PDA

View Full Version : Dining Line Uncertainty.... Do I have.....

crazeedizneefinatic
08-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Our trip is just a very short 30 days away! I made dinner reservations at the Coral Reed way back when. I remember asking the CM taking the reservation if I can make a request. We would like to sit at a window by the tank. She told me just to ask once we get there and check in for our reservation. It seemed like she did not want to bother with any requests. Although I was making 10 days worth or dining reservations,lol. Is this true?? It seems like I need to request that now. Does anyone know for sure if that request needs to be made now? It's a birthday dinner and sure would hate to lose out because of being told the wrong info.

krose78
08-21-2007, 11:58 AM
I would call back and confirm you ressies and also tell them about the birthday and see if you can make the request. Sometimes it seems like it depends on who you talk to some will some won't.

luvdiznee
08-21-2007, 12:42 PM
When we went here, we were told the same thing. And we did make the request at the time we checked in and we did get a nice seat next to the tank. good luck.

SurferStitch
08-21-2007, 12:45 PM
That sounds right. I was told the same exact thing last year when I made our ADR for Coral Reef. I just made the request when we checked in, and DH and I got a table right next to the tank.

The tables next to the tank are only 2 person tables (there are two rows of tables near the tank), so if you have more than that in your party, you won't get one of those tables.

We waited about 20 minutes past our ADR time, but that was the norm for everyone, so the delay wasn't due to our table request.

Have a great birthday meal there!! :party:

mickey-mouse35
08-21-2007, 08:37 PM
I think you can get the divers to do a sign saying Happy Birthday, too, which would be cool. Saw it on another thread here on Intercot.

Natazu
08-21-2007, 08:53 PM
All requests for seating must be made at the time of restaurant check-in. To increase your odds, check in a little early.

disneynarula
08-21-2007, 09:14 PM
I think you also need to keep in mind that almost EVERYONE wants to sit by the tank. Sometimes you have to be willing to wait to get a table by the tank.

I know that we requested a table as well and I am sure that we are not the only ones.

crazeedizneefinatic
08-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the replys, I feel better now.:)

boobalk
08-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Garantees usually cannot be given. However, if you call back and tell the circimstances, they can note it on your ressies. And the earlier you check, let them know again, and the better chance you'll have to possibly get your window-view seat!:thumbsup:

angedeaile
08-22-2007, 03:30 PM
I would think it would be no different than Cali Grill and their window seat view for Wishes.

You can comment on it when you make your ressie, but they always tell you to get there early and mention it when you check in.

They can't really do anything when you make your ressie, because they don't know how many people will be sitting near the tank or window at the time of your reservation.

BTW-If it is during a busy time and you REALLY want to sit by the tank, mention that you are willing to wait.