PDA

View Full Version : Return flight does not leave

luvdiznee
08-22-2007, 07:35 AM
until 3:50 PM. :cloud9:So what would you do with the extra time? This is for a trip in a few months where we will be staying at BWI. I don't think we will be going to a park that day. Although, anything is possible. :thumbsup:And any idea time as to when DME will be around to pick us up? Thanks :mickey:

IloveJack
08-22-2007, 08:14 AM
On our last day, we went to Boma for breakfast (and to see the AKL, where we'd eventually like to stay), then we spent some time at DTD, getting those last few things that we'd wanted, before taking a lazy boat ride back to POR. We didn't want to pay for less than half a day at a park, so we spent time outside the parks. It was a nice ending to our trip.
ME will most likely pick you up 3 hours before take off. However, our flight left at 8:40, and our slip said that we were to be at the front, ready for ME, at 5:30. They showed up at 5:15. So don't push it too much and be late.

mrsgaribaldi
08-22-2007, 08:30 AM
We like to go to Downtown Disney and do a little shopping and grab a bite to eat:thumbsup:
Some people like to hang out by the pool. We usually get an early flight home to avoid the problwm:mickey:

Lacy
08-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Enjoy a relaxing morning at your resort. Then head to Downtown Disney for some last minute shopping. I like having a late flight so I have a day to relax while still enjoying WDW! If you're like us it is hard to spend too much time relaxing at the parks!

WelshieLover
08-22-2007, 08:47 AM
My husband and sons love the Fantasia Gardens mini-golf that you can walk to from the BWI. Go over to the Swan and Dolphin walk through their grounds and cross the street the mini-golf course is right there.

Madame Leona
08-22-2007, 09:00 AM
I would get up early to get packed and checked out then head out to a nice breakfast. Then head back to your hotel. Our dme pick up has always been 15-20 minutes earlier than what the slip said. We did miss it once due to this problem.

LauraF
08-22-2007, 09:02 AM
Expect DME to pickup about 3 hours prior to your flight. On non-park days I tend to go to DTD until the right time comes.

disneyfan328
08-22-2007, 09:03 AM
I concur with the pp that DME will be picking you up 3 hours prior to your flight so for you thatis around 12:30 - 1pm so depending on what time you get up and have breakfast you may not have much time to really "go" anywhere other than maybe hanging around your resort and relax. You don't want to get caught running out of time to get back to the hotel in time but if you are early risers you should be ok to go and do some shopping or mini golf. Our flight out on our return is 8:50pm so we are going to head to DTD and shop have lunch and then head back to the hotel to swim until its time for DME to pick us up.

Have a great trip.

luvdiznee
08-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Thanks for all the ideas. There's no problem in trying to figure out some last minute fun. I think we are going to do a "Beach Club Buffet" :eat::vacation:for breakfast. Then try to work it off on the surrey bikes.:bike:

Lizzie
08-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Besides the mini golf there is always Disney Quest, and you can always take the morning to enjoy your hotel and the pool.

The Bookseller
08-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Me and my friends have as a tradition to end our trip with a breakfast at Crystal Palace. The food is good, Winnie is there and we got a great view of the Castle. :cloud9:

faline
08-23-2007, 05:59 AM
I always try to get a bit of park in on my last day. Given your location, I'd probably go to Epcot for a little while that morning (after an early breakfast) and then walk back to my resort in time to catch the bus.

vamaggie
08-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Depending on 1) what length of tickets you have, 2) how early you rise & get moving 3) which park has EMH 4) how much you want to do, you could hit a park in the am before DME picks you up. If you have the day on your ticket, you may want to see how the rest of the trip goes and take in a few favs before you leave. When they changed our flight leave at 5pm (instead of 2) we added a day to our PH tickets in case we wanted to get some last park time in (or even a last breakfast in the parks). The cost was so small that even if we go for a few hours it will be worth it. I would make a few plans (A, B, C) and see how the rest of your trip goes.