PDA

View Full Version : Just DH and I, R and R.....Yeah right! Day 2

dolphinmickey9170
08-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Cast:
DH - Ben - 42 - Fell in love with WDW on his very first trip, hence, he bought into DVC for my wedding present!! Thanks Ben.

Me - Kristen - 36 - Been in love with all things Disney since I was a little girl!!

August 11-16, 2007, Just the two of us for a bit of rest and relaxation......yeah right!

Our second day started out kind of slow. We actually slept in...0730. Hard to sleep in when the peephole in the door shines the light right into our room and bounces off the headboard. The sun shining through the frosted window over the toilet brightens the room. The light creeping around the curtains. Oh well, I'm in WDW, why should I be sleeping when there are so many things to be doing. We ate breakfast in our room, showered and hit the bus stop. Five minutes later, up pulls a bus to Epcot. Once inside the park we headed for the camera shop as my batteries were dying. The camera shop asked me why I didn't use rechargable batteries. I explained that I cannot get my rechargables to take a full charge and they die before I get back to our resort at night. So I buy lithium batteries. She thanked me for the idea, as the lithium batteries last me for months vs the rechargable that dies too quickly. Well, silly me had the new ones in my hand as I opened the battery hatch. Dropped the old ones into my hand and thought I given them to the CM. WRONG!! I gave her the good ones to throw away. How dumb can I be. :blush: But I didn't know I did this until I used the camera a few hours later at the American Adventure. Oh well. At least I had bought two sets. So off we went to HISTA, Figment (love that purple guy, he's so cute!!) and Living with the Land. I like the way the ride is now without the cast member. You can actually hear and understand what is being said. After this, we decided it was time to eat. I wanted fish and chips, so off to the UK we go. Headed for France shopping, didn't buy anything. Ben decided he was also hungry, so off to America for him. He had a bacon double cheeseburger meal. We both had good stuff!!

Since The Voices of Liberty would be on in just a few minutes, we decided to catch American Adventure!! We sat down on the bench and a CM approached asking our last name and if someone from Disney had called us today. He then proceeded to take us back toward the front door and told me to pick up the phone and dial a bunch of numbers. Then Mickey and Minnie are on the phone wishing us a Happy Anniversary. Too cool. Once the call was finished, he told us to wait right there as he had something for us. He brought out a certificate (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2920095670042804337wlzErM) for our anniversary and magical moment. Then we ride an elevator upstairs. We are sat in two very royal looking chairs with a birdseye view of The Voices of Liberty. Once they were introduced and sang (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2858457810042804337FzOiOo) a couple of songs, they introduced us as the first family, who we were, where we were from, and how many years of marriage (one), dedicated a song to us, "When you Wish Upon a Star" and sat there and cried. They were awesome. We then went into the show and were introduced again as the first family. After the show we headed for shopping in Japan, bought some beautiful blue and white rice bowls and had them shipped to our resort.

Walking through the rest of the countries heading toward Canada, then we stopped for smoothies, sat in Project Tomorrow and relaxed for a few minutes in the cool air. Went to the bus stop headed for AKL, looked around, walked out to animal view and saw a giraffe napping, we thought this was a good idea. Decided to take bus back to MK, hopped on monorail to GF. DH slept on the couch for an hour while I just sat and people watched. I started shivering, as it was extremely cold in there, and decided I needed a chocolate fix. My bloodsugar was dropping, so I needed something quick to tide me over till dinner. SNICKERS really satisfies.:D

We hopped on the resort monorail and headed for the Contemporary. I really hope they build DVC there, as the rumor mill has been stating. We shopped in my favorite store on the concourse, walked around the arcade, rested on a couch and then checked into California Grill 40 minutes early requesting a window table. They took us up on the exclusive elevator and we sat across from the bar waiting for our table. Great view from the top of the Contemporary. This was our first time. We weren't able to get a window table as they were extremely busy. But we did get a great server. She was AWESOME. She explained lots of things, took her time with us. She deserved far beyond the 18% gratuity the dining plan allows. Ben had the triple cheese flatbread and I had the tomatoe soup. DELICIOUS!! We had ordered our entree, but Wishes was fast approaching. Our server had the chef hold our meal so we could go out on the balcony and enjoy Wishes (http://travel.webshots.com/album/560331789VnKtcn?start=96) (pp 9-13). After, we both had the filet (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2948317870042804337Cyelpk). Which was too die for. So tender, juicy and flavorful!! What a great meal. For dessert, I ordered a chocolate/coffee cake and Ben had the Banana Buzz. Both were delicious. They brought me a chocolate note (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2286324230042804337LIXvPT)on my dessert plate. Thank goodness for the dining plan. Dinner was $149.85!! Decided it was time to sleep. Walked from Contemporary and caught bus back to OKW @ 1150pm. Took a hot bath and crashed.

Next up.....morning @ Epcot again, or so we thought! The monorail had other plans for us.

gauvin4
08-21-2007, 03:08 PM
I teared up reading about the Voices of Liberty singing to you.:blush: It sounds like you had a great day. Can't wait to read more!

January-2007
08-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the trip report!

faline
08-21-2007, 03:37 PM
What a lovely surprise at American Adventure!

When we stayed at Old Key West, we kept the bathroom door closed at night so we wouldn't have the sun streaming through that window in the morning!

bleukarma
08-21-2007, 03:46 PM
I teared up reading about the Voices of Liberty singing to you.:blush: It sounds like you had a great day. Can't wait to read more!

:ditto: :blush:

KylesMom
08-21-2007, 04:14 PM
I teared up reading about the Voices of Liberty singing to you.

Make that a 3-peat. :mickey::mickey::mickey:

What a wonderful day you guys had - and the dinner sounds TO DIE FOR! :cloud9:

Boy, I sure hope nothing ominous happens on your way to Epcot! :(

T-Belle
08-21-2007, 04:47 PM
for our anniversary and magical moment. Then we ride an elevator upstairs. We are sat in two very royal looking chairs with a birdseye view of The Voices of Liberty. Once they were introduced and sang (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2858457810042804337FzOiOo) a couple of songs, they introduced us as the first family, who we were, where we were from, and how many years of marriage (one), dedicated a song to us, "When you Wish Upon a Star" and sat there and cried. They were awesome. We then went into the show and were introduced again as the first family.

Wow, that's sooo cool. How did they know it was your anniversary? Were you wearing pins?
Your photo's are great! Off to read more.

dolphinmickey9170
08-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Wow, that's sooo cool. How did they know it was your anniversary? Were you wearing pins?
Your photo's are great! Off to read more.

Yes, sorry, we were wearing our Happy Anniversary pins.

iheartmickey
08-21-2007, 08:00 PM
What a wonderful surprise with the phone call and being the first family. Sounds like a wonderful day!

Thank you for sharing. :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
08-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Sounds like an very very special day. Thanks for sharing.

princessgirls
08-21-2007, 11:07 PM
How Magical for you!!

What a wonderful day!

Thanks for sharing.

Julie:mickey:

shan-ash
08-22-2007, 12:01 AM
What a great day!!! Especially after your battery incident:secret:

mrsgaribaldi
08-22-2007, 05:04 AM
Awesome:mickey:
Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
08-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

poeticeclipse
08-22-2007, 01:56 PM

Me too! Oh goodness, I can't wait for my one year next May....:cloud9:

Pocahontas
08-22-2007, 04:01 PM
The Voices of Liberty are on my must see list; how wonderful to have them sing a song especially for you and your DH! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

Lizzie
08-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the report. Sounds like a really great day.

offwego
08-24-2007, 01:03 PM
What a lovely day! thank you for sharing it with us.:mickey:

DizNee143
08-27-2007, 03:23 PM
yay!! Epcot...i love this park...
omg i cant believe you did that with the batteries...lol..we all have our moments...but glad you had bought even more so it really wasnt to much of a problem!!!
dinner sounded and looked VERY yummy!!!
very cool you got a few surprises today for your anniversary!! :mickey: