PDA

View Full Version : Help for some vegetarian friends

Mousefever
08-23-2007, 04:42 PM
I have some vegetarian friends who will be heading to Disney World during free dining in September. They haven't made any ADRs yet(oh dear). They are also complete vegetarians (no chicken, no fish.) I was wondering, at what restaurants should I suggest they try for ADRs? Will chefs at every restaurant make a vegetarian option available if not on the menu? I'm supposed to meet with them tomorrow, so if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

:dory:

Kairi_7378
08-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Deb's website has an article about eating vegitarian in the world.

ElenitaB
08-23-2007, 05:38 PM
There are many forms of vegetarianism... if they eat dairy and/or eggs, they will have a wider variety of choices. You can check out menus with them online, but all restaurants do have a veg choice as do many counter service locations. If they do make ADRs, they should note their needs on their "reservation" and the chef will be notified and will probably come out and discuss options with them when they arrive.

Mousefever
08-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks Ellen! They aren't vegans so they do eat eggs and dairy. I'm sure they will be relieved that the chef will take their needs into consideration. Has anyone who eats vegetarian ever experienced this first hand?

:dory:

jsw123
08-23-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm not a vegeterian, but many of my favorite items at Boma were meat-free. They are known for their soups and salads.:mickey:

kgoulash
08-24-2007, 08:00 AM
i'm a vegetarian and i've never had any problems eating anywhere
many of the counter service have veg burgers, mexico will make bean burritos and morocco is great
as far as ts most have a veg option (mexico has a whole veg menu) i've even had a wonderful meal at the yachtsmen steakhouse. some menus i've not wanted the veg option like at cali grill and when i mentioned this (to my dh but out waitress overheard) they made me a wonderful meal right then
any restaurant will hand tailor a veg meal for your friends if they call 24 hours in advance
at the cali grill i was told the chef enjoys making a different meal for a guest, it shakes up the routine ( their sentiments)
anyhoo, i have always put on a few while in the world! your friends will have a great time
:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
08-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Marrakesh has a vegetarian option (and the food is soooooooooooooooo good there!)

There is a great book called "Vegetarian Walt Disney World and Greater Orlando, 2nd: The essential guide for the health-conscious traveler". May it will help?

Jared
08-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Almost every restaurant offers a vegetarian option, and the chefs are very considerate of dietary concerns. Boma is a great choice for your friends, because the salads, soups and appetizers are so delicious.

Many buffets have several vegetarian dishes.

DessertDivaFL
08-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Disney is a great about dietary concerns. They know people have food allergies, special preferences and diet plans. When my family and I eat a TS meal, we always request a few changes to the meals and they are more than willing to accommodate.

kathymk616
08-25-2007, 03:19 PM
I am a strict classic vegetarian, and there is almost always at least 1 dish on the menu (sometimes more) that is vegetarian. (I am referring to table service restaurants...I rarely eat counter service.) One time the chef at the German Biergarten buffet took me around to tell me about each individual dish, and then brought out a special plate of vegetable dumplings...really nice!
Just advise your friends to let the reservation agent know that they are vegetarians, as well as the server when they get to the restaurant. They should be just fine.:mickey:

kathymk616
08-25-2007, 03:24 PM
PS
Actually, I do remember one place it was a bit more difficult to order something vegetarian--at Le Cellier. But this was at least a few years ago, and, to be fair, I didn't tell the server I was vegetarian. She may have been able to offer something else if I had asked.

Samtastic
08-25-2007, 03:32 PM
I went a few years back when I was a vegan- I had a vegetarians guide to WDW however, it wasn't up to date back then. It was difficult going places expecting vegan items and it wasn't. But going as a vegetarian shouldn't be that hard, most TS and CS have veggies options, but they might be low protein...except Mexico and stuff.