for the rest to flip on the Todd-Amanda alliance.

It should be too easy to see that Todd owns the game right now and is a good one to oust. But I like him and don't mind if he wins. I really like Denise, too, even more after last night. It's awful to be the last one picked. That is my history in gym class. Go Denise. :blush:

Melanie
11-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Why did Courtney win the Immunity Challenge? Because she weighs about as much as air!

Yes, it was very obvious that challenge benefitted the lighter folks.

Ian
11-10-2007, 09:53 AM
They actually had me going at tribal that James was going to be sent packing. I was glad it turned out to be JR, who annoyed me.

Should be interesting to see where it goes from here. JR was that unifying villain they could all sort of use as a default before they had to start turning on each other. Now that he's gone, things should start heating up.

Carol
11-11-2007, 08:21 AM
I really like James and want him to go all the way. Hopefully he will put his guard up and not be so trusting.

2Epcot
11-11-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm actually finding myself enjoying a season of Survivor. I don't think I've said that in about 5 years or more.

That was so much fun to watch Jean Robert's face. After those three James votes he was so sure he was safe and his grin was so big, then his third vote and the smile disappears,

I agree. Although it's nice that JR isn't there anymore, I think it would've been smarter of them to go ahead and vote James off. Now he will take the immunity idol with him to every tribal council. I agree with Todd that James should give him one back. James wouldn't have an idol at all if it wasn't for Todd telling him about it.

I was happy to see JR go as well. I agree it would have been smarter to get rid of James, but JR was so annoying.

They actually had me going at tribal that James was going to be sent packing. I was glad it turned out to be JR, who annoyed me.

I really like James and want him to go all the way. Hopefully he will put his guard up and not be so trusting.

I also thought James was going to go. One of the reasons I stopped watching Survivor was because the shows were so predictable. Usually if they make you think somone is leaving, you know they are going to stay. They still kind of did that with James, but it was more of an unknown. I like James as well, and hope he stays on for a while.

I watched this episode with my wife, and we talked about the reward dinner at the village. Just getting back from China myself and eathing almost nothing but Chinese for over a week, was a little much for me. I can't say Chinese is my favorite food, but I do like it, and had many great meals ... even if I didn't always know excactly what I was eating. I told my wife it wouldn't matter what it was if you're one of the Survivors and haven't had much to eat for a while, they were loving it.

pixiesmimi
11-11-2007, 07:17 PM
I hope James is smart enough to take his idols with him next time. I can't believe anyone would be so smug as to not take their stuff with them to council. Everyone knows anything can happen and they can turn on a dime. I could just read James' face. He was saying "Why didn't I bring that idol. Man! I should have used one!" :) I think he will be wiser next time and expect people to turn on him. I hope P.G. goes next. I feel sorry for Denise but I can't see her going very far because she doesn't do anything to stand out enough for them to keep her.

ChipnDaleGal
11-16-2007, 05:33 AM
Well that made me sad. I liked Frosti. He was a great athlete and seemed like a genuinely nice guy. He was always so positive and upbeat. I understand how hard it would have been to resist those burgers, but they practically handed PG that necklace.

SBETigg
11-16-2007, 06:15 AM
I wish Peih-Gee or Courtney could have gone instead of Frosti. Looks as if Courtney is in no danger of going soon. Peih-Gee knows she's on the line so I expect her to be trying to work some deals. James didn't use any of his idols, which is good that he could save them but makes me nervous that he'll be too trusting at the wrong time.

Frosti stayed in good spirits and his parting comments made me laugh. "With cheeseburgers still on their breath..." :D But what next? Why is Jeff keeping them at Tribal? A twist?

RenDuran
11-16-2007, 11:14 AM
I wish they would get smart and vote out Todd! I can't stand that little guy!

I'll miss Frosti. He had such a cute attitude. Even joking about their breathe while he was leaving. What an exit!

Ian
11-16-2007, 03:34 PM
I wish Peih-Gee or Courtney could have gone instead of Frosti.:ditto:

I liked Frosti.

Peih-Gee and Courtney ... not so much! :sick:

KarenP
11-16-2007, 04:01 PM
I was sad to see Frosti go. I am surprised that they are not trying to get rid of James. Even though he has the idols he did not use them 2 weeks in a row. He could have been voted out totally by surprise. I do like him though and hope he goes a lot further. I just know if I were playing the game I would be trying to get him out first.

thrillme
11-16-2007, 07:03 PM
SIGH...I liked Frosti too. ARGH :mad: Will they EVER get rid of Courtney???

My vote is hard core I'd MUST dump Courtney then Todd. James...can only use those idols till he reaches the final 4 then eventually he's going to lose immunity. He's strong but not "agile'. He can't balance worth a hoot. But Courtney...she's...she's...she's...:mad: Ohh I just don't like her on so many levels.

Todd really is in control. I can easily see Todd and Amanda being the final two. Amanda I'm fine with but just how short are her shorts???

Christine
11-16-2007, 11:36 PM
So I'm guessing there will be no show next week due to Thanksgiving? UGH, I can't wait to find out what "unfinished business" they have at tribal council!

