PDA

View Full Version : Deciding where to stay....

kellya6
08-23-2007, 11:26 PM
We're currently looking to visit WDW Fall 08, we're planning early since I know we'll need to start saving. We are a family of 6, myself, husband and 4 daughters ages 14, 11, 5, 3. We have been to WDW numerous times with the oldest 2 but want to now share the magic with the younger 2. Being a larger family I realize there are fewer options in regards to accomodations for us. I was considering trying to rent DVC points to stay at a 2 BR BC villa but was wondering if anyone could offer me any suggestions on affordable options with still some space to spread out a little bit? Thanks!!

kakn7294
08-24-2007, 07:14 AM
:welcome: to Intercot! If you're really on a tight budget and need the cheapest possible accomodations on-site for your family, consider connecting rooms (not guaranteed but I heard easier to get with younger kids) at either a Value or Moderate. If you want a suite on a tight budget, consider the All-Star Music family suites - they have 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms, and a little kitchenette (microwave, coffee maker, and mini fridge). However, the beds are a double bed in the bedroom and pull out beds in the other room - 2 singles in the chairs and a double in the sofa. You might also consider a cabin at Fort Wilderness - they have a queen bed and a set of bunk beds in the bedroom and a Murphy bed (pulls out of the wall) in the living room plus a full kitchen. Beyond that, there are suites at Coronado Springs and any Deluxe but of course they start getting pretty expensive. Just be aware too that they don't discount the suites and you should probably book them as soon as you can because they are in more limited number.

goofiecrazy
08-24-2007, 11:25 AM
I would say try for 2 connecting rooms at a Value or Mod that way your older kids can have a room to them selves.You will have that etra bathroom as well.That way if the younger kids need to nap then u have that xtra space so they can have some down time.

Kairi_7378
08-24-2007, 12:47 PM
Have you considered the cabins at the Fort Wilderness?

#1donaldfan
08-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Cabins for that number, you'll have plenty of room to be comfortable. Your getting some good advice......hope you have fun....

DestinationWDW
08-24-2007, 08:34 PM
We love the cabins! Full size bed and set of bunks in bedroom with TV, full size kitchen (great for preparing your own meals/breakfast) and murphy bed for 2 more in living room and TV with DVD/VCR. We also liked that kids could "play outside" while others were getting showered/dressed, etc. Very peaceful. Only disadvantage with teens - 1 bathroom.......

kellya6
08-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Thanks for all of the great advice! I'm excited to start researching and planning!!

TheMartellFamily
08-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Two rooms connecting at a value will give you 2 bathrooms and 4 double beds. This is less than staying at the cabins at Ft. Wilderness. At Ft. Wilderness though there is a full kitchen and you can prepair meals there and not have to be on the meal plan or buy individual meals. So there are many choices to choose from.

steamboat willy
08-26-2007, 02:35 PM
:thumbsup: Cabins and Fort Wilderness would be a great choice. That's where it started for me. Cabins, space outside, pool, marina, electric water padgent on your beach.
Way Cool! :cap:
Family Suite at ASM would also be a great choice. :cool:

luvdiznee
08-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Another vote for the ASM Suite. Or FW Cabins. :mickey: