PDA

View Full Version : Surprise for arrival??

nadisnut
08-21-2007, 03:28 PM
We are taking our 2008 trip with another family, this will be the families first time in Walt Disney World and I would like to plan for a special treat to await us upon arrrival. I would like to arrange for some special Disney Themed Chocolates, is this possible to do through Disney Dining??
:ack:

ibrowse17
08-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Depending on where you are staying, they might already have such things waiting in your rooms.

KAJUNKING
08-21-2007, 03:42 PM
im sure if you call your hotel a week before you arrive they could set something up for you

mook3y
08-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Disney has an official florist. They have many different things you can choose from.

there is a link to their site from the following Intercot page:

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp

nicole48040
08-21-2007, 06:13 PM
To be honest, your first time in a Disney resort is SOOO exciting and special already. Your extra items maybe overlooked next to all the excitement of first getting there. I would not bother going though the expense of trying to get something waiting for you, I would wait a few days to do something extra. Like running to the gift shop alone and getting a stuffed animal for each child, then ask for mousekeeping to put them on the beds while your gone. That "extra" a few days into the trip will really put the "icing on the cake", I think. :D

TammiMcMan
08-22-2007, 09:11 PM
You have a few options, however, unless you are staying in a club level room, they won't actually deliver anything until you've checked in. That's because many rooms are not pre-assigned and even those that are, can be changed right up until you arrive. Probably not a good thing to find out your chocolate covered strawberries were eaten by someone else ;).

Now, if you're in a resort that offers private dining (aka room service), they'll be happy to help. They have cookies, chocolates, chocolate Mickey's, chocolate Tinker Belles, strawberries, etc. You may have to leave a credit card on line with them and your reservation information. When you check-in, they'll deliver to your room.

If you don't have the room service option at your resort, then the Disney Florist can help. Again, they'll deliver to your resort and then you can either pick it up at the front desk, or if they have extra staff available, they can deliver it to your room as well.

Finally, there are the bakeries. One located within the MK and the other on the Boardwalk. They can do something special, but you have to pick up, Disney dining doesn't deliver to the resort.

Let me know if you need any help with contact info.