PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever notice beer temperature at...

alittleGrumpy
08-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Ok, this may seem a little silly but at every table service place that we ate at last week, the temperature of the beer seemed a little off for my taste.

We ate at, and I had a beer (Miller Lite) at Jiko's, Coral Reef, 50's Prime Time, Ohanas and Concourse and everyone the beer was a cool lukewarm.

Now on the flip side, the beer that I purchased and put in the fridge at CBR (that i turned down to as cold as possible :thumbsup:) was great!

Don't know if it had something to do with the soaring temps outside, or it was just me but wanted to know if anyone else had noticed this.
Thanks!

Clotho
08-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Maybe there are keeping the um...I don't know how to put this...but..."cheaper" beers at microbrew temps. That is to say, I find that beers like Bud, Miller, and Corona (one of my fave summer refreshsers, BTW) taste better very very cold. But that is not true for craft beers, which should be kept at a little warmer temperature, or it stifles the taste. They may be storing them all together at that lower temperature than you like?

Horizon93
08-22-2007, 06:49 PM
I have not noticed this. I mostly have beer in Epcot, in the UK, Mexico, and Germany. It always tastes perfect to me :beer:

ckaranassos
08-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Hey, "Real Men of Genius" drink Bud. :D My husband loves his Miller lite cold and found the same problem last year. But again it was very hot. So that could be an issue. I drank the frozen drinks and they were nice and frosty.:blush:

Crow
08-22-2007, 10:27 PM
after a few u dont notice:beer:
ill have to conduct a study next month

DisneyTeen
08-23-2007, 08:02 AM
I think its due to the high volume of traffic of guest going to the Restaurants. With the high volume, more dishes are being washed, and in a restaurant, dishes, glasses whatever are normally washed in a big dishwasher that is set to very hot. If its busy when you are ordering, one of the glasses that the beer is served in could have just came out of the washer, leaving the glass warm and your beer as well.

Clotho
08-23-2007, 02:49 PM
I think its due to the high volume of traffic of guest going to the Restaurants. With the high volume, more dishes are being washed, and in a restaurant, dishes, glasses whatever are normally washed in a big dishwasher that is set to very hot. If its busy when you are ordering, one of the glasses that the beer is served in could have just came out of the washer, leaving the glass warm and your beer as well.

Good point. BY the same token, if you are drinking from the bottle, the bottle rotation in the fridges may be in high gear as well. Sometimes the backup beers are stored in larger fridges and then moved to the bar or stations, but sometimes if you go through that, you have to "tap" the supply not at ideal temperature (in boxes in the "basement" or what have you) which would not be up to temp yet.

lockedoutlogic
08-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Hmmm....let me see if I can deduce the problem:

Warm Beer the problem? no.....don't think so

Atmosphere?.....nope...doesn't seem to be it...

Skunky?...highly doubt that at WDW.....

Wait...it just came to me...we're talking about "Bud, Miller, Coors Light" here?

Perhaps you're just drinking the worst beer on Earth...or something that is just a shade above turpentine?

Think?....

Many of the restaurants and parks...especially EPCOT offer a fine array of REAL Beer...try one

Clotho
08-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Many of the restaurants and parks...especially EPCOT offer a fine array of REAL Beer...try one

Um...that was a bit rude.
I agree, these are cheaper beers with less complex flavors, but some people prefer that, period. No need to insult them or their choices.

Bad form. :down:

Mandykay
08-24-2007, 06:15 AM
Whoaaaa.........that WAS rude and uncalled for! Where's one of those moderators now?

But to answer your question...the only places I've been able to get a REALLY cold beer were at Le Cellier and the ESPN Club. The Canadians know how to keep their beer cold:beer:

lockedoutlogic
08-24-2007, 06:59 AM
maybe a little below the belt...I admit....

But I am insulting the Beer....not those who drink it....

...for the record.

Stickey
08-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Lukewarm beer?:mad:
I have never experienced this problem at WDW.

The only style of beer that should be served at cellar temperature would be a cask conditioned beer on tap.
Perhaps the hot temps led to increases in demand, which exceeded the supply of properly chilled beer.

:beer::beer: