PDA

View Full Version : Plaza vs. River Belle Terrace

disneydrmr
08-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Which of these would you choose for a dinner? I'm going in November.. never been... can't decide between the two... or maybe skip dinner at Rainforest and then be able to do both?

NotaGeek
08-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Which of these would you choose for a dinner? I'm going in November.. never been... can't decide between the two... or maybe skip dinner at Rainforest and then be able to do both?

I like both ... I would skip Rainforest, it's a chain you can enjoy in many malls across the USA, go for the Disney places you can only get at the original! :mickey:

Disney Babe
08-22-2007, 08:57 PM
The last time I was in the Plaza Inn (granted, it was in 1999) the way it was set up was what I would call inconvenient, especially if you have little kids with you. Different areas for different kinds of food. So your party can end up confused or broken up. Don't know if it is the same way now.

I would go for the Riverbelle Terrace if it is open because of the one service line. They are getting a new menu too.

But, personnally I totally love The French Market. Especially when there is a band playing there.

NotaGeek
08-22-2007, 10:50 PM
The last time I was in the Plaza Inn (granted, it was in 1999) the way it was set up was what I would call inconvenient, especially if you have little kids with you. Different areas for different kinds of food. So your party can end up confused or broken up. Don't know if it is the same way now.

I would go for the Riverbelle Terrace if it is open because of the one service line. They are getting a new menu too.

But, personnally I totally love The French Market. Especially when there is a band playing there.

Well, as someone that just ate at the Plaza Inn about 3 weeks ago, I can assure you, the lines are not confusing. There's one line for salads and deserts, two separate lines for Chicken/Roast beef entrees. There are signs above every station that tell you exactly what the line is serving.

The fried chicken and roast beef are OUTSTANDING and you get a huge portion for the price. I believe the fried chicken at the Plaza Inn was very renowned in the early days of Disneyland and one of Walt's favorites. I know for a fact that this is one of my MUST eat places. Great people watching, too! :mickey:

Disneyluvr2
08-23-2007, 12:07 AM
My vote would be for Plaza Inn also! Like Michael said...the fried chicken is OUTSTANDING! Actually, everything I've had there is good! The portions are HUGE and can easily be share by two people. When I'm not hungry enough to get a full meal, I'll order the kids fried chicken meal. For less than $7.00 you get a drum stick, mashed potatoes and gravy, apple sauce, a biscut with butter AND and drink! It's one of the best deals in the park!

tinkwest
08-23-2007, 01:47 AM
My DH would eat every meal during each visit to DLR at the Plaza Inn (specifically the chicken) if we let him.

I like Riverbelle Terrace for a leisurely breakfast.

Melanie
08-23-2007, 02:02 AM
I really enjoyed the Cobb Salad I had at the Plaza Inn a couple of months ago, and my kids enjoyed their chicken and macaroni. :tasty:

I like eating outside there. Nice atmosphere.

disneydrmr
08-23-2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the responses.. but I have a follow up question now.. from the way you talk about RiverBelle Terrace it sounds like it's not a sit down and be served place? So would they take Priority Seating? If it's just a counter then we can do this on our arrival day (should be in the parks by noon.)... then still make plans for a dinner at Rainforest Cafe that night... our original plan was for our arrival day to grab a counter service on arrival, then spend a few hours in the park, have an early dinner (my sister and I will be suffering from a three hour time change - so their 5pm dinner hour will be our 8pm hour)....

tinkwest
08-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Neither River Belle Terrace nor Plaza Inn is a sit down & be served restaurant. Both are cafeteria style where you go through the line and let the servers know what you want for your main dish. Smaller items (sides, desserts, drinks) you serve yourself. Plaza Inn also has a Character Breakfast buffet. May be Minnie & Friends, sorry can't remember as I've never done this breakfast. No Priority Seating Arrangements available at either (maybe at Plaza Inn if you are going for the breakfast).

brownie
08-23-2007, 03:29 PM
We ate at the River Belle Terrace in June, and it was okay. It's a counter service restaurant with both indoor and outdoor seating. We weren't all that impressed, so I'd go with the Plaza Inn (although we didn't eat there.)