PDA

View Full Version : Help - possible trip interruption

miasmom
08-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Hi All,
I am leaving tomorrow for 8 days with my two children. My grandmother is very ill, and most likely will not make it more than a few more days. But we are not cancelling b/c no one really knows what will happen (she is 98 and has led a very, very vibrant life until the past 18 months.) She could hang on several more weeks, and since there is no guarantee that we will actually have to come home early, we are going to take the risk.

Here are my questions:

1) I booked 5 nights at POP. Once we check in, if we have to leave before night 5, do we still get charged for all 5. We did not purchase a package - just the rooms.

2) We have Princess and Pirate tickets for Thursday. If we cannot use them, what are the chances that a sympathetic CM will refund them? Sub-question 2a) - is there any chance that they will allow me to apply to a later date?

3) We are purchasing 6 day hoppers (expiring). If we only use a couple of days, do you think there is any chance that they would refund part of the tickets?

Well, I will being packing momentarily and I'm not planning to check in online as I normally do (since w/ Continental, once you check in, they consider the ticket used and it is harder to get a refund)

thanks for your answers.

Jen C.
08-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Karen, I am so sorry for your situation. :(
Two years ago, I was in the exact same boat. We left with my Grandfather terribly ill. He did pass while we were on vacation, and we did have to change some things. I have a few recommendations.
First of all, it is not too late to purchase trip insurance, although read the fine print. Because your grandma is ill, they may call that "pre-existing".. I recommend insuremytrip.com to check out all kinds of policies and prices. As for your room, I think considering the circumstances, you would most likely be refunded for the days not used. I'm not 100% on this. As for the P&PP, you can get a different date on those tickets if need be. I'm not sure about an actual refund. We had to change the dates of our MNSSHP that year. Lastly, as far as you park hoppers, you can add the no expiration option at any time during your stay. IF you should have to leave early, just add that option and save them for another time.
Best wishes for a safe trip, and kind thoughts to your family!:)

WRWDisney
08-21-2007, 07:37 PM
So sorry to hear about your Grandmother. just to chime in on Jen's recommendation, if you do have to leave early and add the no expiration option to your tickets, also go ahead and max out the number of days on the ticket (take them to 10 day; that will be a small expense compared to the no-expiration option.

She is right; you can do this at any time during your trip. adding four days will only cost you $15-$25/ticket--no-expiration will be closer to $$100.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Enjoy the magic of the World and try not to worry to much while on vacation.

Clotho
08-21-2007, 08:41 PM
So sorry to hear about your Grandmother. just to chime in on Jen's recommendation, if you do have to leave early and add the no expiration option to your tickets, also go ahead and max out the number of days on the ticket (take them to 10 day; that will be a small expense compared to the no-expiration option.

She is right; you can do this at any time during your trip. adding four days will only cost you $15-$25/ticket--no-expiration will be closer to $$100.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Enjoy the magic of the World and try not to worry to much while on vacation.

Even if you max out the days, you will still have to add the no expiration to it. a 10 day ticket is the same as any other length ticket in that regard. But I agree that it makes sense to max it out as well as add the no expiration, since if you want to use it on your next trip, and you want to stay more than the couple days you have left from this ticket, you will have to buy an additional ticket at a much higher cost. This way you can kind of "pre buy" for your return trip at a lower cost. Smart!:number1: