PDA

View Full Version : (Mostly)Quick Reviews for 8 nights

alittleGrumpy
08-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Just returned from 8 nights staying at CBR and wanted to share my thoughts on TS meals while were there, so here goes:

8/11 – Ohanas (D) Birthday meal for me, as always great food, great atmosphere and great server. We really love O’hanas.

8/12 – Cape May (D) Clam chowder was best part of meal. Long lines to get OK food. Very poor server, nice but inattentive (empty glasses, forgetting requested items). Probably last time that we go to Cape May for a while.

8/13 – Coral Reef (D) Food was great, had a great server and this being our first time, all we wanted to do is watch fish and divers!!

8/14 – Concourse (D) Food was good, not great. No wait for ADR, beeper went off almost as soon as we sat down from checking in at front.

8/15 – Ohanas (B/brunch) Again great service, food was good but coffee was bitter. The last time we had breakfast here the coffee was really good so I was a bit disappointed, but it was O’hanas so we will without a doubt go back.

8/16 – 50’s Prime Time Café (D) One of those meals that was like, yeah we did it because it was there, fairly unmemorable. I had the pot roast and DW had meatloaf. Personally think that mine is better in either case, but I didn’t have to cook so it’s all good. Would not be high on my “have to go back” list.

8/17 – Whispering Canyon Café (D) This meal was originally going to be San Angel, but we got very lazy and did not want to go to any park this day so changed meal plans midday. We all had the skillet, food was OK, but we had a great time here. Was not so sure about going to another place with “servers with attitude” but it was great. Mid meal I had a call from my father in law and at the same time our server (who was beyond great) walked up with the “huge” mason jar of water (105 in shade I was very thirsty), at the same time she yelled at the top of her lungs EVERYBODY QUITE- HE’S ON THE PHONE!!!! She then proceeds to take my phone from me and asked the name of person on phone and had everyone in the place say hello. My DD9 and I could have crawled under the table, most embarrassed we’ve ever been, AND LOVED IT!!!!! Had a really good time here.

8/18 – Jiko’s (D) Was going to be Whispering Canyon, but changed because of going there previous day. Great meal to end the trip. Had, by far, the best server of any restaurant that we’ve experienced at any TS on any trip at Disney. Oh, and the food was great too, lol!!

Overall we had a great dining experience with 1 poor server and a couple of places that were just ok. The one thing that I took away from this trip is that if you are flexable you are able to change ADR's at the last minute. Thanks’ for reading and I hope that this will help someone!! :thumbsup:

January-2007
08-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the reviews, glad you had a good time.

mrsgaribaldi
08-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Sounds like you had a good time:thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing:mickey:

Crow
08-21-2007, 07:36 PM
sounds like u had some good meals. i think i would agree w WC food (wont probably b back) 50s
it will b my first time at Ohanas this trip

tinksmom02
08-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks for sharing! Sounds like overall you had some great meals! :mickey: