PDA

View Full Version : Is Sharing On The Dining Plan Still OK?

MMouse6937
08-23-2007, 05:35 PM
We leave in about three weeks and I wanted to make sure it's still ok to share one credit on the dining plan as long as it's not for a buffet. We are only planning on doing it once at the Sci Fi Dine In but wanted to make sure we would be ok. With the amount of food sometimes we just split the appetizer, entree, and dessert and buy an extra drink. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

WDWFanatic
08-31-2007, 01:33 PM
Bump...

Does anyone know the answer to this?

MMouse6937
08-31-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks :) It used to always be ok, but I wanted to just make sure before we leave in a couple weeks.

GrumpyFan
08-31-2007, 05:05 PM
I haven't heard otherwise. Our most recent experience was last September, and we did it several times with no problem whatsoever. We're going back in 6 days, but I'm not sure if we'll be splitting any. If we do, I'll be sure and update this thread with how it went.

January-2007
08-31-2007, 05:14 PM
When making our ADRs for September the CM made it very clear that there was no sharing allowed. However, most people seem to report that it's okay. My take is that they discourage it but probably allow it if they feel like it at the time. We just aren't going to try. I don't want to argue with anyone on vacation so I'm just avoiding the whole thing.

GrumpyFan
08-31-2007, 06:22 PM
When making our ADRs for September the CM made it very clear that there was no sharing allowed. However, most people seem to report that it's okay. My take is that they discourage it but probably allow it if they feel like it at the time. We just aren't going to try. I don't want to argue with anyone on vacation so I'm just avoiding the whole thing.

Makes no sense to me, why they wouldn't allow it. I'm sure they aren't happy about it, but, really, what do they care, their your credits, and you should be able to use them at your discretion. Oh, wait, nevermind, we are talking about Disney, and I guess they can do whatever they please. Seriously, though, just tell your waiter that it would just be too much food for both of you to eat and that you want to share a plate. If they give you a hassle, ask for the manager.

mainemajor
08-31-2007, 09:43 PM
Last week we were able to share on the couple of times we wanted to do so and no one questioned us at all. We were right up front with our wait staff and they accomadated us:thumbsup: This allowed for a visit to the Hoop dee do review without having to pay for it. We were seeted in the third tier, but still had a great view of the show and we were even singled out by the cast as they have fun throughout the crowd.