PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Plan

iDisney
08-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Hello and good evening to you all. (Wow! I can sound all formal-like!) I am pleased to announce that I will be visiting WDW in January. We will be staying at the Pop Century Resort from January 11th through the 16th. We have 5 day park hoppers with the dining plan. We will not be visiting any parks on the 11th because it appears that the only flight we can get in doesn't arrive until 6:10 PM. Even though our tickets are 5 days, we are staying 6 nights, will we receive meals for all 6 nights or only the 5 that we have tickets for?

Also, can anyone suggest anyplace that is a must-eat? We get the one table service and one counter service meal per day. I am not worried about the snack as that will be done on a whim.

Thanks in advance!

Mickey 101
08-22-2007, 12:28 AM
Since your tickets are park hoppers and not length-of-stay, I would think you would have meals for the number of days on your tickets. Hopefully someone will be along soon to verify this.

Some places not to miss are:

Hollywood Brown Derby - MGM

California Grill - Contemporary

'Ohana - Polynesian

robhink
08-22-2007, 01:15 AM
The Dining Plan is tied to the number of nights on your package, so if you are there for 6 nights, you will have 6 CS credits and 6 TS credits to use.

KAJUNKING
08-22-2007, 01:29 AM
Rob is correct, the dining plan is tied to the number of nights of your stay and has nothing to do with your tickets, i would recommend le cellier, san angel inn, and if you want some character dining chef mickeys is great and crystal palace is good also :thumbsup:

Natazu
08-22-2007, 01:44 AM
Jym's Top-7 "Must Eat" WDW Restaurants on the Dining Plan:
7. Grand Floridian Café
6. Le Cellier
5. Marrakesh
4. Wolfgang Puck Café
3. Kona Café
2. Narcoossee’s (2 credits)
1. California Grill (2 credits)

jszczur5
08-22-2007, 01:47 AM
The Dining Plan is tied to the number of nights on your package, so if you are there for 6 nights, you will have 6 CS credits and 6 TS credits to use.

I agree.

nicster
08-23-2007, 01:52 AM
I can't add much to what has been said, except... This gives you an excellent opp to take advantage of the Hoop-Dee-Doo or one of the other 2 credit dinner packages. Have a great time!:mickey:

Mandykay
08-23-2007, 06:56 AM
My Favorite Table Service

Liberty Tree Tavern (MK)
Le Cellier(E)
Chefs de France (E)
O'hana (Poly)
Cape May Buffett (Beach Club)
BOMA!!!!! (Animal Kingdom Lodge)

If you go to Boma make sure you wander outside to check out the savannah!

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-24-2007, 08:06 AM
We really enjoy the Liberty Tree Tavern character dinner at MK. We also like Mama Mel Rose Italian in MGM.

We are utilizing the DDP for the 1st time this year, too.

Because of all the good reviews, we made reservations for these:
Le Cellier
Ohana's
Teppanyaki (closed for now... will try again)
Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace
Garden Grill
Hollywood & Vine Playhouse Disney Breakfast
Maya Grill
Whispering Canyon

(These are not in any order of importance)

Hope you enjoy, whatever you decide.

You are going at a GREAT time of the year. We've been at this time...low crowds...nice weather...ahhhh.

disneycouple2004
08-24-2007, 08:33 AM

EXACTLY !!....:exactly:

Kairi_7378
08-24-2007, 08:39 AM
CA Grill is a great deal on the dining plan. I haven't eaten at Narcoossee’s (yet) but they look like they would be a good deal too. I like the Brown Derby but I think I'd pay OOP for that next time.
As far as counter service goes, I think one of the best values is the shwarma meal at Tangerine Cafe. It is large enough to share between 2 people!