Pipalotta
11-17-2007, 03:21 AM
So I'm guessing there will be no show next week due to Thanksgiving? UGH, I can't wait to find out what "unfinished business" they have at tribal council!

There will be a new show. For the past few seasons they have always shown the episode on Thanksgiving.

TheDuckRocks
11-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Amanda I'm fine with but just how short are her shorts???

I kept wondering the same thing the other night!:eek: They really need to find a way to get some clothes for those folks or all we're going to have is a fuzzy screen.:jaw::funny:
I will also miss Frosti, he was always so up beat.

DMApixie
11-18-2007, 01:44 AM
There will be a new show. For the past few seasons they have always shown the episode on Thanksgiving.

I believe the Thanksgiving Day show will be the 'let's get everyone caught up to date' episode. Technically it is a new show...but not really for those of us diehards. We are going to have to wait another week to see what the unfinished business is about. argh! :shrug:

SBETigg
11-18-2007, 12:25 PM
The Survivor website says the next show is on Nov 29th, and it's a regular episode. I'm not sure they're even doing the recap show this week.

Lacy
11-25-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm not surprised that there aren't any comments on the recap episode. I thought it was somewhat entertaining but definitely would have preferred a real episode especially with the tribal twist. I do like seeing a bit more of the camp life but nothing stands out as too memorable. And I'm bummed that based on next week's previews PG is still around. I was hoping that the twist was they would have to vote another person out right there and PG would lose her immunity. Wishful thinking I guess. Can't wait for a real episode and to find out what they have to do!

2Epcot
11-30-2007, 02:02 AM
I wanted James to stay, but I figured that would happen. He had two immunity idols, he didn't need to be so cautious. He should have used one early, then tried to hold onto the other as long as possible.

SBETigg
11-30-2007, 07:33 AM
I was yelling at the TV. "Use your idol! Use it!" And apparently, he didn't hear me. :blush:

Too bad he had to go. I did like that he had a good attitude at the end. I guess Amanda is my favorite one left. She has a strategy and she's not just waiting for others to think for her. I wonder if she's going to target Todd? Interesting.

DizneyRox
11-30-2007, 07:52 AM
Very, very dumb...

They are good to the final 4, no? 2 idols, 7 people left and he doesn't play it? WOW! For that he deserves to be gone...

RenDuran
11-30-2007, 08:06 AM
I was sad to see James go, but he made a bad decision by trusting that group.

I'd love to see Todd gone and now Amanda....she keeps making those puppy dog eyes and it's just getting so fake!

bleukarma
11-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Ahhh….James….you were the only Survivor to ever have two immunity idols and you were the 10th person voted off this season. Where did you go wrong?! But yes, I’m happy he had a good attitude about it in the end.

I have a feeling that Todd will be a target in an upcoming show.

Also, how awesome was that reward?!!!

offwego
11-30-2007, 09:31 AM
[FONT=Arial]Also, how awesome was that reward?!!!

That was amazing! But I was kinda sad to see James go.

Did anyone else notice the new intro credits? I can't remember them ever doing that before. Makes me wonder what might happen next a little. Good episode though.

goofysbabe
11-30-2007, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=SBETigg;1485167]I was yelling at the TV. "Use your idol! Use it!" And apparently, he didn't hear me. :blush:

Ditto - Maybe we should have yelled louder. I hated to see him go, but if he wasn't smart enough to play the idol then.................. Now I've got to figure out who I want to win. I know it's NOT Courtney!!!!

KarenP
11-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Glad to hear I was not the only one yelling at the TV. I can not believe James did not use the idol. He was so blindsided. I was really hoping he would go all the way.

TheDuckRocks
11-30-2007, 12:06 PM
:haha: Well, it's nice to know that I wasn't the only one screaming at the TV.:blush:
I must say I think I liked James more after he lost than before. He was too cool in his after the fact interview.

Mackflava99
11-30-2007, 12:13 PM
I was sad to see james go too- It seems the people on Survivor get more and more vicious each year. When an alliance lies, then it really makes everyone keep on their toes.
I think I'd like to see a dark horse like Eric win now, but he has no chance.
Just not PG or Cortney, i hate them

So do you think James will vote for any of the people who turned on him ?

ChipnDaleGal
11-30-2007, 01:40 PM
I think James had one of the best exit interviews ever. He was so calm and not bitter. He saw that it was a smart move on their part and he really only had himself to blame sitting on those two idols.

I would love to see Eric,Todd or Denise. I do not want Courtney to win, and I like Amanda a lot less after yesterday.

SBETigg
11-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Yes, but Eric is not playing the game. He just went along with Peih Gee and Jaime earlier, no protests, and he has been a yes man all the way since the merge. There's nothing to him. I like Denise, but she's not doing much either as far as strategy. Amanda and Todd have been working it hard from day one. I could respect their wins if they pulled it off. Courtney and Peih Gee are both contemptible and I would hate for either of them to win, most especially Courtney. At least Peih Gee tried a strategy, a bad one, but it's something.

Mackflava99
11-30-2007, 02:52 PM
For some reason i don't like PG because she tried so blatently to lose a challenge and then complained that she wasn't winning and was the only person who had never won ( at the time) But it is a game...

bleukarma
11-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Yes, but Eric is not playing the game. He just went along with Peih Gee and Jaime earlier, no protests, and he has been a yes man all the way since the merge. There's nothing to him. I like Denise, but she's not doing much either as far as strategy. Amanda and Todd have been working it hard from day one. I could respect their wins if they pulled it off. Courtney and Peih Gee are both contemptible and I would hate for either of them to win, most especially Courtney. At least Peih Gee tried a strategy, a bad one, but it's something.

Agree 100% :thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
12-01-2007, 04:46 PM
I haven't gotten to watch the show yet because I had to tape it, but have been wondering why James has been so conceited about thinking he would stay and not taking the immunity idols to tribal counsel or trying to use any of them. I figured it was only a matter of time before this would happen to him. And him sitting on two of them! Man, that is stupid! Was this the second half of the other tribal counsel? Do you know if he even took them with him since they had planned to vote someone else off and did not know they would be voting off two? I need to watch the show. :) I figured since another thread posted about next season listed James and Courtney as challengers on the next one that meant that they both got voted off of this one and it would only be a matter of time. Guess that is good news about Courtney. :) I liked James though and would have liked to seen him win or come close. I can't stand P.G. and Courtney and don't know how either of them has made it this far. I sure hope neither gets to the finals.

Christine
12-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Oooo, if looks could kill! James did not look too happy to be in the jury tonight!

Okay, I am REALLY hoping there is a reward challenge soon that offers clothing!

Man, are people gonna feel really bad if Todd's sister's story is not a Johnny Fairplay thing! Courtney's rendition was disgraceful!

ChipnDaleGal
12-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Courtnsy is disgraceful. But her dad seemed like a snot in his brief appearance so maybe she came by it honestly. I wish they would take her out next.

Christine
12-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Courtnsy is disgraceful. I wish they would take her out next.

I hear ya! You know you really don't like Courtney when you would rather have PG around! :D!

I am just irked! Why would they jump to conclusions about Todd's sister? :shrug: :confused:

RenDuran
12-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Now that Erik is gone, I'm pulling for PG to win. I think her drive is amazing...she never stops working it! Todd and his group of girls just make me cringe.

Melanie
12-07-2007, 07:06 AM
For about three previews now, we've heard how Amanda is supposedly turning on her alliance in the next episode. I don't believe it anymore.

This season is turning out to be a bit boring for me. Not sure what it is, but it's lacking something. :shrug:

SBETigg
12-07-2007, 08:00 AM
For about three previews now, we've heard how Amanda is supposedly turning on her alliance in the next episode. I don't believe it anymore.

This season is turning out to be a bit boring for me. Not sure what it is, but it's lacking something. :shrug:

It's lacking a multi-dimensional cast. James was the most interesting character. Next, Denise, but she isn't that complex. Other than that, we have a bunch of self-absorbed young people. What were they thinking in casting? Either they were trying to attract younger viewers or they really have no idea who their audience is.

offwego
12-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Man, are people gonna feel really bad if Todd's sister's story is not a Johnny Fairplay thing! Courtney's rendition was disgraceful! I know it seemed awfully shallow of all of them.

It's lacking a multi-dimensional cast. James was the most interesting character. Next, Denise, but she isn't that complex.
It has gotten flatter this week in particular. (In part I think because I at least was disgusted by how they all assumed Todd's sister's story was made up, and if I recall the fairplay issue that was revealed to the audiance in the same show was it not?) at any rate I didn't think I'd find Todd sypathetic but the rest of them just ewwed me out with that.

I'm kinda feeling Densie I think

Momof2boys
12-07-2007, 11:58 AM
I tell DH each time we watch that it feels very predictable. I just haven't been able to get that "into it" for the last few seasons.

I'm sad to see Erik go. :(

thrillme
12-07-2007, 01:20 PM
I still love Survivor if not for the people I enjoy the beautiful scenery and the culture.

But besides that...I absolutely cannot stand Courtney :mad: Jean Rober said it best when he said "she has got to be the luckiest girl in the world to get as far". Besides really needing to put on some weight...she has got to be the rudest, most insensitive individual I have ever seen. Regardless of whether Todd was telling the truth or not (to pull another Fairplay would seem quite trite)...her rudeness over such a sensitive subject was HORRIBLE.

Unfortunately I have a feeling that if PeGee doesn't win immunity next round...Denise is going to be the first to go. I would really love for Courtney and Todd to go back to back.

bleukarma
12-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Last night during tribal council I saw Courtney roll her eyes at something someone (I think P.G.) said and I just started yelling at the tv “don’t vote for Todd or Eric, vote Courtney off!!!!!!” How can someone act the way she does and be happy?? She’s awful!! At least J.R. knew he was a bad person, Courtney is bad and she thinks she’s the best person in the world! And how can her dad not be worried about how skinny she is?? Her weight cannot be healthy.

I would like to see Todd win, but I found myself pulling for Eric last night. I think I just normally root for the underdog. Eric did look good though!

