PDA

View Full Version : Disney Room Makeover

julyjewel
08-22-2007, 03:02 PM
I am giving my daughter's room a makeover. We are going with a Snow White theme. I have seen the comforter sets on Ebay but where else can you get them? Any other suggestions for a Snow White room? thanks.:mickey:

poeticeclipse
08-22-2007, 04:12 PM
Ooooh! How fun! I would do lots of little apple details everywhere. Shadow boxes of trinkets that you can find in the Snow White movies might be cute. Oh! A big apple rug would be fun. You might want to do a search on wall decals. You could probably get tree decals that you basically stick to the wall. They're fun and won't look tacky. If you knew someone who is good with wood, you could have wooden letters spell out all of the dwarfs names and put them on the wall. I'm sure I'll think of more of these ideas... expect to see me return back here again.:D

Also, check out the Disney Shopping website if you haven't already. Don't forget about the clearance stuff too!!

NJBelle
08-22-2007, 04:46 PM
OOOOH! If you don't have all seven plush dwarves, you should get them! that'd make it more... idk... just more Snow White-ish. Make the room forest like and maybe a canopy over her bed would make it look like the forest scene (not the scary part! :)) in the movie. If she doesn't already have a plush Snow-White, then that would be a good idea to get that too. Maybe get a fake apple (you know... the wax kind that look good?) and place that on her dresser.

I hope this helps! Happy decorating!

MariJ
08-22-2007, 04:56 PM
awww! that is such a good idea!:thumbsup:
well you could get her to draw a picture of snow white and the dwarfs and put it up on the wall [and mabye frame it?]. it would add a personal touch and if you keep it after she grows out of the room then you can look back at it! [just remeber to date the picture!]
but yeah having all the soft toys of the dwarfs would really complete the look!
have fun with the transformation!

NJBelle
08-22-2007, 05:25 PM
BTW: I saw Snow White comfortors at a Disney Store. I think they had some of the other princesses on it too though.

pixiesmimi
08-22-2007, 11:04 PM
How neat! :) We just recently did my DGD's room in Tinkerbelle. We painted it the real Disney colors of Tink Green and Purple. I am making her bedspread like a quilt using Tink fabrics and sheets that match trimming them out to match the bedspread. You can find all kinds of coordinating fabrics for something like this and make one yourself that is cuter than the ready-made ones. Then we accented with Tink things around the room. We put the cling type of Tink decals on the walls that can be pulled off and repositioned and won't mess up the paint. It is turning out real cute. Google Snow White and see what is out there. There are some really cute and unusual things out there to give you ideas. I would use red, blue, yellow and black accents to match Snow White's dress.

julyjewel
08-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Keep the ideas coming! Does anyone have any idea where to get the Snow white bed in a bag twin set, other than Ebay? I'm really searching.

Disneyatic
08-23-2007, 05:30 PM
I am not as savvy on Snow White, so I may be wrong here, but...isn't this the movie that has "mirror, mirror on the wall who's the fairest of them all" ???
If so, you could look for a mirror that looks like this one and put it in a dressing/vanity area.

I love the idea of giving it a woodsy theme and incorporating apple touches!

It would be cute if you could find 7 small little chairs and stencil each Dwarf's name on them and line them up against a wall!