PDA

View Full Version : What are my chances?

mickeys_princess
08-23-2007, 08:58 PM
What are my chances of seeing Fantasmic at 8pm and then making it to an ADR at Ohana for 9:25pm?

Stan
08-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Fantamic ends - 830 - 840? ... big crowds (well organized but slow)
At bus stop ... 850?
Bus arrives Poly (direct?) ... 915? --- I don't know the bus schedule
Walk to Ohana ... arrive 925?

...if all goes well. To me it sounds like a recipe for not enjoying Fantasmic (photo (http://www.FLmemories.com/Samples/DSC04039s.html)).

Others who know more detail, please contribute! Perhaps it doesn't matter if you're 15 min late for the dinner?

Speedy1998
08-23-2007, 09:26 PM
I would say two chances.

Slim, and none.

mouseketeer mom
08-23-2007, 09:39 PM
It sounds like a disasterous plan!
You won't make it, if you do, it will be by the skin of your teeth. The crowds will be huge coming out of Fantasmic. It will be herds of people heading for the buses. Only if you're lucky, you're on that bus that is just waiting to whisk you away to the Poly.
Make another plan!
A more relaxing one!

kakn7294
08-23-2007, 10:01 PM
The only way I can see this being a successful plan is to leave Fantasmic just before it's actually over to beat the crowds out, run for the entrance not stopping to pick up anyone you knock over on the way, and have a taxi waiting to whisk you off to the Poly.

Polynesian Dweller
08-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Very little chance even under the best circumstances. By bus you would have to be on the very first one and it would have to leave quickly, with NO delays getting out of the parking lot area.

Its packed getting out that time and getting past the exit lights, to the Poly, into the GCH, upstairs to the O'hana entrance in time will be a real trick, even using a cab. I'd guess the best you could hope for would be about 15 - 20 minutes late.

Raye3201
08-23-2007, 11:26 PM
I have to agree with the slim and none estimate. I would recommend seeing Fantasmic on another night....it'll be very busy leaving Fantasmic and you'll never get a bus to the Poly quickly enough. :mickey:

mickeys_princess
08-24-2007, 01:43 AM
Yeaaa... thats really what I was thinking, impossible. Definitely not giving up Ohana, may blow off Fantasmic. Wonder what the latest ADR we could get for Ohana is.... anyone know what time they close?

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-24-2007, 07:40 AM
Wow....and we thought we were "high speed, low drag." I hope you get to do both. Just might be better on seperate nights. Good luck to you. :D

Natazu
08-25-2007, 05:11 AM
We've done it. It takes a car parked in the disabled lot, a decent knowledge of the route to the Polynesian and a willingness to valet park.

Basically, sit at the top of a section stage left (don't go past Scar). As soon as Mickey Mouse says "Some imagination, huh?" Get up and high-tail it out. F! is a 22 minute show. If you can get to your car by 8:50, it's only 4 and a half miles to the Poly, valet the car and casually sashe to the restaurant. Worst case, they will hold your reservation for a least 15 minutes. But the last seating is 9:50 so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Don't have a car you say? Forget boats, monorails and busses. After exiting the park, go past the busses to the taxi hold (behind disabled parking), grab a cab and tell the friendly Mears employee, "Polynesian and step on it". Make sure he takes E Buena Vista to World Drive to Seven Seas Dr.

Hope this helps.