PDA

View Full Version : Balloons In The Hotel Room?

jraczes
08-22-2007, 09:36 PM
I Was Reading Somewhere On Here You Can Call Your Hotel Ahead Of Time And They Can Do Something Special For Kids For There First Trip Like Sending Over Ballons Etc. I Just Called My Hotel (all Stars Movies) And They Said The Only Thing They Can Do Is Get A First Time Visit Badge, Any Sugguestions?

faline
08-23-2007, 05:02 AM
Try Disney Florist (http://wdwflorist.com/).

DisneyDudet
08-23-2007, 09:07 PM
It sounds like a cute idea! Def get a First Time badge. Kids might get more attention!!

Also, if you are staying at AKL, you cannot have balloons in the resort for animal safety.

Have fun!

TammiMcMan
08-25-2007, 07:17 PM
I Was Reading Somewhere On Here You Can Call Your Hotel Ahead Of Time And They Can Do Something Special For Kids For There First Trip Like Sending Over Ballons Etc. The resorts can sometimes add a little magic to a special celebration, by sending up an autographed character photo or a balloon. This is 100% complimentary, but there's no guarantee beyond putting in a request when you arrive. Just stop by the lobby concierge and you can speak to one of the CM's there. It depends entirely on who they have available for staff runners. If you want to guarantee something, you can check out the Disney Florist website that Faline provided. They have balloons and pre-made gift baskets, or you can call them directly if you want something a little more custom.

You don't have to be too crafty (I'm definitely not), but some cute things to do at home with your child, are a custom autograph book and t-shirts that they can wear each day.

TheRustyScupper
08-25-2007, 08:00 PM
1) ALL RESORTS have autographed pictures of most characters.
2) ALL RESORTS, except AKL, have balloons.
3) As mentioned, the Concierge Desk can arrange.
4) But, actually delivery time/date is not guaranteed.
5) These are delivered by Front Desk Runners, and they have other duties.
6) Timing notwithstanding, I have never seen a balloon/photo request denied.

NOTE: AKL does not have balloons, as they could be harmful to the animals if the balloon was released and landed in the reserve.

NOTE2: Items will not be placed in rooms prior to check-in, except in some cases for Club Floor guests in some Deluxe resorts. Items (balloons, baskets, flowers, etc) will be delivered sometime AFTER check-in.