I halfway expected Amanda to write down Todd’s name to make the tie. But would a tie have gotten Todd off? I forget what happens if there is a tie.

Eric started with the comment “I have to confess, I don’t believe Todd about his sister.” Then Courtney just took it to the next level. What a horrid person! :ack:

SBETigg
12-07-2007, 01:45 PM
I debated what would be best for Denise and in the end, I decided that she wouldn't be doing herself any favors to force a tie. Had Todd won the tiebreaker and felt vindictive about it, she might have jeopardized a final four chance. Plus, Erik was no loss for me. He has been led by the nose by his tribemates through the entire game. The only time I saw him think for himself was to accuse Todd of lying about the miscarriage behind Todd's back. Not nice. Bye, Erik.

Though, yeah, it would have been even nicer to get rid of Courtney or Peih Gee. Courtney is not nice and hard to watch. Peih Gee has been on my personal boot list since she threw that challenge. It has worked out all right for her, but more out of circumstance and immunity wins than by any strategical maneuvers. To her credit, she has tried to work strategies, which is more than a lot of them can say.

2Epcot
12-10-2007, 02:28 PM
I wanted to see Todd go ... I'm still a fan of Peih-Gee, and very happy to see her continuing to win immunity. I don't like to see anyone ganged up on by the rest of the group.

Christine
12-13-2007, 09:26 PM
:bored:

This may be the first Survivor that I haven't cared what the outcome is!

But what else will be on TV Sunday???

RenDuran
12-13-2007, 10:19 PM
I was disappointed that my last pick for top Survivor was let go tonight....goodbye PG! The last four people are either too shallow or idiotic for me. Of course, I will still watch to see who wins!

SBETigg
12-14-2007, 06:48 AM
I thought Peih Gee was petty, rude, and not there due to her own efforts as much as that there were more important competitors to off before her. I was glad to see her go. She wasn't playing the honorable game she thought she was after throwing the challenge early on. Had she not thrown that challenge and if she'd gone on to form a tighter alliance with Aaron and James, who knows what kind of game she might have had. If she was being the outcast, it's a position she put herself in.

I like Denise for the win but I can't see it happening. I think we're looking at a Courtney-Todd-Amanda final, and in that case I prefer Amanda.

ChipnDaleGal
12-14-2007, 07:18 AM
I thought Peih Gee was petty, rude, and not there due to her own efforts as much as that there were more important competitors to off before her. I was glad to see her go. She wasn't playing the honorable game she thought she was after throwing the challenge early on. Had she not thrown that challenge and if she'd gone on to form a tighter alliance with Aaron and James, who knows what kind of game she might have had. If she was being the outcast, it's a position she put herself in.

I like Denise for the win but I can't see it happening. I think we're looking at a Courtney-Todd-Amanda final, and in that case I prefer Amanda.

I agree with everything you just said, Sherri. Peih Gee did get herself into her situation by playing less than "honorably" and I was glad to see her and her big orange hair ribbon leave last night. I have to admit that I am rooting for Todd. I think he has played the mental side of the game better than anyone else, but I would also love to see an underdog like Denise pull it out. Anyone but Courtney would be okay.

bleukarma
12-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Even though I’ve been rooting for Todd all along, I found myself hoping that Amanda and Denise would vote him off. I would be happy with an Amanda win if Todd got voted off. I think I’m just bored of the “we are going to be the final four and that’s it” alliance, I’m ready for things to be shaken up. Oh well. I also think that Todd has gotten very cocky with his comments last night about how he praises anyone that could sneak up and vote him off.

When PG got so mad at Denise not taking her on the reward I thought to myself “that’s not the way to play the game!” She makes everyone hate her by her attitude and the fact that she’s a sore loser. Like the time she got back to camp and yelled at James for not being good at the challenge. Why would you treat other people like that and expect them to like you?

Well….with the final four, I hope anybody wins but Courtney. PG is right, she hasn’t really played the game, the only thing she has done is be friends with Todd. I wouldn’t be too happy with Denise because she hasn’t really played a strong game, but she’s done more then Courtney. But really, I would be happy with a Todd-Amanda final two. They’ve both played the game the smartest, in my opinion.

offwego
12-14-2007, 09:30 AM
She wasn't playing the honorable game she thought she was after throwing the challenge early on. Had she not thrown that challenge and if she'd gone on to form a tighter alliance with Aaron and James, who knows what kind of game she might have had. I agree as well!

I also think that Todd has gotten very cocky with his comments last night about how he praises anyone that could sneak up and vote him off.
When PG got so mad at Denise not taking her on the reward I thought to myself “that’s not the way to play the game!” She makes everyone hate her by her attitude and the fact that she’s a sore loser. Like the time she got back to camp and yelled at James for not being good at the challenge. Why would you treat other people like that and expect them to like you?
[FONT=Arial]Well….with the final four, I hope anybody wins but Courtney. Yeah but based on the whole arrow thing I suspect Courtney may do better with the jury then we may want her too.

I'm not sure what I did but my post is very odd looking here..

I was trying to add that I'm still a little unsure how Todd got to be such a power player..and that I felt Denise may have owed PG a reward in turn for the other one and should at least have been a little less then surprised at how upset she was

bleukarma
12-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Yeah but based on the whole arrow thing I suspect Courtney may do better with the jury then we may want her too.

I was trying to add that I'm still a little unsure how Todd got to be such a power player..and that I felt Denise may have owed PG a reward in turn for the other one and should at least have been a little less then surprised at how upset she was

Thats true. I didn't expect Courtney to get as many arrows as she did. For some reason she's popular. :confused:

I agree that Denise does kind of owe PG a reward because PG took her on a nice reward, but I don't think sulking the way PG did was the best way to react. It just makes people not like you. I think if I was in PG's position then I would've held my feelings in, or at least not been so vocal about it.

offwego
12-14-2007, 11:33 AM
I think if I was in PG's position then I would've held my feelings in, or at least not been so vocal about it.

I think it was because Denise had already done the "aw shucks I'm sorry your right I shoulda coulda" on the other one...but I agree PG should have kept a tighter lid on it. (but coming right after the one arrow thing it may have been just too much)

ChipnDaleGal
12-14-2007, 11:56 AM
I don't think Peih Gee took Denise on that reward out of the goodness of her heart. She picked her strategically as a possible weak link in that alliance. I don't think Denise has any reason to feel indebted to her. It is a game and they all do what they think is best to advance themselves. Most of their decisions are not personal. I understand Peih Gee's disappointment, but she got a little ugly in her reaction and it didn't do anything to advance her case of sticking around.

TheDuckRocks
12-14-2007, 12:04 PM

I was pleased that Denise didn't take PG on the reward outing. The only reason PG took Denise was that she thought she might be able to get Denise to vote with her and I think Denise saw right through that.
I know "nice" doesn't get you very far in these games but it is nice to see Denise take Courtney because she got her the win and Todd (as much as I don't like him) because she is being very loyal to the people she feels are her allies.

SBETigg
12-14-2007, 12:09 PM

I was pleased that Denise didn't take PG on the reward outing. The only reason PG took Denise was that she thought she might be able to get Denise to vote with her and I think Denise saw right through that.
I know "nice" doesn't get you very far in these games but it is nice to see Denise take Courtney because she got her the win and Todd (as much as I don't like him) because she is being very loyal to the people she feels are her allies.

I agree, too. It is a game. It suited Peih Gee's game to take Denise. It would have done nothing for Denise's game to take Peih Gee. Plus, she simply could have explained it that Courtney was an automatic choice, since she wouldn't have been there without Courtney, and Todd was the second closest to going through his own efforts, making him another fair and reasonable choice. He came in second in that challenge. It's reason enough out there.

Nascfan
12-14-2007, 01:57 PM

Get out of my head! ;)

Couldn't have said anything any better, so ditto.

thrillme
12-14-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm rather glad to see Peih Gee gone. Although I really and truly want to get rid of COURTNEY...I wanted to slap her silly at tribal council as she rolled her eyes at everything Peih Gee said. Granted I too have been getting a little tired of Peih Gee constantly whining about being the "outsider".

Hers and Jamie's little plan didn't pan out by throwing the challenge. She certianly had no problem litterally LAUGHING at James when she believed SHE had the upper hand. How bad do you think James and Aaron felt knowing they were DIRECT targets...not only were they DIRECT targets...they even threw a challenge to TARGET them. Then when she had Denise go on the reward with her...HELLO...it wasn't out of the goodness of her heart it was to sway her.

Well what goes around comes around. Courtney is just so "rude" that I really can't stand her.

I think Denise is out of there next round. No one can beat her. I don't think it really mattered which way she voted. Peih Gee "might" have held an alliance with her but I don't think anyone else will. Courtney, Todd and even Amanda have pretty well screwed everybody. Denise has too but not as badly. Unless she takes immunity...she's out of there.

2Epcot
12-15-2007, 11:31 PM
No quotes needed for calling Peih-Gee and "outsider", she definately was one. I liked Peih Gee and think she's been playing a really hard the last few weeks. I was sorry to see her go. I can't say there is anybody left I'd like to see win. If I had to pick someone I guess it would be Amanda.

ChipnDaleGal
12-17-2007, 05:46 AM
I am really glad that Todd won. I was a little nervous that maybe Courtney was going to pull off the win. And it was great to see James get money too. Next Survivor looks interesting. I wonder when the "favorites" will be announced?

RenDuran
12-17-2007, 07:31 AM
It was an interesting show last night. I wasn't going to be happy with any of those three winning, but after hearing Denise give her speech to Amanda about having nothing to go home to, I was extra glad she didn't make it to the final three!

Melanie
12-17-2007, 07:35 AM
:bored:

I always enjoy the reunion show though. :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
12-17-2007, 07:46 AM
I am really glad that Todd won. I was a little nervous that maybe Courtney was going to pull off the win. And it was great to see James get money too. Next Survivor looks interesting. I wonder when the "favorites" will be announced?
I think they already were, unless it's a fake list.

