PDA

View Full Version : Spoodles, Ragland Rd, Whispering Canyon

kjmom
08-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Making ADR's for December trip. Could you guys please give me input on Ragland Rd, Spoodles, Whispering Canyon, & Rose & Crown.
I know it's several but in all the times we have been to the World we haven't tried these.:mickey:

Tygger7
08-22-2007, 01:20 PM
I can comment on Whispering Canyon...we love it! Not only is the food great, but the atmosphere is awesome. It's so much fun! But don't let the name fool you...no body "whispers" there. :mickey: Oh, and be sure to ask for ketchup.:D

wire0monkey
08-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Raglan Road has okay, but not great food. It's trying hard for upscale, but is only a little better than Applebee's. The presentation was lovely. The dining room is terribly loud. The music was great.

Rose and Crown had really good "pub style" food. The appetizers were wonderful. The dining room wasn't too loud, but the pub part of the building was really loud. There was a performer, but I couldn't hear her from the dining room area.

If I were going to choose a British/Irish style restaurant, Rose and Crown wins hands down. I thought their food was much better.

Plus, the wait staff are all adorable at Rose and Crown. Cute, college age interns from the UK.

boobalk
08-22-2007, 02:54 PM
WC...excellent food, rowdy atmosphere, not too pricey. (be sure to ask for ketchup & straws). :thumbsup:

Rose & crown...good food, excellent place to view Illuminations if you can get lagoon-side seating. :thumbsup:

Will be trying Spoodles on our next journey in "09.

Tink's Mom
08-22-2007, 04:09 PM
O.K. folks, try not to beat me up too bad on this one, but, we were really disappointed in Whispering Canyon. We did not care for the food at all. I would still say that maybe you should try it once. Hopefully you will have a better experience that we did. :)

chechas
08-22-2007, 04:14 PM
We are trying Raglan Rd for the first time next weekend so I will let you know how it goes.

Love Whispering Canyon - my daughter gets a hoot out of it and always is in the wooden horse race.

Haven't tried Spoodles yet though

jenperich
08-22-2007, 07:49 PM
I've only been to Whispering Canyon for breakfast, but it was WONDERFUL!!! It has a great atmosphere and it's really fun!! The wait staff is really great and I know we really enjoyed it.

maizey05
08-23-2007, 03:02 PM
The only one I've tried was Raeglan Rd. It was one of our best meals, during our stay! Our food was certainly many steps above Applebees!! We though everything was absolutely fabulous, the service included. We weren't there during the entertainment, so it wasn't loud at all. The Raeglan Risotto was THE BEST, and the desserts are out of this world.

miasmom
08-23-2007, 06:08 PM
I think Spoodles is one of the best restaurants at WDW.

I like the fun at WC, but the food is mediocre (although there is certainly a lot of it, so that could be considered a plus I guess.)

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-31-2007, 01:55 PM
I have only tried Raglan Road. We went there last Sept and loved it. It is owned by a guy from Ireland and they have a band of Irishman that play. It is great if you like a upscale casual pub style restaurant. They have a great beer sampler too.

I haven't tried Spoodles but will be eating there in Sept.

floridamom
08-31-2007, 02:01 PM
We enjoyed Whispering Canyon for breakfast. It was fun for the kids and very convenient since we were staying at WL.

We had heard good things about Spoodles, but found the menu selection and service there quite disappointing when we dined there last year. I would recommend checking out the menu in info central to make sure the choices appeal to you. One good thing about our experience was that our girls really enjoyed all the goings-on at the Boardwalk after dinner.

Good luck!:mickey:

laprana
08-31-2007, 02:08 PM
I have only been to WC and Spoodles, but thought both were great. We decided to try Spoodles on our last trip, and we were a little skeptical if we would like it or not after we looked at the menu. But, it turned out to be one of our group's favorite meals, and my favorite dinner the entire trip! Very, very good food and a nice atmosphere. We've been to WC twice and liked it very much both times. The food was tasty, but the real reason to go there is the FUN! I think it's one of the most entertaining places in WDW to eat, even if you're just sitting back and watching everything. Have a great time!

SBETigg
08-31-2007, 02:22 PM
We had an excellent meal at Raglan Road, good food, terrific service and the live music (after 9 pm) was a lot of fun. To disagree with a previous poster, it was nothing like Applebee's. I really hate Applebee's, where everything is dry, overcooked, and pretty standard. Our food at Raglan Road was fresh, abundant, perfectly prepared, and definitely offered innovative twists on standard Irish favorites. We also had a good meal at Rose & Crown. Both places surprised us with much better than expected food quality and outstanding service.

Crow
08-31-2007, 09:43 PM
WC ive eaten at twice and think its ok, not that great and doubt i will eat there again
Rose & Crown...not as good as it was. i skipped it last trip and this trip except for :beer::beer:
RR i had :beer: at and am thinking about eating there. i ate next door at Cookes which is CS and it was great