PDA

View Full Version : Stopover in Atlanta on the way -

scooterca42
08-21-2007, 01:58 PM
We have a stopover in Atlanta of three hours - flying AirTran. I was on line and it looks like we come into an outlying terminal. The earlier flight is booked, so odds are we're stuck (mind you the price was so good it's hard to complain...:thumbsup:)

Is it possible to get to the main terminal and kill a couple hours without needing to go through security again? Or should we just grab some books, stock up the iPod and plan to wait it out? And is there anywhere to get food?

diznee_buzz
08-21-2007, 02:23 PM
You cannot get to the main terminal without going back through security. But, the good news is, you don't need to! You can get to any of the other concourses (A, B, D) via train without going through security. You'll be landing/taking off from Concourse C. There are a few places to grab something to eat on this concourse - including an Atlanta Bread Company.

I believe Concourse A is the main Delta area, and I know, at the very least, there is a larger sit-down TGIFridays restaurant (or at least it used to be a TGIfridays).

I honestly don't think the main terminal has that much more to offer than the Concourses. A Houlihans, maybe? I'm not sure - I always go through security and then make my food (and:beer:) choices.

Have fun!!

Gotta Love Eeyore
08-21-2007, 03:50 PM
If you Google Atlanta Airport, the airport homepage will allow you to search for dining / shops by Concourse. There are several sit down places that are found right on Concourse C. (Paschals Restaurant, Sam Adams, Charley's Steakery, etc.) It is a fairly quick train ride to the other concourses as well!