PDA

View Full Version : Depth at end of slides?

kcrc
08-22-2007, 01:51 PM
We're debating whether or not to add the water parks onto our passes for our next trip. My 9 year old and DH will be just fine. My concerns are with my 5 year old - that swims well but is still just 5 - and me - that doesn't swim much at all.

Do the slides have a lot of force at the ends that would be too strong for my 5 year old? I don't mean the really killer ones - but just the average ones?

Also, how deep is it at the end of the slides? Can you stand up? Or do you have to be able to swim away from the end of the slide?

Thanks for your help!!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-22-2007, 08:17 PM
The landing isn't too bad and the dept is only about 3-4'. You can stand up without a problem. You can go down first and wait for the little one to come down and pretty much almost catch them at the end. Just tell them you are waiting for a small child or they will tell you to get out of the water. Plus the life guards will assist as well if needed.

thrillme
08-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Ditto...3-4 ft. The force is only enough to push them towards the steps. I haven't seen even the littlest have a problem yet.

The life guards are pretty on the ball to be sure they come out.

If you're really concerned you can always put her in a life jacket. They're free and readily available.

The first couple of times I'd send my DS first then send her down and then follow. The only reason I say this is because I experienced a child in front of me (actually he was only about 2) totally freak about going down the slide. The parents BOTH went first (for whatever reason) leaving the boy and young sister alone. The girl was dying to go but little brother refused. The lifeguards are really good about looking out for the little ones. It's much better if somebody stays up top unless your DS is really into thrilling slides.

lockedoutlogic
08-23-2007, 09:15 PM
You probably want to stick to Blizzard Beach. Since the waterpark was built more recently the depths and force at the bottom are less intimidating than those at Typhoon Lagoon.