PDA

View Full Version : Dining for one....

CaptainSad
08-21-2007, 11:05 PM
I am going down Dec 16th- Dec 23rd. I would like any body's feedback on what they did for dining at WDW as a single. I am planning one big breakfast(Crystal Palace) and dinner (Italian at EPCOT) while there, and hitting lite snacks during other times. How easy is it to get reservations for one. And how does Disney handle singles. I don't want to sit in the corner or sit with others. Don't get me wrong, I am very sociable and I'm married but I just want to relax and enjoy Disney by myself this time. No there is nothing wrong with my marriage. It is a Christmas gift I have always wanted. Believe me, I gave her the present she always wanted. $$$$ I plan on taking over 2000 photo's this time. Something I couldn't do in the other 27 times down.

Rich

Crow
08-21-2007, 11:22 PM
ive been there solo a few times
u dont have to worry about others.
enjoy

cheshirecollector
08-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Many table service restaurants have tables for two; those will be where they'll seat you (though there are a few restaurants where they seat everyone together, such as Biergarten). I imagine it's a lot easier to get a reservation for one of those smaller tables, since there are probably more families than couples at WDW at any given time.

I've eaten most of my WDW meals alone, and I never felt like they put me "in a corner".

awaggett
08-22-2007, 06:12 PM
I travel to Orlando a bunch for work and always head to the "world" for at least one dinner. Eating at the bar at California Grill is perfect and the bartenders are really nice. You can talk as much (or as little!) as you like. I've also eaten at Artist Point (excellent), and Kona. I've never had a bad time by myself--sometimes it is more enjoyable!

Hammer
08-22-2007, 10:57 PM
I have traveled to WDW solo many times and I always eat at table service restaurants. With the exception of the San Angel Inn, I have had great service. I got to have great conversations with many of my servers, not to mention flirting with the waiters at Chefs de France ;) . If you search the FAQ- Vacation Planning and search for posts by me, you can read portions of one of my solo trips. Enjoy the solo experience!

DDuck66
08-23-2007, 09:22 AM
While it is always easier to get ADR's for small parties, one or two people, I would definatly try and call ahead for at least a couple of meals. That is one of the busier times at the "World" and ADR's are hard to come by.