PDA

View Full Version : My ADR's..kinda disappointed

PrincessTracie
08-22-2007, 03:46 PM
I called Disney today to make dining reservations for our upcoming trip. Due to the free dining, everything is pretty booked. So take a look at my ADR's and tell me if I will be disappointed or happy with what I got.

1. Narcoosee's
2. Nine Dragons
3. San Angel Inn
4. Cape May Cafe
5. Hollywood & Vine
6. Kona Cafe
7. Crystal Palace
8. Concourse Steakhouse

The only place we have been to is Crystal Palace and we loved it! I was really hoping I could get ADR's for Whispering Canyon, Le Cellier, Coral Reef and Wolfgang Puck... but they were all full for everyday we are there.

Any reviews for the restaurants above??

r4kids
08-22-2007, 04:01 PM
I called Disney today to make dining reservations for our upcoming trip. Due to the free dining, everything is pretty booked. So take a look at my ADR's and tell me if I will be disappointed or happy with what I got.

1. Narcoosee's
2. Nine Dragons
3. San Angel Inn
4. Cape May Cafe
5. Hollywood & Vine
6. Kona Cafe
7. Crystal Palace
8. Concourse Steakhouse

The only place we have been to is Crystal Palace and we loved it! I was really hoping I could get ADR's for Whispering Canyon, Le Cellier, Coral Reef and Wolfgang Puck... but they were all full for everyday we are there.

Any reviews for the restaurants above??

Alot of people like many of the dining locations you have selected. So I will give you our experiences:

San Angel Inn- We did not enjoy this at all, we left hungry, the kids couldn't eat any of their meal and the waiter we had was terrible.

Hollywood and Vine- We love this one, it has great entertainment and great food. If the kids were still into Little Einsteins we would go again.

Concourse Steakhouse- Excellent meal, great service, we are doing this again in Sept.

Other than that, keep trying if you want to change your ressies. I have called 3/4 times a day. I told the last CM I was most likely driving them crazy and she laughed and said everybody does it. Good luck!!
30 days!!!!!

bethanne6245
08-22-2007, 04:03 PM
We have only been to Hollywood and Vine, Cape May and Concourse.
My family and I love the Concourse! They have some great steaks. If you have kids they had a great kids menu too. We went to Cape May for breakfast and didnt really like it too much. Hollywood and Vine was also liked by all. I hear great things about Kona Cafe, just haven't dined there yet.
Just think you'll be in Disney,everything tastes better there!!!

TBY2225
08-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Kona Cafe is my favorite! We are dining there 2 times in a few weeks during free dining. If you like fish try the Mahi-Mahi it is to die for!

SurferStitch
08-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Narcoossee's is our favorite! We've eaten there many times (at least once every trip), and every single time was fantastic! We will be dining there again in December.

Kona was pretty good. Our dinner was great, and we will probably eat there again, although not this upcoming trip (not a must do for us). The crab cakes were delicious. Breakfast was great, and we will be having breakfast there again in December.

We love Nine Dragons. The food is above average for Chinese food, and the service is spectacular. We didn't get to eat there last year, but I plan to get there this year.

We've only done Crystal Palace for breakfast, but it's always excellent, and we will be doing breakfast again in December.

We ate at the San Angel Inn once, and we were not impressed at all. My entree looked like a mashed up pile of "stuff", and the flavor was kind of bland. We were stuck at a table as far away from the river as you can get, and the place was only about 25% full. Service was lackluster, and we could hardly understand our server. That was about 4 years ago, and we haven't been back since.

We've never done Concourse, but we are this year. DH wanted to try it before it's closed next year. The menu looks great.

Rayadragon
08-22-2007, 04:40 PM
Narcossee's was probably the best meal of our last trip. I'd highly recommend the somewhat odd sounding mint and raspberry mousse dessert if they still have it.

Kona Cafe (dinner) was probably our second best meal. Super yummy teriyaki steak and desserts. Yummy crab cakes.

We enjoyed Hollywood and Vine (dinner) but not quite as much as CP. The food was way above average for a buffet.

I've eaten at both San Angel Inn and the Concourse, but it's been long enough that I don't remember much about them. I remember they were good, but nothing in particular is sticking out in my mind about them.

tiaramom
08-22-2007, 05:08 PM
No.. to San angel ( terrible!!!)

irish1967
08-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Haven't been to any of the others - but

I recently chose Kona Cafe for a January trip with the "girls" (3 of us going, each picked a restaurant for a different night)

Concourse Steakhouse is also one we have gone to repeatedly in the past.

jenperich
08-22-2007, 05:30 PM
The only two that I have eaten at are Kona and Crystal Palace. IMHO, they are two of the best restaurants! I have been to Kona for breakfast...DELICIOUS!!! And, I went to CP for lunch, also great food!

On the other hand, I too have an ADR at Narcoosee's and San Angel Inn. Narcoosee's sounds great, but now I'm not sure about San Angel Inn. My boyfriend is getting better with his eating, but he is still really picky. So, I'm really not sure about San Angel. But, I guess we'll figure it all out.

I personally think that you'll have a great time eating in the World. It looks like you have some great choices. Happy Eating!!!

