PDA

View Full Version : Only the 4 of Us - Day 1

kakn7294
08-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Arrival Day - Magic Kingdom

Cast - me 38, DH Phil also 38, DD Stephanie 12 and DD Megan 7

We were up before dawn to catch a 7:45a flight on SW. We left home about 15 min later that we had planned but there was no traffic so we arrived at the airport only about 5 min later than we expect to had we left home on time. The girls and I curb-checked our luggage while Phil parked the Jeep then we headed inside to meet him. Good timing - he was just coming into the building at the same time we reached the security checkpoint. There was a really long line for security - however, an employee of the airport separated the line at the family just before us and sent us to an alternate checkpoint and a much shorter wait. After a quick breakfast at McDonalds, we headed on to the gate about 7:15a. There we met DisneyorBust Eric - he was on duty and we got a few strange looks from nervous folks at the gate who I'm sure were wondering why a uniformed police officer was hanging around the gate! He's a really great guy BTW! After an uneventful flight that landed right on time, we visited the Disney store in the airport where we met a great CM who used to live in Pittsburgh. We talked with him for quite some time then headed to the DME desk - there was a fairly long line but it moved quickly and we were on the bus in about 30 min. We stopped at OKW and Saratoga before our resort. Check-in was a breeze but our room wasn't ready so we checked our carry-ons with Luggage Storage and headed off to MK. Lunch was our usual at Pecos Bills - so much for my plan to try some different places from the ones we always go to. A big problem developed here as our dining plan didn't work but it was quickly dealt with - a manager called the resort and confirmed we were to be on the DDP and told us to have it fixed when we returned to the resort that night. We spent much of the day in Adventureland. Part way through the afternoon, I really wasn't feeling well. I was overheated and probably dehydrated so I grabbed a drink - a raspberry lemonade slushie - and we headed to a few inside attractions so I could cool off a bit. I felt better after the Tiki Room and POTC. We then headed out to hit at least one attraction in each land. Megan participated in Woody's Cowboy Camp - it's a cute little show. Megan also rode Space Mtn for the first time - she was terrified beforehand but loved it once it was over. It's now her new favorite attraction. This was P&P party day but not for us. About 6:30p, they started making announcements about MK closing at 7p for the party and that you could purchase tickets at City Hall. CM's began lining the streets directing non-party-goers to the exit to the right of the train station. We poked our way along MS through the gift shops. Just about 7p, it started to rain - hard. We waited it out in the Emporium until about 7:30p when it let up and we headed back to the resort. We had to fix that dining plan problem so back to the registration desk where we were issued new room cards. We headed off to find our room in building 4, first floor. After wandering off in the wrong direction, we finally found it - a great corner location just a short distance from last year's room. This one had a nicer courtyard view rather than a parking lot view (not that we spend enough time there to care what the view is!). A call to bell services had our carry-ons delivered quickly and we were into bed by 10p, tired from being up early (I'm not a morning person) and a hot day at the park. The alarm was set for 7a for a day at AK.

aprilisis
08-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Sounds like you had a great first day! Thanks for the report- I really enjoyed reading it. :thumbsup:

faline
08-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Sounds like you had a fairly smooth arrival (except for the dining plan snafu) and a very nice start to your trip!

tyandskyesmom
08-23-2007, 02:08 PM
I saw the title line when I logged on today and I just knew it was you!

Maybe you guys need to stay away from the MK on your first day, it seems someone is always not feeling well!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

131 more days!

Bethis26fan
08-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Sounds like a great first day, I can't wait to hear more.

Beach Club Babe
08-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Sounds like a really great day with the exception of you not feeling so well!

kakn7294
08-23-2007, 04:10 PM
I saw the title line when I logged on today and I just knew it was you!

Maybe you guys need to stay away from the MK on your first day, it seems someone is always not feeling well!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

131 more days!
I know, but I just can't stay away! The MK is what makes Disney for us so we always have to start and end there. At least it was a minor and short-lived health issue this time!

January-2007
08-23-2007, 05:26 PM
It seems like you just got back from your last trip and here you are again! I am so glad it's just the 4 of you this time, sounds like you will have a much better time. I wonder why your Dining Plan wasn't working? Glad you liked the view from the room. Sounds like a great first day, minus not feeling well. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

murphy1
08-23-2007, 05:31 PM
I am the same with MK, I have visited that park so long and so many one day trips it's like another home for me :mickey: Sorry you had a rocky start, it is hard with the humidity too. Looking forward to your other reports!

Lizzie
08-23-2007, 06:30 PM
What a full first day.

DestinationWDW
08-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Your arrival day was our last day :(......I hope the weather at least gets cooler for you! I'm glad your DD loved SM - it's great when the whole family can do and enjoy everything together!!!! :mickey:

diznee_buzz
08-23-2007, 07:06 PM
That's a pretty good first day!

At which resort did you stay?

kakn7294
08-23-2007, 07:35 PM
That's a pretty good first day!

At which resort did you stay?
We were at POFQ - it was our second stay there and I think it won't be the last. It's a great resort.

iheartmickey
08-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Sounds like a great first day.

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

shan-ash
08-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Great first day!! My daughter also loves space mountain!!:mickey:

princessgirls
08-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Great first day!!

The heat can be exhausting!

Glad all went smooth. Thanks for the report.

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
08-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Our first and last I like to do MK, but once in a while I mix it up. Funny how the same thing happened to me on our first day, ill, dehydrated. Glad it only lasted the one day. Tell the girls hello for me.

ChipnDaleGal
08-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Sounds like a pretty good travel day. Hopefully your dining will be an easy fix and not cause you any more troubles. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

DisneyWhirled
08-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Sounds like a great day! Sorry you were not feeling well!

pogo
08-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Great first day Kathy.... I can't wait to read more. :D

DizNee143
08-29-2007, 01:00 PM
sounds like a pretty good first day...you guys really did manage to do alot...i was wondering about which resort you were at too...but i see that was asked already..its a great resort!! ok im off to read more!! :mickey:

ElenitaB
09-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Kathy, sounds like you all had a wonderful travel/first day. I've been in one of those Bldg 4 POFQ parking lot view rooms... glad you had a garden view this time around! :thumbsup:

CanadianWDWFan
09-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks for sharing your fun filled first day with us Kathy! :thumbsup: You guys had a great day. I am glad that the heat didn't slow you down too much.

Glad you liked POFQ! It is our favourite place to stay, even if you get a parking lot view!:D

Caroleh
09-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Sounds like a great first day!!!!

magicman
09-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Don't you love being a part of that conversion from "first-fime roller coaster fear...to fan". Space Mountain is always a big step in roller coaster progression. Way to go Megan!

Thanks for sharing a great (albeit queezy) first day.

DisneyorBust
09-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Hey there Kathy!
It was great meeting you and your family at the airport, by the way I'm used to getting strange looks at the airport and most other places too!
I am just getting to your reports, I apologize!
Sorry to read that you were not feeling well, the heat and the humidity can be brutal. I was happy to read that your youngest had a fantastic first ride on Space Mountain! I'm sure that it won't be her last.:mickey:

RedSoxFan
09-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Great first day despite you not feeling well.:mickey:

cal5755
09-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Glad you had a great first day!! Being new to intercot I just found the trip reports.. i can not wait to come back and read the rest of your vacation!! Ahh but now the kitchen needs to be cleaned so I must tear myself away from all things disney online... til later anyway!!

KylesMom
09-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Glad to hear the flight was uneventful and that you were able to make it to MK today. Isn't it funny no matter how good our intentions are, we always end back up at the "tried and true" CS places?!

Hooray for Megan for trying (and loving) Space Mountain! Looking forward to reading all of your trip reports in succession! :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
09-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.