PDA

View Full Version : Going to Branson

mickeys_princess
08-24-2007, 01:49 AM
We are going to Branson the first week of october and we are staying at a timeshare place called Cabins at Green Mountain,or Green Mountain Cabins, something like that. Anyone ever heard of this place? Just wondering if anyone had any experiences there. Also what else should not miss in Branson. Please give me something to look forward to. For some reason I just cant seem to get that excited about a "non-disney" vacation! :confused:

Twinsowner
08-24-2007, 07:33 AM
Thee are lots of things to do in Branson. Although you are right , it is not Disney quality, it is still a nice slow paced relaxing time. The weather in october should be very nice. I reccommend you guys try a couple of resturaunts we ate at in June. There is a very small, hole in the wall, italian place down by the boardwalk on sycamore street called Rocky's italian. From what I understand it is a very historic and popular rest., especially with the locals. it is very easy to find for it is right next to the boardwalk area. There is also a very nice mexican resturaunt in the boardwalk called cantina laredo i believe. We really enjoyed both of these places for nice meals that were not really overpriced. If you like to shop there are some really nice outlet malls. And of course if you have kids silver dollar city is there. If you are show people then there are tons of them. have fun!!!!

wire0monkey
08-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Silver Dollar City/Celebration City/White Water.

It's not Disney, but it is fun. Silver Dollar City has tons of live shows and a great kids' play area. The Haunted Mine attraction is a boat ride that lets you shoot things (like Buzz Lightyear). Celebration City is more ride centric. White Water is a good water park.

I also love the "Shepherd of the Hills" play because it's very "themed" to the Ozarks region. (It's not a great literary work.)

Don't forget to go down to the lake while you're there. You can rent jet skis at Indian Point Marina. The floating cafe at the Marina does a great "diner" breakfast.

chrisb26
09-02-2007, 04:31 PM
We go to Branson every year we also have a time share and stay at Big Cedar Lodge. While your there you will want to if its warm enough go to the lake for sure. Rent some jet skis they are lots of fun we get them every year and just ride them for a couple hours lots of fun. Silver Dollar City, Celebration City, and White Water are all lots of fun. Silver dollar city had a few rollercoasters that are fun. We like fire in the hole alot it is a indoor rollercoaster that doesnt go too fast or upside down just has alot of dips and is fun. There are alot of good restraunts also. If you like buffets then go to Grand Country Buffet for breakfast they have good food. Its right on the main drive easy to spot with the giant guitar sticking out the side. You can also go see some shows. Yakov Smirnoff is very funny. He puts on a great show. If you watched America's Got Talent you saw the Duttons they are in Branson I haven't been to their show but they sounded pretty good.

Hope you have a great trip.