Melanie
12-17-2007, 08:13 AM
We discussed the next edition here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=119456&highlight=survivor), but obviously there were a lot of errors in the whole report, so I don't trust that list.

I kinda hope they can keep the favorites a secret until the premiere, but I doubt that will happen.

Mackflava99
12-17-2007, 09:12 AM
I didn't like Todd, He was one of the worst liers ever to play the game, but then it is part of the game so maybe he did it right. No matter, I still felt Amanda should have won, but her strategy was poor- she should have kept Denise and Courtney-
Amanda also lost points for being the sad puppy the whole time during the last council.

And PG- - please shut up !!! you threw a challenge- you dont deserve to win- "Oh i tried so hard" No you didn't - you purposely lost-

I am looking forward to the next round- i hope some of the real favorites return.

murphy1
12-17-2007, 09:53 AM
I didn't watch this season really, but I just saw the guy that won on Regis and Kelly, he is really cute. I will probaby watch the All-Star one.

Carol
12-17-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm glad Todd won. He deserved it. I'm also happy James won the viewer's choice. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I get so sick of hearing the jury complain about lies. Ugh! Do they not watch the show?? It's a game for a million dollars. You cannot trust anyone but yourself. It's all about lying!

I'm sorry to offend - but I did not care for Denise and her game play. I'm not a fan of playing the sympathy card and she was playing it to the hilt - right down to the special last night. I'm glad she didn't make the finals. :nono:

I am looking forward to the Fans vs. Favorites season. I somehow doubt it will be my favorites playing though. I tend to like people no one else does. :fresh:

SBETigg
12-17-2007, 10:07 AM
I didn't watch this season really, but I just saw the guy that won on Regis and Kelly, he is really cute. I will probaby watch the All-Star one.

I have a guess on who might be participating, in that case. I hope it proves to be an interesting season. Todd winning was a bit anticlimatic this time, but he did work for it and I didn't mind him winning. Amanda didn't make a strong case for herself in the final tribal council. I would have been disappointed if Courtney had won. And what was up with the cuddling between Todd and Courtney at the finale? Kind of odd, I thought.

TheDuckRocks
12-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Well, I must say when it came right down to voting time I do think Todd would have gotten my vote.
Denise was over the top with her whining about how she needed the money more than the others. The game is about who played the best and that was Todd.
They all lie! It's part of how you have to play if you want to win. Some of them lie by what they don't say or do. How many times have we heard someone ask another player to let them know if they are going to be voted out? Or how about throwing a challenge like PG and Jamie did? That wasn't being truthful.
I'll be happy to see who will be on the favorites team and it will be interesting to see if fans will be able beat some of the players by their knowledge of what they've seen before. Glad to see they're not just making this another All-star game.

mjaclyn
12-17-2007, 12:58 PM
I think Denise should have won. I know everyone is saying that Todd deserved it because he 'played the game', but I still think that someone can play fairly and without lying. I'd love to see an honest person win.

Momof2boys
12-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Yay for Todd ! I think he played a great game, although he had me nervous at times.

I didn't like Denise's whining either although I did think Courtney's comment about "this isn't welfare" was a bit much. I'm disappointed that they gave Denise $50,000 because we'll hear all sorts of sob stories now.

One thing that I was surprised didn't get brought up was Todd's sister losing the baby. Especially since the girls "didn't buy" the story.

But they did ask Eric about being with Jami :blush:

2Epcot
12-17-2007, 01:53 PM
I still felt Amanda should have won, but her strategy was poor- she should have kept Denise and Courtney.

I agree. It would have been nice to see Amanda win, but her mistake was keeping Todd there.

I'm sorry to offend - but I did not care for Denise and her game play. I'm not a fan of playing the sympathy card and she was playing it to the hilt - right down to the special last night. I'm glad she didn't make the finals. :nono:

Watching the show last night with my wife, I was constantly talking about Denise, and was very tired of her. Once Amanda was eliminated I would have been happier to see Courtney win for doing nothing ... Both me and my wife couldn't stand Todd.

thrillme
12-17-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm very glad to see James get the money. He's a hard working and very nice (despite the chit chat about Courtney with John Rober)

There are always some stuff on the reunion that I would LOVE to hear more about...Like tagging James and John Rober about the boy talk, Todd's sister (I think the fact that they did NOT it up makes it "real")...etc...but I guess they only have so much time.

I was very pleased with Jeff when he had Courtney "apologize" to Denise about the comment about the "screwed up life"...That girl is so :mad:

I'm not comfortable with Todd winning I would have preferred Amanda but he played his cards quite strategically.

I don't think the sob stories are necessarily going to start now. I think she was just in a pretty rough position and actually I used it to my "advantage"...My DS asked why doesn't she just get another job???? Alas while perhaps his logic rang "true" I explained to him that "if you don't go to college you may not aquire the neccessary skills to actually get a good job".

I'm glad James got the popular and it was nice they gave Denise the $50.

Ian
12-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Zzzzzzzz ... wuh? Huh? The Survivor finale was on last night ... oh ... okay, back to sleep. :sleepin:

Seriously, I was just SO not into this season. I never really connected with any of these people and found them all to be largely dull, vacuous, and annoying. The one guy I liked (James) turned out to be trusting to a fault and blew a golden opportunity to win by failing to use not one, but TWO immunity idols!

Bring on next season ... this one was the worst since the year Vecepia won ...

offwego
12-17-2007, 04:45 PM
I didn't like Denise's whining either although I did think Courtney's comment about "this isn't welfare" was a bit much. I'm disappointed that they gave Denise $50,000 because we'll hear all sorts of sob stories now.

One thing that I was surprised didn't get brought up was Todd's sister losing the baby. Especially since the girls "didn't buy" the story.

I thought it was odd they didn't bring up that part with Todd either...but agree that while I could see Denise's point of view (in particular in contrast to James story) it did come across as whiney but I think it's also because Denise just isn't very articulate. Others who've been able to put it better have had similiar issues but aren't stuck making part time min. wage etc. But I think it was kinda nice that they found a way to compensate her for the problems it was creating for her family.

SBETigg
12-17-2007, 04:52 PM
I thought it was odd they didn't bring up that part with Todd either....

The reason they didn't bring up the Todd issue probably has to do with his sister's privacy, plus how sad to bring it up again assuming it did happen, which is what one must assume given no evidence to the contrary. When someone supposedly dies, like the Fairplay incident, it's considered a natural event and something that everyone might know. Todd's sister's situation is not in the same realm. It's a personal and private matter. True, he brought it up in the first place but that doesn't really mean it's up for public discussion.

offwego
12-17-2007, 05:13 PM
The reason they didn't bring up the Todd issue probably has to do with his sister's privacy, plus how sad to bring it up again assuming it did happen, which is what one must assume given no evidence to the contrary. When someone supposedly dies, like the Fairplay incident, it's considered a natural event and something that everyone might know. Todd's sister's situation is not in the same realm. It's a personal and private matter. True, he brought it up in the first place but that doesn't really mean it's up for public discussion.
I understand what you mean..but if I was him I think I'd want to be clear that I hadn't lied about such an event. But see your point of view

Carol
12-18-2007, 07:14 AM
I'm disappointed that they gave Denise $50,000So was I. She got money for coming in 4th - why reward even more?? Survivor is not a charity - it's a game. She was the one that opted to leave home for 2 months to play. She still has a job. :shrug:

ChipnDaleGal
12-18-2007, 08:28 AM
So was I. She got money for coming in 4th - why reward even more?? Survivor is not a charity - it's a game. She was the one that opted to leave home for 2 months to play. She still has a job. :shrug:

I agree with that as well. I found her very hard to watch in the finale episode. and I think she was wrong too, I don't know that the jury would have thrown her any votes. Taking that "I deserve it more" tack is not playing the game. I didn't like her attitude very much at the reunion show.

murphy1
12-18-2007, 09:08 AM
I think lying about your grandma passing away is terrible!

Christine
12-18-2007, 09:22 AM
So was I. She got money for coming in 4th - why reward even more?? Survivor is not a charity - it's a game. She was the one that opted to leave home for 2 months to play. She still has a job. :shrug:

I totally agree! My DH was saying, "Geez...can you imagine the sob stories we're gonna here from now on in future seasons...people trying to get Mark Burnett to hand them out some dough?"

I thought she was pathetic. :rolleyes:

RenDuran
12-18-2007, 09:41 AM
I don't know that the jury would have thrown her any votes. Taking that "I deserve it more" tack is not playing the game.

Actually, Jenna used that same tactic years ago and she won the million dollars. I'm not sure if it was because of that actual statement that she won, but she argued that because her opponent was already prosperous he didn't need the money!

pixiesmimi
12-18-2007, 10:11 AM
I felt bad for Denise and her situation but that isn't Survivor's problem. So why couldn't she go somewhere else and get a job if she didn't like being a janitor at night? She didn't have to go back to the school to work. Actually, if she hadn't, it might have been better for her because it would probably have played out in the media that the school wouldn't give her the job back and then someone else would have stepped up and given her a job out of sympathy. Like you said, she knew this when she applied for the show. A win wasn't guaranteed.

I was so afraid Courtney was going to win and she really did not deserve it even if she was the "skinny blond that wouldn't make it through". That shouldn't win anyone the million. She did look a lot better after she put on some weight. I always like the finale show to see how everyone looks a few months later. What was up with Todd's hair? :sick: I doubt the airlines would let him come back as a steward with that style. Of course, he doesn't need to now, does he. :) I couldn't decide if I wanted Amanda to win or Todd but thought he really played the best game if James couldn't win. I was rooting for James all the way. This season really was a bit boring. I think the longer they go with it, the more boring it is going to get unless they start throwing more twists into it. We've about seen it all.

Melanie
12-18-2007, 05:33 PM
I hope Denise doesn't take the money from Burnett. :nono:

From People -

Survivor: China's 'Lunch Lady' Apologizes for Misleading Viewers

Denise Martin didn’t win the grand prize on Sunday’s Survivor: China live finale but the popular “lunch lady,” as she’s known to fans, earned herself one very nice consolation prize—$50,000 from producer Mark Burnett after revealing that she’d lost her job when she appeared on the reality show.

But by Tuesday morning, Martin was on the CBS Early Show answering allegations that she did not, in fact, lose her job as she claimed during Sunday’s telecast.

“It was not my intention to be misleading,” Martin said, responding to a
press release issued by the Douglas, Mass., school superintendent Nancy T. Lane on the school’s web site on Monday.

“Nancy has been outstanding to me….I appreciate everything they’ve done, and I’m sorry. I apologize to everybody. If none of this had happened, I could never say I’m sorry enough.”

In the release, Lane says in part: “Although Mrs. Martin was a cafeteria employee prior to her selection as a contestant, she asked to be considered for a promotion to full-time custodian, and was promoted to this position on March 30, 2007. This promotion came with additional benefits and a higher salary. Following her leave, she then returned to this same position.”

Originally, Martin claimed her new custodial job—while found her working nights—adversely affected her family, offering her little time to spend with her children.

After Sunday’s telecast, Martin said her surprise prize money was a real boon. “I was in shock,” she told PEOPLE. “I couldn’t believe that [Burnett] actually did that.”

For her part, Lane says everybody is disappointed by Martin’s fabrications. “We did nothing but encourage her,” she told Entertainment Weekly.

“Douglas is a nice little town. Everybody was rooting for her, the local paper was bending over backwards with positive articles. Then to have it end this way. Talk about a letdown.”

pixiesmimi
12-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Wow! I was real surprised that the school and local media hadn't gotten into this. To go on National TV and falsify information about your job and not expect the school to respond is just really stupid! I hope Burnett takes his money back. By the way, Polygirl 40 said that she got money for being 4th. I didn't know anyone but the first place got any money. When did this start? Back several years ago, they said that the first place person was not allowed to give any of their money to the number two person or other contestants so the winner at the time (Tina? I think) bought some things like a motorcycle and something else for the runner up (can't remember his name Colby?) to avoid it looking like she was giving him money. But they kind of had a pact to share the money. But I was not aware that the others received anything.

ChipnDaleGal
12-19-2007, 09:57 AM
They all get paid something for being on the show, and having to put their jobs and lives on hold. The longer you last, the more you get. The winner and runner up are the ones that get the highest payoffs.

That was pretty low of Denise to manipulate the truth of her employment as she did. I wonder how uncomfortable it will be for her to go into that school now?

thrillme
12-19-2007, 10:26 AM
I'm very disappointed in Denise. I think Burkett had a good heart in what he did to offer her the money. She had quite a nice experience that I know I would LOVE to have even if I was the first off. (Yes I did send in my video once :) it was actually fun to make)

I guess she really makes "Johnny Fairplay" look like an amature.

I wonder if Jeff is still dating Julie?

mjaclyn
12-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Wow... I was really rooting for Denise because I thought she needed the money the most. I was also a fan of hers because she was honest throughout the entire process - or so I thought. I can't believe she had the nerve to lie to everyone after making that HUGE speech at the last tribal council about honesty!!!!

TheDuckRocks
12-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Holy Cow! How could anyone be dumb enough to not know that you would be caught if you said something this far off base on national TV? I'm very disappointed in Denise.

SBETigg
12-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Denise apologized for being misleading right after the finale and on CBS This Morning right after that. She also said that she doesn't feel comfortable accepting the $50,000 and she's donating it to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. I feel better about her, and I think it's a wise move.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
12-19-2007, 02:55 PM
I didn't know anyone but the first place got any money. When did this start? .

Everyone in the game gets some money. This quote is from wikipedia re: how they distribute the prizes "Every player receives a stipend for participating on Survivor depending on how long he or she lasts in the game. In most seasons, the runner-up receives $100,000, and third place wins $85,000. Sonja Christopher, the first player voted off in Survivor: Borneo, received $2,500.[5] The stipend was increased for Survivor: All-Stars. The known prizes for Survivor: All-Stars were as follows: 2nd = $250,000; 3rd = $125,000; 4th = $100,000. Tina Wesson, the first player voted off in Survivor: All-Stars, received $25,000. In Survivor: Fiji, the two runners-up received US$100,000 each, and Yau-Man received US$60,000 for his 4th place finish.[6] The prizes for other seasons with more than sixteen contestants are unknown."

Back several years ago, they said that the first place person was not allowed to give any of their money to the number two person or other contestants so the winner at the time (Tina? I think) bought some things like a motorcycle and something else for the runner up (can't remember his name Colby?) to avoid it looking like she was giving him money. But they kind of had a pact to share the money. But I was not aware that the others received anything.

Tina made the comment that she would buy Colby that Harley that he wanted, but didn't. So Rosie O'Donnell did.

RenDuran
12-19-2007, 03:07 PM
I'll bet Denise told that story to one of the producers, never even thinking that it would be brought up at the reunion show. I still have no clue what her reasoning would be, except she's an idiot.

It's amusing that all this fuss is being made over her lying about her "real life" job. If she had lied in the game about who was getting voted out or whatever, noone would have cared.

I've wondered if Jeff is still dating Julie, too.