PDA

View Full Version : Help Choosing Tour

Throckmorton
08-23-2007, 02:40 PM
I am trying to decide between the Keys to the Kingdom tour and the Backstage Magic tour. I noticed that Backstage Magic is much longer (and more expensive) but it also covers three parks. Can anyone help?

Thx! :mickey:

faline
08-23-2007, 08:04 PM
I've never done the Backstage Magic tour but did greatly enjoy the Keys to the Kingdome tour.

DisneyTwinsMommy
08-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Ok... I have done both, I will start with Keys to the Kingdom.

Keys to the Kingdom is in my opinion is the "starter tour" for those that have never been on tours before. It takes you only through MK, and does hit on many known and not so known secrets of the kingdom. It tells alot about Walt and his vision, sort of a history lesson of WDW (very cool, but lots that I already knew...) You do get to ride a few rides, but you dont get to go backstage of any of them. (you do get to go back stage later and through the utilidors) All in all a very nice tour, you get lunch included also...

Now... Backstage Magic is the "supreme" tour... It does that you to three parks, In MK you see the utilidors, in Epcot is the coolest b/c you actaully get to see inside an attraction! and in MGM you eat lunch, but do not see really anything inside the park. Backstage Magic is more about the "outside" parts of the world. You go to a prop shop, and other restricted areas that are not generally seen by the public... Here is the catch... to really appreciate the things that you see, you have to be a disney freak... In the "old parts" area we saw the real Bonnie Appetite from Kitchen Kabaret!!!!! However, if you do not know who that is, it just looks like an auto-animatronic person, you know... If you have been to disney your whole life and remember things new and old, then Backstage Magic is the way to go... If you are a "newbie," then you are not ready for it yet...

Both tours are awesome and I would recommend them both... You just have to decide on your level of readiness for the Backstage Magic tour... The backstage magic tour is a bit more expensive, but it is longer and more detailed. Remember that you get a discount on any tour with your disney visa card. And bring your walking shoes, it's a LONG day on either of them with very few places to rest...

Oh yeah, and both tours give you special pins! Too Cool!!

:mickey::mickey:I hope you have fun!!! :mickey::mickey: