PDA

View Full Version : One wway car rental Disney to Tampa??

spoiledraf
08-22-2007, 07:47 AM
I need to rent a car for four days after we check out, to go to Tampa to visit family and then drop it off at Tampa Airport. I know some of the hotels by Downtown Disney have on site rentals and there is an aouto center at Disney. Anybody know where I can get a car close to a Downtown Disney hotel? I'll be spending my last night off site on Hotel Plaza Blvd. The one way part may be s cost problem.

EpcotNut
08-22-2007, 08:42 AM
There is a Budget desk at the Doubletree. I did check and it looks like you can pick up a rental there. I have done drop-offs there, but I wasn't sure about pick-ups. It looks like you can, though. Go to the budget web site and just put in your pick up city as Lake Buena Vista, FL and it will come up as the 2nd option. That should work for you! Good luck.:thumbsup:

angedeaile
08-22-2007, 03:48 PM
I don't know what company you plan on using, but we plan on using Avis on our next trip. We plan on picking ours up at the Hilton, since it is so close to DTD.

Hilton Hotel at Disney World - LB3
1751 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL

On our past trip, we used Alamo at the Car Care Center. It was closer to MK, but well worth it if you find a better deal through Alamo.

BTW- Most major car rental companies have shuttles free of charge that can pick you up and drop you off.

PrincessEmmasMommy
08-22-2007, 05:09 PM
We rented One way from the Avis desk at the Hilton to the Ft. Myers airport in July. They were the best price we could find and we did shop around.
Good luck!
Jen

yasmina
08-23-2007, 09:24 AM
I need to rent a car for four days after we check out, to go to Tampa to visit family and then drop it off at Tampa Airport. I know some of the hotels by Downtown Disney have on site rentals and there is an aouto center at Disney. Anybody know where I can get a car close to a Downtown Disney hotel? I'll be spending my last night off site on Hotel Plaza Blvd. The one way part may be s cost problem.

We did this exact thing 2 years ago with no problems. We rented from the Car Care Center at the entrance to the MK, then returned the car to the Tampa airport. This year we rented a car from the Hilton in DTD. We returned it there, but I'm sure you could make arrangements to return it in Tampa. It was a major car rental company, but I don't remember which one. You could probably call the Hilton and find out, or look online.

Poohbear Fan
08-23-2007, 11:31 AM
National has a rental desk at the Buena Vista Palace Hotel and at the Dolphin. I have not rented from either, but my brother has a reservation to pick up a car from the Dolphin location and will be returning it to the Tampa airport for our upcoming trip.

There is also supposedly a National desk at the Car Care Center near MK, but I have heard that it is now closed. It is still listed on National's web site as a rental location, though.

I always rent from National and can usually find really good prices through them. Check around to find a Contract ID and coupon for your rental...National has some really good ones available either through their web site, through the Entertainment Book, or through various other sites.

Also, I have found that if you check back periodically after you have made a reservation that sometimes the rate will go down as you get closer to your rental date. It's always worth a check! :D

Poohbear