J.T.Toad
08-22-2007, 07:18 PM
My Advice
Keep calling back ( daily )

1. LaCelliar
2. Ohanas
3. Try a dinner show
a. hoop de due
b. Spirt of Aloha
c. Mickeys Backyard BBQ
4. Wispering Canyon
5. Liberty Tree Tavern
6. Cape May
7. Hollywood and Vine
8. Concorse Steakhouse
9. Spoodles
10. Big River Grill and Brewing Works
11. Kona Cafe " Tonga Toast"

SignguyTom
08-22-2007, 07:23 PM
I absolutely LOVE the San Angel Inn. Been there twice and each time was one of the best meals of our trip. The only downfalls, IMHO, are that it is very dark, and that the tables are a little close together. My experiences there have been excellent and I would recommend it to anyone.

The only other restaurant on your list that I can speak on is Hollywood & Vine. The food was good, but it was loud. The chairs are metal and loud. They are also either very heavy or very light. Can't remember which. I just remember getting tricked each time I got up to visit the buffet :eat:

Lessie
08-22-2007, 07:26 PM
I think these are very good choices... and lots of very popular choices!

Narcoosee's is WONDERFUL and definitely one of the very best at WDW, so you will not be disappointed! Same goes for Kona Café. Its great at breakfast, lunch and dinner… and the desserts are fabulous!

Several others have had negative reviews of San Angel Inn, and while the food is not the best at WDW, its certainly not bad. The atmosphere, however, is wonderful, and for me, that has always always been enough to make it a favorite stop.

Have fun and enjoy! :mickey:

LoriMistress
08-22-2007, 09:41 PM
Your ADRs are pretty good surprisingly since you decided to call today to make your ADRs. Unfortunately you have to make your ADrs at the 180 day mark of your vacation every time. People have caught on now, and now people are making their ADRs ASAP. Your choices are good, but what really matters is your time for your ADRs. On the plus side, this will give you a good chance to try something new. You never know...maybe a new restaurant will be your next favorite place to eat.

BrerStitch
08-23-2007, 09:44 AM
I think your list of ADR's is actually pretty good. San Angel is a very romantic setting, when you get there ask to be seated near the water. Hollywood & Vine is also a great buffet! We really enjoyed the meal and then the waiter gave us the passes for the Fantasmic preferred seating, even though we were on Free Dining.

Jared
08-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Why are you disappointed? You secured a table at some great restaurants!

Kona Cafe and Cape May Cafe are two of my favorite places. My family tries to dine at both every trip.

We've also had good experiences at Crystal Palace and Hollywood & Vine.

We absolutely hated Nine Dragons and will not return.

:)

Kairi_7378
08-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Keep calling! Maybe you'll luck out and get a cancellation. It might be easier to get into LeCellier for lunch than for dinner. (Maybe a late lunch?)

Polynesian Dweller
08-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Narcoosees is one of the better restaurants at Disney with a view of the Seven Seas Lagoon, the Contemporary and the Magic Kingdom. If you are there for Wishes they pipe in the music and you get a good view of the fireworks.

Kona Kafe is one of our annual places. The food is good and you have that Poly atmosphere in the Great Ceremonial House.

We also like the San Angel though its not quite as high on our list, but mostly because we don't have enough nights on any given trip to fit in all the places we like.

dog-ears
08-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Here's my experience:

Nine Dragons - it's okay, not wonderful. We have gone to a lot of Chinese restaurants over the years and we didn't feel like this was anything special. Not bad, just not great.

San Angel Inn - the atmosphere is dark and romantic. The food can be a little on the spicy side in my experience.

Cape May Cafe - a great New England type clam bake buffet - there is something for everyone here and its all good.

Hollywood & Vine - The first time we went we were not impressed, the second time we were pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

Kona Cafe - love it for breakfast, have never been for any other meals but I think you will enjoy it.

NJGIRL
08-23-2007, 02:56 PM
We have been to the Crystal Palace and Cape May Cafe for breakfast and liked both of them. Pretty much the same food and the Cape May wasn't too crazy.

We go to the San Angels Inn every trip. It's a place with alot of atmosphere.

I like Hollywood and Vine alot! I like their selections. I thought the food was simple but very tasty.

We have been to LeCellier twice. I know it's not the popular opinion on this board but I think it's overrated. The place wasn't bad it was OK, but nothing out of the ordinary IMO.

The kids loved the Whispering Canyon. Once you are there check back with them everyday. Maybe you can get it on a cancellation.

moe513
08-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Are they all dinners?

San Angel in is fun. The place is beautiful and the food is okay

Cp is great for breakfast and dinner.

Cape may has a good breakfast and the clam bake gets good reviews.

We are trying Konas for dinner on our next trip. It gets great reviews.

PrincessTracie
08-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Are they all dinners?

Yup they are all dinners. Although I think now I am going to call and see if I can get a couple lunch times for Le Cellier and Coral Reef instead of Nine Dragons and San Angel Inn.

lockedoutlogic
08-23-2007, 08:58 PM
It seems that for the most part your choices are pretty good (I have been to all of them). Here are just a few recommendations:

Narcossee - As an FYI this is a 2 point meal although the prices are quite a bit more than your other choices so you will see why this is.
It's not my top choice for a 2 point meal (Jiko would be) but I'm sure you will enjoy your meal there.

Nine Dragons - Not a fan, nor is many of the people I have talked. I have found that the food is non distinguishable from a local Chinese restaurant and the service is sub-par. Realize that it is not run my Disney. You might want to try as a walk in Le Cellier (around 3:30-4pm). Never had a problem getting a seat then and the food is much better.

Wolfgang Puck - does not take reservations for the downstairs dining. I would not miss this if you have not gone. I have been there more times than I can count and have never been disappointed. You will mostly likely have to wait a little bit but there is plenty to keep you busy at Downtown Disney in the meantime.