PDA

View Full Version : Just DH and I, R and R.....Yeah right! Day 3

dolphinmickey9170
08-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Cast:
DH - Ben - 42 - Fell in love with WDW on his very first trip, hence, he bought into DVC for my wedding present!! Thanks Ben.

Me - Kristen - 36 - Been in love with all things Disney since I was a little girl!!

August 11-16, 2007, Just the two of us for a bit of rest and relaxation......yeah right!

Learned to shut bathroom door this time, so light didn't shine in at me in the morning. We slept in again...this time 0830, had breakfast in our room, showered and walked to Goode's for coffee. Heading for Epcot today to finish the countries we didn't hit yesterday. Decided to take whichever bus showed up first, MK or Epcot. Well, MK showed up first, so we hopped on that one with the intent to take monorail to Epcot from there. Well, the monorail decided to change our plans for today. After we got off the bus at MK, we walked up to the monorail. We sat there for 20 minutes without moving (we were on the yellow monorail). The doors closed - opened - closed - opened, you get the picture. Finally after another 10 minutes we moved on to the Contemporary. People loaded on as they complained they needed to get to GF for breakfast ADR's at 1030, it is now 1015. As soon as we loaded, they made an announcement for everyone to disembark. Everyone needed to get off immediately. Boy, the moans and groans were very loud. They explained you could either walk back to MK or go to the bus stop downstairs. We decided to go to the bus stop and catch the Epcot bus, well as we approached the bus stop, a MGM bus was there, so we decided to take that one and just ride the boat to Epcot. We board the bus with the same family needing to get to that breakfast at GF (the bus goes from Contemporary to Wilderness Lodge to Poly to GF) we spotted a "fix it" train for the monorail. It was a weird looking train car that was obviously going to repair or remove the monorail. Then we see the yellow monorail going into the repair shop. Finally at 1059, that family made it to GF. Finally, off to MGM. It took us over an hour and a half to get from getting off the bus at MK to getting off the bus at MGM. We decided to stay here for a while as it wasn't really that busy.

We got FP for ToT for 1250, and then proceeded to go throught the singles line on RnRC, as DH would just exit at the end of the line anyway. This was genious. I think we may have waited 5 minutes tops. So we went right back through again. My dolphin bracelet fell off my arm as we approached the "parking area" at the end of the ride. Luckily I felt it fall down my arm and was able to retrieve it from my seat. We walked up and down the shops on Sunset Blvd as we waited for our ToT FP. Went into the candy shop and bought two chocolate covered strawberries. The CM saw our anniversary pins, wished us a happy anniversary and then handed us two chocolate covered marshmallows dipped in sprinkles (jimmies). It was FP time and we were on the ToT in 10 minutes. Awesome. My favorite ride in all "the world". DH exits this one as well and meets me on the other side. This trip was a hoot, up and down 4 times. It was so cool. As tradition hold true, I must hit the bell-hop bell as I exit the ride.

It's time to head for Epcot for our ADR's at LeCellier lunch. But I must pause and take pictures of the naked ball (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2521379220042804337HKVdZw). I just can't believe it looks so funny. I have seen the ball completely naked, with the "2000" for the milennium and with "EPCOT" as well. Makes me wonder with the 25th birthday this October, what are they planning?

We order ceasar salad with candied walnuts (not on the menu, but I asked and they delivered), we both had the filet, so delicious that angus beef cooked to perfection. Ben tried the creme brulee sampler, (his first time) and I had the chocolate whiskey cake. YUMMY!! Lauren, our server, was an international exchange person who stayed in one of the three disney housing buildings at DTD. They are building a fourth one now. But you don't know they are there because they don't advertise or put up signage of their existence. After her one year in the program, she met an American and got married and now lives in Orlando and still works at LeCellier. She was really great!! Thanks Lauren.

After lunch, we walked to Mexico, rode around looking for Donald, headed for Norway with a 20 minute wait. Then onto China, Germany and Italy. We stood on the "bridge" by Italy looking at the threatening sky (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2521379220042804337HKVdZw). Walking back toward Mexico, Ben has a strawberry margarita (alcohol) and I get a Cafe Mocha (no alcohol). Headed back to OKW to cool off and enjoy diet pepsi and then hopped on boat to DTD. First stop, the christmas store. I love this place. I can't wait for our christmas trip 12/15-21. Went into WoD store, DH bought me a new watch, silver with mickey heads on the strap and a blue face with a diamond mickey at the "12". Got our AP discount too. Chatted with a CM from Maine, who can't wait to go home, it's too hot for her. Walked around all the way to Cirque and then walked back to boat and back to OKW. Went into store, picked up package from Epcot a few days earlier, bought a couple of DVC shirts and back to our room. Didn't have any dinner tonight as it was too hot and just didn't feel like eating. Watched the news, had cereal at midnight in our room and then crashed!

Next up......Boma, MGM and Epcot, and a few raindrops.

bleukarma
08-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Wow, you sure are learning a lot about the CM's!! :mickey: Sounds like a fun day and a good lunch!!

T-Belle
08-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Another great report!

January-2007
08-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Wow what a transportation adventure! Thanks for the trip reports! :thumbsup:

iheartmickey
08-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Sounds like another incredible day. Funny how things work out and you end up somewhere different from your plan. Sounds like you made the best of it and had tons of fun.

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
08-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Sounds like another great day.

princessgirls
08-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the report.

Another wonderful day!

Julie:mickey:

shan-ash
08-22-2007, 12:05 AM
I'm glad you guys managed to have another great day even after the transpotation issues :thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
08-22-2007, 05:08 AM
Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:
I'm starving now;)

faline
08-22-2007, 09:13 AM
Well, I guess that's why they tell everyone to allow an hour transportation time to their reservations!

pdrlkr
08-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

KylesMom
08-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Well, at least you were able to get your fix of RnRC and ToT today!

You aren't kidding - Spaceship Earth looks naked. :(

Impressive touring with two parks and DTD under your belt today. Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

gauvin4
08-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Sorry the transportation didn't work out for you. I believe that everything happens for a reason. Maybe you were meant to go to MGM that day.:mickey:

I am enjoying your trip reports. Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

Pocahontas
08-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Sorry about your transportation problems, but at least the rest of your day sounded fun. :mickey:

Lizzie
08-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the report.

offwego
08-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the report! And by the way I love the watch you mentioned...it's my fave.

DizNee143
08-27-2007, 04:11 PM
wow..what an adventure just to get to Epcot...lol..but i see your plans changed then and also visited MGM...sounds like another nice day...
the picture of 'the ball' looked weird..havent seen it naked in quite some time...
:mickey: