PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from resort to 'Ohana and Boma

Inkdrainer
08-22-2007, 12:23 AM
I have 2 early breakfast reservations (before 8:30 am) for both 'Ohana and Boma during our upcoming November trip, and wonder if I have the easiest way there figured out correctly?

We are staying at All-Star Movies. So for Boma we were thinking go to Animal Kingdom, and then get a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

And for 'Ohana, get a bus to Magic Kingdom, and then the monorail to the Polynesian.

Is this right, or is there a better way you might know of? :mickey:

faline
08-22-2007, 05:01 AM
The only way I could think of would be to take a cab.

CanadianWDWFan
08-22-2007, 08:22 AM
The only way I could think of would be to take a cab.
I agree with Linda, sure it may cost a bit, but you will get there on time and not have to waste any time waitng for buses.

When we have to travel from resort to resort it is always by cab.

IloveJack
08-22-2007, 08:32 AM
I have 2 early breakfast reservations (before 8:30 am) for both 'Ohana and Boma

And for 'Ohana, get a bus to Magic Kingdom, and then the monorail to the Polynesian.

I want to give you one word of warning about using the monorail to the Poly early in the morning. We had 8:10 ressies there, and used the monorail to get from EPCOT to the Poly. We were almost late because at that early in the morning, they are performing "safety checks" on the monorail trains, and had to stop and sit three times for about 5-10 mins each. So if you do use this form of transportation, give yourself plenty of time to get there.
However, we had absolutely no problem getting to Boma in the morning. We left early, due to the problems with O'hana, and got there 35 mins. early. Just rode the bus to AK, then back to AKL.

belleandcinderellasmom
08-22-2007, 11:15 AM
We too have reservations for 8:30 at O'Hana on 9/10/07 and will be going from the Pop. How much does cab fare run for a family of 4 to the Poly?

Inkdrainer
08-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Thanks everybody for replying! This is the first time we've had breakfast reservations, much less at other resorts!

btuskan
08-22-2007, 04:58 PM
A cab will cost about $20 to $25 and you can request a van for your family of 4. If you decide to use disney transportation you'll have to catch a bus between 6:30 am and 7am and I'm not sure if they're even running yet? Especially to those parks that don't have early entry. Disney recommends giving yourself 2 hours to travel from resort to resort. Good Luck!

DaisylovesDonald
08-23-2007, 07:52 PM
You should look up if the day going to Ohana's has EMH for MK or EPCOT. If they have them for MK, there will most likely be more buses coming around. If they have EMH at EPCOT, there should be more buses to EPCOT, and you can take the monorail to the TTC and walk to the Poly. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
08-23-2007, 09:56 PM
A cab for sure.
But..I have to say when we have had the experiences of asking for a cab to take us from the WL to the Poly., (twice) we were offered a ride from the bellhops in a beautiful huge white SUV. They always accomodate us instead..I don't think I could've pulled that off if I tried, we were just lucky I guess! I loved it tho, felt like VIP's, and heard some fun tidbits about the resorts!

A Big Kid
08-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Dont fret too much about the exact ADR time. They will be automatically be held for 30 minutes past your time. If you call and tell them you are on your way and will be late, they will hold them a few minutes longer.