PDA

View Full Version : Florida in the fall

PNWmom
08-22-2007, 11:14 AM
We will be at WDW for Halloween, what is Florida like at this time in the fall? Will the leaves on the trees be green, changing color or gone? Fog in the mornings or evenings? I've heard it should be in the 80's during the day and not so humid, but what else should we expect?

faline
08-22-2007, 11:49 AM
While some trees do lose their leaves in the fall, you will find plenty of trees that are green regardless of what time of year you visit.

I have, on occasion, seen early morning fog but only rarely.

Generally, weather is quite nice though evening can be cool enough for jeans and a sweatshirt.

Crowds are generally moderate and quite manageable.

Dawneeeey
08-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Fall is my favorite time to be in WDW. The weather is typically warm during the day (80s) and a little bit cool at night (bring a sweater).

I never noticed the leaves changing like up here in New England. But like Faline said, the crowds aren't bad and the weather's nice. :mickey:

DisneyTwinsMommy
08-22-2007, 12:47 PM
The fall is a very nice time of year in WDW, it's not awful summer hot, but still hot... I doubt you will see leaves changing... Just remember, most of the fall is still in hurricane season, so beware... that is the only reason we go in the spring, then in the november/december time frame...

Figgyluv03
08-22-2007, 12:58 PM
I love Disney in the fall. I wish I could have stayed longer during my CP, but after 9-11, I just needed to be home with my family. The weather is perfect and I can't wait to go back next October. Oh, if you have car, and have some time, head down to Celebration. They always have a Fall Festive and also have "leaves" falling. It's alot of fun!

boobalk
08-22-2007, 03:33 PM
We always go in Oct. The weather is better. Little cooler in the day, and we have once or twice need light jackets in the evening. Crowds are a little smaller. And you'll be there for the Epcot Food & Wine Fest. What a great opportunity to "eat and drink your way around the World"! :thumbsup: Down side is that some park hours are shorter :( and some fireworks display shcedules may be different. :mickey:

Tinkerfreak
08-23-2007, 08:39 AM
That is our favorite time of year to go. Sometimes it can even seem a little hot to us northerners but we have only had rain once for about an hour and that has been it. We love to see all of the flowers and everything looks so green to us because for us there is nothing green at this time of year.

MinnieMommie
08-23-2007, 08:10 PM
I agree with all the other posters. Fall is a beautiful time to visit. Halloween is a great night to be there. I highly recommend Mickey's Halloween party in the MK. :mickey: