PDA

View Full Version : The pools at POP

chrisie703
08-23-2007, 10:19 AM
:confused: Is there a quiet pool at POP? And if so what makes it a "quiet" pool? Is there something posted about noise? Also, are floats allowed in the pools? Thanks so much!! :thumbsup:

RockChalkKimball
08-23-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't think any of the 3 pools at POP are considered "quiet". There are quiet pools at POR and CBR. The difference there is that they have a themed pool, like Ole Man Island. and then, the quiet pools. The quiet pools are just regular, rectangular shaped pools. Theyare quiet because they don't have slides, shooting water, characters, etc. They also don't have life guards. All the pools at POP have life guards, I think all the time. I have not seen anthing posted about noise. I think if you have a room close to the pools at POP, noise could be an issue. If you are not facing a pool, I don't think you will notice any notice. All the pools at POP are themed and seemed to pretty busy most of the time. The quiet pools at POR and CBR were rarely busy and we often have had them all to ourselves.

JCDarzi
08-23-2007, 09:19 PM
We have stayed at Pop the last two trips we've been on. The Hippie Dippie pool seemed to be the most crowded and lively but not too bad. That is probably because it is near the food court in the center of the resort. The other pools were not so bad but not empty. The kiddie pool behind the HIppie Dippie pool and Goofy's squirting jets were seldom crowded while we were there. We went both times in September.

Concerning the noise level at the pools, I would try to make sure and stay in a room away from the pools. People were in the pools late at night. We stayed on the back side of the buildings away from the pools and we never heard pool noise.

CleveSJM
08-24-2007, 10:14 AM
I think they call the Bowling Pin and Computer pools at Pop "quiet" pools but they are not really. They don't have as much themeing as Hippy Dippy and are less crowded but still get quite noisy. The quiet pools at some of the other resorts are just plain old pools that don't appeal to the kids. Most often, they are pretty quiet with adults and older teens.

I don't think they allow air matresses and large floats (safety reasons - visibility), but they do provide floatation vests, and allow beach balls and other smalled pool toys.

PetefromRI
08-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Last year we saw alot of the styrofoam noodles and a few beach balls.The 2 pools on either end of the resort were not crowded(5 or 6 people) and they were very large pools.

TheMartellFamily
08-25-2007, 02:48 PM
We have only been in Oct and Nov to POP so I do not know how busy they are during the summer months. The hippie dippie pool is surrounded by the 60's sections of the resort. This one is the closest to the food court, game room, pool bar, shop, and check in and out desk. It is also the center the the resort. The computer pool is surrounded by the 80's and
90's section of the resort. the other is the bowling pin pool which is located in the 50's. Now these two pools are now located at opposite ends of the resort on the end sections. We have not had any problems with noise at the bowling pin pool or the computer pool. We have even had rooms facing them and since we are in the rooms to sleep or nap only we do not even have a problem with noise. For personal choice though we do like the 80' and 90's computer pool much better since the we like the music from that time. When we were in the 50's it was almost louder since we could hear the noise from the buses going though the security gates and the squeaking breaks. For us the farther you are away from the main building the quieter it does get.

chrisie703
08-28-2007, 06:08 PM
Thank you so much for all of the replys!!:thumbsup: