PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for staying at POFQ w/ a baby?

DisneyGrrrl
08-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Our trip is 5 weeks away, but I'm starting to get a little nervous about the sleeping arrangments. Our 10 month old DD will be with us and she's never slept anywhere but her own crib in her own room. We are bringing her pack and play but how do you manage not to wake the baby since there are no seperate rooms?

I've stayed at POFQ 4 times before and I know how loud the toilets flushing can be, the doors from other rooms slamming, people walking past your room and being loud, etc. Any suggestions so we all get good sleep for five days? Thanks!:thumbsup:

DisneyGrrrl
08-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Moderators - can you please move this to the Accomodations folder? I can't believe I posted it to the Dining forum. Wrong place!! Sorry! :blush:

BedknobsandBroomsticks
08-22-2007, 12:03 PM
I know how you feel and it can be a nervous time travelling with a baby but try to relax because she'll be fine. She'll respond to your emotions so be reassuring and firm and just lay her in the pack and play and say goodnight. If she never slept in it before, do a trial run at grandma's or something. Put in the pack and play to sleep for naps, from now until you leave for disney. The two best things to take would be a "noise machine", like the kind found at sharper image. They produce a variety of sounds from white noise to ocean waves. We never travel without one. It helps to block out doors, talking etc. Also take along her favorite blanket, toy to remind her of her crib at home. The bathroom at POFQ has a curtain that pulls across in front of the sink area, you could put the pack and play in there and she would have a little privacy and so would you. You would have to wait to use the bathroom in the morning or risk waking her so go before you go to bed! Don't laugh, but once we even put the pack and play in a bathroom (it was big), and our daughter slept like a champ. Remember, she'll probably be so tired after a day at the parks she could sleep next to freight train. Good luck and don't worry. Have a great time.

Madame Leona
08-22-2007, 12:32 PM
We took ds to Disney for the first time when he was 11 months. We used the pack and play they provided but put it right next to my side of the bed. If he woke up in the middle of the night I was quickly able to soothe him. He did however end up sleeping in bed with us several nights but that was due to a broken leg that was making him uncomfortable. (I'm really not a bad mom. Two doctors and a nurse advised us to still take him on vacation. He did not need a cast and they felt spending so much time in a stroller and being carried around the parks would allow for the leg to heal faster. I called his pediatrician and she agreed. He was back on his feet by the end of the trip.)

4myprincesses
08-22-2007, 10:25 PM
I am stressing the same thing a bit. We leave in 11 days to head to POFQ and our girls just turned one, and yes girls...twins. We have two rooms as you aren't allowed more than one infant in a room (even if you only have two adults) and are getting their pack and play.
Question: Do they provide bedding for the pack and play or should I bring my own?
I like the suggestion of putting them in the closet/sink area. Then we can still catch a little tv or reading before bed, but as high up as those beds are, I would be nervous putting my two in our bed as they are lightning quick and as quiet as a whisper.
It'll work out in the end, the Florida sun and heat has always taken the life out of my older two, so it will likely have the same effect on the younger two as well.

ElenitaB
08-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle as we move this thread over to the Accomodations board!

disneynarula
08-23-2007, 07:48 AM
I know this sounds a little crazy buy we also put our son to sleep in the bathroom. I just read another post where they said they did it too. Now I don't feel so bad.

It is really dark in there and that way you do not have to go to sleep at the same time as your baby.

The only disadvantage to this is if you need to use it in the middle of the night. If it is a real emergency you could always walk to one of the main buildings.

This has worked really well for us in the past in other hotels.

DisneyGrrrl
08-23-2007, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't have a problem putting her in the bathroom, but is it big enough to put a pack and play in? I wouldn't think so, but I've never tried.

DisneyTwinsMommy
08-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Quote: (It didnt work right...sorry)
I am stressing the same thing a bit. We leave in 11 days to head to POFQ and our girls just turned one, and yes girls...twins. We have two rooms as you aren't allowed more than one infant in a room (even if you only have two adults) and are getting their pack and play.

Is this true?????? :stop: