PDA

View Full Version : Room Request

MollyKat1527
08-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Is it a good idea to call/email/fax a room request? If so I'm staying at POR, any suggestions for a room?

Von-Drake
08-23-2007, 12:22 PM
I recently stayed at POP and when I called them 5 days before arriving to discuss a room request they just forwarded my call to general reservations. I made the request and did get what I asked for, but you might just call the general reservations line.

Strmchsr
08-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Given the the resorts seem to not always be able to process the large amount of faxes, you can't email, and phone calls don't always get through, the best way to make a room request is just have your travel agent or general reservations at Disney note it on your main reservation. That works as well as anything. If you don't like your room at check in you can request something else, but there are no guarantees.

#1donaldfan
08-23-2007, 02:28 PM
We like building 18 the best, then 27, and finally 14.......18 and 27 are right beside the quiet pool and very close to the food court and busses.....14 is very close to the pool and even closer to the busses and food.....contact the resort 4-5 days out from checing in....
Port Orleans Resort-Riverside
1251 Dixie Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Telephone: (407) 934-6000
Fax: (407) 934-5777

moe513
08-23-2007, 05:49 PM
I always ask at check in if something else ia available . I never like what they give me.

Lucyrella
08-23-2007, 05:54 PM
:mickey:Well, I faxed our requests yesterday, on Princess paper so hopefully it will stand out. The main thing we asked for was a room on the lower level so that my sister can visit me one day that is in a wheelchair. We will see when we get there Sunday if they got it.:blush:

MNNHFLTX
08-26-2007, 09:53 AM
The simplest way to make a room request is just to have it added to your reservation. As far as the request you faxed, since it is based on a disability-related need, chances are probably good that it will be filled. If the room you are assigned at check-in is not satisfactory, ask them what else is available, as previously mentioned.

Just to reassure you too, that there are elevators in each building at Port Orleans Riverside, except in the Alligator Bayou section. So even if they don't have a ground floor room available, maybe there would be a room available on a higher level near an elevator.

TheMartellFamily
08-26-2007, 12:43 PM
We have it mentioned on our reservations about requests such as by pool, 1st floor ect. then a week before we call again and check to see what they have on our reqests list. 2 days before we fax a request. Then when we check in we work with them for our requests. We have found that if you are polite and not to demanding then it will always work out for what you will want. Of course it is always a request never a gurantee.