PDA

View Full Version : A confusing hypothetical question...

DisneyTwinsMommy
08-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Ok, I am going to explain this as best as possible...
We are planning two visits to WDW in 2008... one in May and one in the Fall... (and one in April of 2009)
When I go down in May we will purchase APs and use them for all three trips... My question is, for our Fall trip, we will go in September if they offer free dining... I know that I have to forgo my AP discount on the room, but it will still be worth it... I also know that I have to buy at least a one day pass. (which I will not need bc of my APs) Can I buy a two-day pass with no expiration and hold it until I need to buy another AP (in May of 2009) at that point, can I use the purchase price of the two day ticket to count towards the upgrade to my AP (so I dont lose any money in the deal?)

I'm sorry I made this confusing...:mickey:

bleukarma
08-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Ok, I am going to explain this as best as possible...
We are planning two visits to WDW in 2008... one in May and one in the Fall... (and one in April of 2009)
When I go down in May we will purchase APs and use them for all three trips... My question is, for our Fall trip, we will go in September if they offer free dining... I know that I have to forgo my AP discount on the room, but it will still be worth it... I also know that I have to buy at least a one day pass. (which I will not need bc of my APs) Can I buy a two-day pass with no expiration and hold it until I need to buy another AP (in May of 2009) at that point, can I use the purchase price of the two day ticket to count towards the upgrade to my AP (so I dont lose any money in the deal?)

I'm sorry I made this confusing...:mickey:

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you have to buy a 3 day pass to get the free dining. I know you only have to buy 1 day pass to get the dining plan but I think for the free dining you have to do at least 3 days.

Here we go again...
08-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Nope, the free dining only required a 1 day park ticket when we did the free dining.

I heard rumors that they might change it to length of stay tickets for the free dining... I hope that is not true.

Okay, here is the catch with the ticket you purchase with the free dining... you do not need the no expiration option. Since you will not you the day it should not expire. Remember, tickets expire 14 days after the first use... if you never use the tickets in the park, they are still good.
We upgraded ours to annual passes.

DisneyTwinsMommy
08-22-2007, 11:02 AM
I may have posted this in the wrong thread, which I apologize for... but can someone confirm one way or another? I got two conflicting answers... thanks!

bleukarma
08-22-2007, 12:07 PM
As far as purchasing a one day ticket or a three day ticket for the free dining, someone else might know the definite answer. If the other poster just did a one day ticket and get free dining then I would trust her as I have never got in on the free dining, so she would know before me.

As far as using the ticket that you purchased toward your annual pass, yes they do that. I have a 3-day ticket that I am upgrading to a season pass next month.

Here we go again...
08-22-2007, 02:04 PM
I may have posted this in the wrong thread, which I apologize for... but can someone confirm one way or another? I got two conflicting answers... thanks!

We DID get the free dining with the purchase of a 1 day ticket.

offwego
08-22-2007, 03:15 PM
I can also confirm that we received free dining with a one day ticket..that will also not "expire" if we don't use it and thus can be applied to an AP purchase in the future. (for 2007 free dining)

crazypoohbear
08-22-2007, 04:10 PM
I hope this clears things up a little.
to get the free dining this year you have to
1) stay a minimum of 3 days in the disney resort of your choice.
2) purchase at least a 1 day park pass.
3) I was told that as long as you don't use the 1 day pass during your stay it will still be good later on down the road.
have some wonderful trips!

CleveRocks
08-22-2007, 11:06 PM
Any ticket that you buy is good forever until the first time it is used to gain entrance. You can buy a base ticket now, of ANY length of days, and as long as you don't use it, that ticket will still be as good 20 years from now as it is today.

So again, all together, we say, "Tickets that have never been used never expire." Base tickets expire after 14 days from first use. If you didn't use it yet, then there is no "clock ticking" on that ticket.

Therefore, if you buy a ticket now and will not use any part of it until some time in the future, then paying for the no expiration option is totally unnecessary.

Also,

Whether you purchase the Dining Plan or accept the free Dining Plan, the ONLY ticket requirement is that you buy a minimum of a 1-day pass.

I hope this helps. This isn't a guess, this isn't theory, it's all absolute fact.

kellya6
08-27-2007, 10:50 PM
To take advantage of the free dining do you have to stay on site as well? Or is it enough to purchase the 1 day park ticket?

CleveRocks
08-28-2007, 05:22 AM
When offered, the free Disney Dining Plan is a promotion to sell hotel rooms. The DDP can only be booked as part of a package that also includes room and tickets.