PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express Question

The Flying Dutchman
08-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Hey all-
I have a question about Magical Express. The Mrs. and I have had our plane tickets now for over two months but we have received multiple notices from the airline telling us that our flights have changed. Originally, we were to take a flight back home leaving at 5 but it has now changed to 3. My question is do we have to notify Magical Express about these changes or do they have access to these changes automatically or does it even matter at all if they know exactly when we are leaving?
Thanks for your help! (and sorry for the extraordinarily long run on sentence!)
:pirate:

MinnieMommie
08-23-2007, 07:49 PM
I am always sure to contact ME myself to ensure they are aware of any changes. :mickey:

BrerStitch
08-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Definitely inform Magical Express when you arrive at the airport to start your trip. Otherwise, you might not have a ride to the airport in time for your return flight. ME goes to resorts because someone is scheduled to be picked up, they don't just go to resorts on a regular schedule. Happy vacationing.

teambricker04
08-23-2007, 09:14 PM
If the airlines change your flight, Disney should know but you should verify it with them. If it does change the day of, they should know this and have no issues getting it there... so don't fret if it changes while you are on your way!

Good luck!

CleveRocks
08-23-2007, 10:17 PM
I agree that it can't hurt to notify DME of any time changes. However, as long as they are airline-based changes to the time of the same numbered flight, it won't be an issue, as DME's computer links with the airport's computer system to constantly keep them updated on not only scheduled time changes, but flight delays as well. In other words, if you were supposed to land at MCO around 10 p.m. but your flight doesn't make it there 'til 3 a.m., DME will know about the delay and they will be there waiting for you.

pogo
08-23-2007, 10:40 PM
I wouldn't take anything for granted. Call ME and let them know the new departure time. :D

Piglet822
08-24-2007, 01:51 AM
Actually, the OP is talking about his departure time from Disney.
In that case you can notify Disney of your flight change when you check in at the Magical Express welcome center. This is very important because this is the information they will use to schedule you for your return pickup.
As one poster mentioned already, we (I'm a DME driver) do not (usually) send buses to resorts where we have no reservations showing.