PDA

View Full Version : Shoes

almccart
08-21-2007, 06:44 PM
I know that this is a silly question!! If i am on my feet for more that 2 hours, I am required to wear special insoles in my shoes. I know that i will be on my feet for way more than 2 hours. I can not get these in soles wet. If i ride on the rides that you get wet, does any of them get you soaking wet. Do you think that the inside of my shoes would get very wet?? Sorry, I know that this is a silly question, but i had to ask!!:blush:

Mnchknbrat1982
08-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Not an answer to your question. However, what about getting you a pair of flip flops or something to wear while you are on the ride? So that if they get wet not a big deal. Then after the ride you could change back into your other shoes? Just a thought.

Bluesky481
08-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids are both pretty hit-or-miss (though you have a much greater chance of getting "soaked" on Kali).

Just an idea...You could carry a backpack with a plastic Ziploc bag large enough to put your shoes inside rather than risk getting them wet. If you carry a pair of flip-flops or water shoes in your bag, you could just switch as you get close to your ride time. That way you don't have to be without your comfortable shoes for too long, but you also don't have to worry about getting them wet. You'll definitely enjoy the rides so much more if you're not worried about getting your feet wet.

I know that may seem like a hassle, but I would hate for you to ruin your insoles and have aching feet during your happy trip to DW!:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
08-21-2007, 07:29 PM
I wear special orthotics too. I have been on every ride except Kali River Rapids with no problems. Even Splash Mountain, your top will get wet, even very wet, but your feet don't.:thumbsup:

Speedy1998
08-21-2007, 09:26 PM
I have never had a problem with wet feet on Splash Mountain. Kali on the other hand, is often like standing in a stream.

Mandykay
08-22-2007, 07:06 AM
I HAVE had a problem on Splash Mountain with getting my feet wet. Huge puddle in the bottom of the boat when I sat down. I think my feet have gotten the wettest in a thunderstorm though. I was waiting for a bus at MK and the rain came in sideways and I was SOAKED head-to-toe. So watch out for those Florida rainshowers, too:umbrella:

mrsgaribaldi
08-22-2007, 07:26 AM
I HAVE had a problem on Splash Mountain with getting my feet wet. Huge puddle in the bottom of the boat when I sat down. :umbrella:

Maybe your boat had some problem. ;) DH and I have gone on Splash Mountain to many times to count and never got our feet wet.:mickey:

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-22-2007, 09:59 AM
This is not a silly question at all. I think with all the walking we do, this is a concern for most of us.

I like the idea of carrying the flip flops with you on the water rides.

However, what do you do when your just walking around, especially in Sept, and there's a sudden heavy rain? Just carry another pair of tennis shoes? Boy, we're going to be lugging around a whole shoe department.:D

garymacd
08-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Just an idea...You could carry a backpack with a plastic Ziploc bag large enough to put your shoes inside rather than risk getting them wet. If you carry a pair of flip-flops or water shoes in your bag, you could just switch as you get close to your ride time.

My thoughts exactly. While you're at it, carry an extra pair of socks, shorts or pants and underpants! Especially if you are going during cooler weather. Being wet is okay, being cool is survivable, but being cold AND wet is just miserable and hazardous to your health.:(

BMan62
08-22-2007, 11:13 AM
I wear prescription orthotics as well, but have never had a problem with them getting wet. Yes, they have been wet, but they dry as quickly as regular insoles do, so it would be no worse than wearing 'off the shelf' shoes.

If you have that much concern over them getting wet, just take them off and put them in the center section of the raft on KRR and bag them on SM. Other than those rides, there should be no problem.

irish1967
08-22-2007, 11:18 AM
I HAVE had a problem on Splash Mountain with getting my feet wet. Huge puddle in the bottom of the boat when I sat down. I think my feet have gotten the wettest in a thunderstorm though. I was waiting for a bus at MK and the rain came in sideways and I was SOAKED head-to-toe. So watch out for those Florida rainshowers, too:umbrella:

Splash Mountain - never gotten my feet wet.

Kali River Rapids - Have always gotten my feet wet - I concur that you should definitely bring a plastic zipper bag to hold your shoes and switch to flip flops or other shoes for the ride (they will not let you ride bare foot)

Sudden Florida Thunderstorm - Thankfully, I missed it (back at the resort w/sleeping baby) but DH, DS, and DDad were in one once that was so bad that all three ended up buying new shoes since they were still completely soaked the next day! :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
08-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Kali River Rapids has the potential to get you drenched.

**a_spoonful_of_sugar**
08-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Not an answer to your question. However, what about getting you a pair of flip flops or something to wear while you are on the ride? So that if they get wet not a big deal. Then after the ride you could change back into your other shoes? Just a thought.

i myself suffer if i dont wear substancial shoes whilst walking round the parks, and find it very difficult when my feet get soaked, so thumbs up to this idea :thumbsup:

and just a small tip if youre first timer, find a place to sit down and swap your shoes over before you queue. because attendants generally dont like people fussing around with shoes and bags just before theyre about to jump on the ride

hope you have a magical holiday!

disneynarula
08-25-2007, 10:33 AM
I would also recommend bringing a pair of flip flops or other water shoes for Kali.

dumbo ears
08-25-2007, 12:38 PM
well really the only way to garuntee that your shoes won't get wet is to stay away from the water rides. like splash mountain, kali river rapids, and maybe pirates. u could get wet and the bottom of the drop.