PDA

View Full Version : Seeing "Wishes" from Ohana's???

jonah'smom
08-23-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm making plans for our December trip, and am strongly considering Ohana's for dinner one night. We will probably go there on a night that MK is open till 1am. Wishes will be at 9pm that evening. Is it possible to see Wishes from Ohana's, or to go out on the beach at Poly to see them? Can you hear any of the music?

Also, what would be a good time to make an ADR to see them? I was thinking around 7:30 or 8:00. We will be headed back to MK afterwards probably. But, hmm, now that I think about it, that may not be a good idea to try to go into MK after the 9:00 fireworks?

Oh, no, now I've gotten myself all confused!
Somebody please help my Disney overloaded brain!!!

jwallace378
08-24-2007, 08:01 AM
When Wishes starts, Ohana's dims the lights and pipes in the music from the show. You'll have a pretty good view. Or, you can walk down to the beach at the Poly, but you can't hear the music there.

bethanne6245
08-24-2007, 08:44 AM
We went to Ohanas last Dec and requested a table next to the window. Gave you a wonderful castle view and like the previous poster said, they pipe the music in. It great! 8PM ressie should be fine.

moe513
08-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Ive been to Ohanas twice during wishes. I thought the music was hard to hear and never had a table with a great view. Next time were going to try and watch them from the lagoon.

DVC2004
08-24-2007, 09:04 AM
We do this every trip. Make the ressie for an hour ahead and request an MK view. It's really great with the piped in music and narrative.

Jared
08-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Remember to request a window table. 'Ohana is a large restaurant, and relatively few seats offer a view of Wishes. If you can see the fireworks, the dimmed lights and music create a great atmosphere for the show.

mook3y
08-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Remember to request a window table. 'Ohana is a large restaurant, and relatively few seats offer a view of Wishes. If you can see the fireworks, the dimmed lights and music create a great atmosphere for the show.

Definately worth waiting a little longer for a window seat.

Our first year, we planned for the fireworks and then was seated in a section where you could barely see the windows.

The following year, we ask to wait for window table and was right next to the window and had a GREAT view.

We have this planned again for this year!

I_Love_Disney
08-24-2007, 10:53 AM

Hi there! Do you request a window table when you make the reservation? Or when you show up at the restaurant??

First time at 'Ohana this September, and very much looking forward to it.

Thanks so much!