PDA

View Full Version : River Roost at PO Riverside

LuckyMum22
08-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Can anyone tell me about the lounge at Riverside? We'll be staying there for the first time next week. I have a romantic notion of getting our youngest to bed between 8-9 pm and having our 13 year old keep him company in the room, while my DH & I check out the River Roost. Does anyone have any info about this place? Also, do you all think that leaving the kids in the room together for an hour or so is ok/safe? (ages 13 & 8)

#1donaldfan
08-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Good luck getting an 8 year old down to bed by 9ish while at Disney !!!!! Actually I don't see a problem with it at all, I'm sure the 13yr old has watched for you before.....you should have a great time.

#1donaldfan
08-23-2007, 09:26 PM
ooops....I forgot to give you the hours of the roost....4pm to midnight.....they have appetizers and a nice fireplace area.....

tiaramom
08-23-2007, 10:19 PM
what is this river roost?
music and apps by the river???
all week , any night? seasons?

Seasonscraps
08-23-2007, 11:04 PM
The River Roost is the lobby bar/lounge. It's adjacent to Boatrights. They have a snack menu plus a full bar. There's the main area that faces the stage with lots of tables and another section slightly around a corner that is sofas and easy chairs with cocktail tables.

Several nights during the week (Wed or Thurs - Sat), Bob Jackson performs his sing a long piano show. It is soooooooooo much fun! He gets everyone up singing and what not. He pays special attention to the kids and calls them up to the stage for particular songs.

mnhockey
08-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Bob Jackson is a lot of fun. I encourage you to take the children. My 6 and 14 year old love it there. For a bar its generated for kids to.

brewcrew26
08-26-2007, 04:47 PM
I had asked a question about Bob Jackson just a little while ago. Some people told me if you google "yehaabob" you get his website. It's really cool. It's got his playlist. He does a great show and it really is kid-friendly.

The lounge itself has all kind of drinks and apps. I had some awesome chicken wings once and my brother had nachos while we watched a Packer pre-season game.

Lots of fun!

dmallan
08-26-2007, 06:30 PM
It's not exactly romantic, though, if that was your intent. It's a family sing-along.:party: :piano:

For a romantic evening at the POR I'd opt for a carriage ride. Or you could take a walk along the river and go to POFQ to Scat Cat's lounge. :wine: